The Official QONQR Community Forums
Phrozt

Flippers

Reader beware... there will be a lot of veiled messages here.

I find it sad when someone gets beat so bad by a minority that they have to flip to the majority.

I find it even more sad when they then petition the minority for a set of zones because NOW they have "backup."

Yet sadder, the minority continues to beat them and their new faction through diligence and hard work.

Finally, saddest of all, despite having an overwhelming majority against the minority, they turn further into their faction for more supporters because they still can't cope.

I'm all for becoming someone's friend and having them flip because they feel brotherhood; camaraderie, a sense of belonging. That's great. But when you can't hang, choose the big dogs.. and you still can't hang... maybe it's not everyone else, maybe it's you.

You really have absolutely no **** clue where you are, who you are aligned with and what you are apart of do you..I mean..seriously no clue!? MINORITY?

You're a part of one of most dominant forces playing the game! The only prayer ANYONE has against the group you're with is a large number of allies and even then they don't have much of a chance.

The thing that kills me most is that you're on the forum trash talking..I've been in your zones..I'd keep quiet if I were you.

You've got veteran players, stacking professionals and seasoned hitmen all around you trying to help you be a better operative..and your crowing about being able to hang..you have a few 200k zones that, if properly coordinated, could be obliterated by a handful of people in a short afternoon.

Who knows..maybe you'll get lucky and that alligator mouth won't drag your tweety bird rear (and the people who've miraculously tolerated your asinine ability to ignore good advice..you know..the "minority") into something much bigger than it already is..though I doubt it.

Sincerely,

The Guy You Wined To About Fighting Over A Handful Of Zones For In An Afternoon Because It Was To Much To Deal With While Fighting The War Against The "Majority"

I'm sorry Mass, but wtf are you even talking about? I said "you're doing a good job helping the swarm" and then pointed out the local players to you and said I was overheated fighting you alone and still had to deal w/4 of them. Then I pointed out the warzone to you to show you local politics because you still didn't get it (which apparently you still don't). Not sure how that's whining.

I know very well where I am, and it's right up against 3 of the top 50 IL players (I'm not even on the board) within 25-30 mile range, as well as one flipper and 2 significant others of said group with only myself and my SO in that range. Yes, I can call in favors, but I very rarely do because the overwhelming opinion of "help" in my group (read: not everyone in my group, but most people) is that I should give into this flipper because he jumped ship to the local powers, and I simply do not roll that way. I fully understand that my area is weak and have no problem getting obliterated and re-building because I've already done it dozens of times. That's kind of how 6 v 2 battles go and I accept that.

What I find funny is that, even though Mr. Flips has the odds in his favor in the local area, he's still looking for more help, but apparently you don't understand the difference between nano range and the range of every other bot type, and think that somehow I have all of IL faceless at my disposal vs one poor soul.

Reality begs to differ.

I'm willing to cede that you MIGHT not have been whining..inflection being nonexistent in text leaves much to the imagination and given the situation..I imagined you whining. I also understand your self-inflicted politics as well.

What I don't understand why you think your "flipper" isn't going to do everything he can to end the fight..including getting more people..especially if drawing a line isn't "how you roll". Why would he want to endlessly squabble over zones..why do you? I get sticking with your game style but unless you just want to endlessly retake the same zones constantly..something has to happen. Your team and your opposition want a line. If there can be no line..obliteration of one side or the other is the only solution to constant battle.

I understand deployment range just fine..I also understand your position and your opposition better than you, wiseacre..especially what your "flipper" has likely been thinking. Why don't you ask him about the possibility of the entire IL Faceless versus one poor soul..or Ariaore up above..heck..ask them..Im sure they'll enlighten you as to the reality of that happening. Your last two sentences just reinforce how close minded to the situation you really are, Phrozt. That's reality.

I fully understand he's going to do whatever he can to win. I'm just saying it's sad that he's on the dominant side (for this area) and still needs help.

Why do I constantly "squabble" over zones? Because I started playing a game called "qonqr," not "exchange pleasantries so we can all have nice things!"

Call me close minded if you will, but I don't see any scenario where I war against someone, beat them, take their zones, and then when they flip like a... well.. you know... say, "oh, well now you should clearly get your zones back, because you worked so hard for them."

Wait! We are talking about legion in Illinois being a majority?

Sorry, but I have to weigh in on this one.

In Illinois, outside of the Chicago and st Louis areas, we are most decidedly not a majority.

Further along, the faceless here are (mostly) a giant unit. More than once I've had to defend against day long attacks from 12-20 faceless, because of one missile sent. If you can't get any purple help, then that sounds like your internal diplomacy has failed.

lastly, keep in mind this is a very social game. Fussing on the forums tends to alienate you from allies that normally would have helped... And\or paint a giant target for players who play for the virtual tears.

My two cents.

Once again, not talking about all of Illinois, I'm talking about my area between Springfield/Decatur. Swarm has 3 top 50s there, Mr. Flips, and 2 of them have SOs. Apparently Flippity do dah did get someone to bite because some new guy showed up for Operation - 4v1 on a piddly 100k tower lol.

And no, I'm not fussing, I'm laughing. Even if you killed all of my zones, I'll just clean em up and come back. But you probably won't ever completely eradicate me, because I don't keep all my sox in one basket ;).

My last post on this..I'm gonna try and keep this simple for you, Phrozt.

You're a part of IL Faceless..your "area" of the state is moot and, in fact, works against your point. With neighbors like Outlaw, Messuna and Rebel nearby and zones around you held by Sayya and others..people know that your NOT ALONE.

Anyone in the area who has played this game for any amount of time knows "you mess with one IL Faceless..you mess with all IL Faceless"..ESPECIALLY your "flipper". He was literally wiped off the face of the state by IL Faceless..ALL of them. He won't, and shouldn't, look at the situation as 6vs1..because he knows, as you SHOULD, that it's 6vs20+. Any sane player would be scrounging for any extra help they could get to fight with you..because of your affiliation with your group.

That is..if they want anything to do with you after that "help" comment in your first response. Frankly..I'd be upset with you about it.

As for why you play the game the way you do..whatever..I guess as long as it's fun for you. Just don't be surprised if people around you get tired of the back and forth instead of moving to new areas of "accomplishment".

Sorry, but I have to weigh in on this one.

In Illinois, outside of the Chicago and st Louis areas, we are most decidedly not a majority.

My two cents.

What?!? Legion a majority in Chicago??? Legion has never been a majority in Chicago, we just happened to dominate the majority (at one point probably all) of the 1000+ zones. And we're so far from being a majority now it's ridiculous... we're easily outnumbered by Faceless 4 to 1. And that's very conservative. I think I last counted 32+ daily active Faceless in Chicago. And under the guidance of Mabryar, they've flourished. I'm sure if they wanted to, they could easily paint the whole town and suburbs purple - but for some reason they're enamored of Effingham and all they seem to be doing is capturing a zone a day and building it up to a heavily fortified 1m+ bots. *YAWN*

I blame you, Ariaore! Darn you! You've spawned dozens of Faceless around here that want to be JUST LIKE YOU!!! :P

I suppose it could be worse though. They could want to be like RebelFalcon... :D

Or were you referring to "being so successful in your endeavors that a three-faction group forms because you push too hard"? Kinda the reason you don't get to fight faceless in Illinois 1-on-1, also. I have to agree, I'm a horrible role model.

I guess there must be a ton of faceless all across the cornfields of IL. I can tell you from experience that there are more legion in Chicago and the North and NW burns. I personally had to deal with ar least 3 legion, plus their multiscopes solo until I find a group of Faceless here.

Right now we seem to be winning a few major battles against red because we are a good group. We don't take ish too seriously and we have each others back. Now a few Big Red want to whine and cry because we are fighting back and holding ish down.

and phrotz, we got your back.......well as much as we can from up here.

And I hope you were not talking about that 9 milly tower when you were talking about faceless ganging up on one person.

I think the main take away from this thread is that the faceless is the largest faction and everyone hates them because they secretly want to be one but don't want to risk losing hard earned rank points... Yea, that's it :P