The Official QONQR Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Raidez

Quiting players and their bots

Recently, one of our regions active players decided to quit, and while it was sad and all, it brought up the discussion on whether he should switch factions to destroy his 11 million bot count and towers as a courtesy to new players, or to leave them as they were as a legacy... Thoughts?

I'm not bothered.

I had a local crying out for help against some Swarm players. He was getting flak and needed help. Those players all quit at the same time, months before! lol B)

Its probably confusing to new players but, if they're lucky, it gives them something to kill without getting pounded.

I'm not bothered.

I had a local crying out for help against some Swarm players. He was getting flak and needed help. Those players all quit at the same time, months before! lol B)

Its probably confusing to new players but, if they're lucky, it gives them something to kill without getting pounded.

exactly. it's hard enough for new players to get a foothold, if all towers were destroyed then some big player would chuck a missile at it for the capture, then if a new player popped up and tried to capture it the big player would get an alert everytime and send over another missile, new player squashed, bored quits.

if there is a big tower they can chip away at they can learn the ropes without getting strangled by it.

not to mention all the hard work down for a faction only to chuck it all away, if it was a fellow faceless guy i would be a little narked with him for doing it, why help out other factions like that?

and lastly, what if he decided a month later to get back into the game?

Whereas if a new player started hitting a correctly setup tower of a player that quit, they'd be getting such low bot kills and making no headway that they'd probably give up. Not to mention that they might start wondering if this is a block building game rather than a war type game.

A big player who holds many zones, of which most are a single missile launch will find it increasingly harder to retake all the zones the new player keeps taking especially as the new player levels up and buys upgrades. It may also help teach the new player how to successfully defend against attacks, what the different bots can do etc. Eventually, the big player will have to concede to losing those zones unless s/he has very deep pockets...

However, destroying all your bots before quitting may not do your fellow comrades much good or put you in a good position if you return. That said, the reason you quit (aside from personal issues etc.) will probably be that you got bored so coming back to exactly how it was doesn't seem very tempting does it? I'd much rather come back and have a new challenge of fighting new owners.

Personally, I'd prefer it if there were a size cap on zones, it'd make for a more interesting game. I know, I know, I'm a hypocrite as I've built lots of towers, but only because I can or lack the range to hit much else.

I feel that this is more of a problem for rural areas. In cities, it is not of much concern as there are usually equal numbers of factions, so you can always find a friendly 'safe' zone. But in rural areas there are fewer players, this may, or may not be a problem as there is less of a need to build towers. There are usually a few large towers, surrounded by a lot of small zones. Either way, there is usually an easy way for new people to learn the game. They just may need to accept that they wont be able to start in their home zone straight away and look at their surrounding zones instead.

Even if you leave your zones as they are, the area will change. But a decay after a certain period of time would be welcome.

On another note:

i' sure tre''s something wrongwith this sit. It doesn't let metype properl

That's what happens I try to type normally. For some reason it cant cope if I type faster than a letter a second. It's a painstaking process. (It's just this site, I have checked)