The Official QONQR Community Forums
Silver

Battle Engine Rewrite is Complete

See the blog post for all the details.

http://blog.qonqr.com/post/80191879851/battle-engine-rewrite-completed

This is very exciting because it not only removes a major roadblock to new battle enhancements but it frees up my time to start working on new features.

Thanks Silver - particularly pleased with the vastly increased launched speed - no longer waiting 30 secs for my device to finally launch - only happening with 1-2secs. In regards to the new target level for whom is selected in a base - prior to the upgrade those who had boosters or galvenisers in a base where the highest threat (assuming no diverts), under the new battle engine I'm assuming that the higher threat levels are no longer relevant and it is more simply who has the most defensive bots (or attacking bots if seekers are used). Or to put another way if 1 player had 40k boosters and another 40k deflectors they would both share hits, under the old engine the boosters would get hit more frequently as they had a higher threat level (or at least that it how I understood it).

I don't really know what to say about the new changes. Haven't noticed much difference apart from smoother launches.

Anyway good job. I suppose. Looking forward to some exciting updates. Fingers crossed

Noticed something last night that seemed odd to me but maybe it's intended and I've not seen it since the changes.

So a Faceless player had 10k Deflections on a zone and I had under 1k SW/Missiles then I started dropping in Seekers up to 9k so some Swarm could send a missile, first one to hit gets the Seeker kills. So one Swarm sent 6/7 missiles but each time hitting the Faceless Deflections. Ok so the Faceless player had the most shields fair enough and I now control the zone. So I thought I'd try sending in some more Seekers to take out the Swarm missiles but hit nothing, then I started sending in Deflections expecting those to be hit by Swarms missiles but no they weren't. I now have about 8k Deflections and lots of Seekers on the zone compared to 5k Faceless Deflections and the Swarm missiles are not touch me.

So I'm guessing the kill orders are secondary to the Shield amount even if you're sending in Seekers which will hit nothing on the highest Shield amount player.

Seekers should still hit offensive formations regardless. I reckon you had another op in there taking out the missiles leftovers with plasma. The kill order is still the same as it was.

Seekers should still hit offensive formations regardless. I reckon you had another op in there taking out the missiles leftovers with plasma. The kill order is still the same as it was.

Nope, the Swarm missiles were still in there and Faceless had no attack bots in there while I was throwing Seekers in. My Seekers were hitting nothing and my Deflections were unaffected by the Swarm missiles. I think the new engine ignored the Swarm missiles because Faceless shields were higher, which is fine if you're hitting a zone with only one faction in but not if it's a 3-way zone.

The reason I know Swarm had missiles on the zone is because I was doing a Seeker lotto and they definitely weren't local to the zone and the first player sent in a whole batch of missiles, all ignoring my 9k Seekers and hitting Faceless Deflections.

Your deployments will always go against the enemy faction with the highest total number of bots, threat/shields/etc are taken into account after that to determine which player's bots (within the highest-bot faction) are hit. It sounds like this was working as intended.

I still clear seekers with missiles from all ops in a zone before hitting deflection. The kill order still stands above overall threat level.

Maybe, and this happened to me, because you now changed faction you still look at the wrong part of the summary sometimes. This made me do a double take or a mis launch occasionally, after I changed faction.

The repetitive gameplay imprints routines into your brain that take a while to reorganize after you change a part of it.