The Official QONQR Community Forums
Trustar

Tru Story Discussion Thread

I'm aware how pompous i must seem starting this thread but.....

I guess starting the tru story thread with 3 posts back to back encouraged nobody to post any thoughts in amongst the story... which is fine, it keeps the thread all tidy and clear but i would really like to hear some feedback from people - if anyone is actually reading it :P

Its nice, albeit the story seems to move slow... Either way, keep it coming :)

it sure does, i am aware of that, i just let it move naturally forward, i don't feel like deliberately adding exciting stuff would work too well, i have considered carrying on writing as i am but just cutting out the more action packed bits for posting here but that would take much longer, im trying to get into the habit of having one 'episode' ready at the end of the week every week. not sure if that will carry on though, if i feel quality is deteriorating i'll slow down a bit...atm it's working ok though, i hope!

For me my story's are report files on missions I do and make it seem like past incidents for my character files carried back by qonqr from the future I see it as a way to connect me as a major character to qonqr.

I've been reading them and have enjoyed each one. I didn't post on it simply because its a tidy thread. Yep it does feel steady, some might say slow, but I like that pace of prose. It allows for good descripitive depth.

I didn't know you wanted some input on the thread Trustar, I will send them to you though. Keeping the story threads nice and clutter free. :)

yeah, it's nice the thread is clear but i would like a bit off feedback, so i know i'm not wasting my time lol. that's why i put this thread up so i could get some reponse and have a chat about it, whether you send me them or post here i don't mind :)

I've been reading them and have enjoyed each one. I didn't post on it simply because its a tidy thread. Yep it does feel steady, some might say slow, but I like that pace of prose. It allows for good descripitive depth.

cheers leigh thank you! im just writing at what seems a natural pace, if too much happened the whole qonqr war would be over within a few stories lol, i like this game so it only makes sense to drag out the story ;)

at some stage i'll probably stop for a bit and try and turn what i think of as episodes into either a short story or chapters for a book. i guess i think of these like potential radio dramas or episodes of a tv/cartoon/comic book, i try to make each one a stand alone piece but with a bit of suspense in the ending. i only have so much planned ahead, it should be fun when i have enough completed i can start toying with a running theme and the timeline.

i guess, god knows really, first time i've done anything like this :lol:

For me my story's are report files on missions I do and make it seem like past incidents for my character files carried back by qonqr from the future I see it as a way to connect me as a major character to qonqr.

i did consider writing this like a fact file/casebook on a past event, possibly distant past - perhaps even could be made for release after the qonqr war - i guess that however would give away that qonqr didn't annihilate the human race. unless the book was the only surviving remnant of mankind on earth? dun dun duuuuuuh.

maybe it would be found in the cave lol

statue_of_liberty_planet_apes.jpg

I like them, its building up an its still quite early. I'm not sure exactly what you plan but developing one or two more characters could be good, to add a bit more depth, or a recollection of a past event.

I like them, its building up an its still quite early. I'm not sure exactly what you plan but developing one or two more characters could be good, to add a bit more depth, or a recollection of a past event.

yeah more characters are going to be more introduced, it's kind of a retelling of how the game has gone for me, hence the name - it's a true story literally, obviously when i started it was just me and then you get to know the players around you and then the wider world.... s1yfa and one will play quite large roles as they have played a big role ingame as well being players near me i have worked with quite a bit.

i would have liked to have horrorpunk and griffo in it but them don't play anymore so i can't ask if it's ok... maybe if they come back ever i can right a prequel with them in lol

I like it but... It's boring at the same time. I just want someone to die already. :(

im practically the only character in it so far, should i be offended you want 'someone' to die?

i wonder what a psychologist would make of your desire to see someone die so much :P

probably not going to be a piece this weekend, have been ill enough to not think straight but not ill enough to be off work so have been getting home and going straight to bed.

also i'm not really happy with the final edit of the last piece so will revise that slightly, i have the next piece mostly written but need time to edit it then format it so will probably just skip this weekend and post it next week, but will try and republish last weeks piece properly

i know in the middle of sync lock-gate it'll get about as much attention as the grilled tomato on a full english but i have the next piece more or less ready to go and will be posting at some point later today

A sprinkle of sea salt and that grilled tomato is one of the best bits. In a full English I consider them all best bits though, especially the fried mushrooms. The eternal question about full english breakfast, bacon or sausage first. Have you noticed the proliferation of hash browns nowadays? Aren't they American? Not that I'm complaining I think they go really well and add some bulk. Fried bread has to be done with lard not oil. Eggs sunny side up with runny yolks for dipping in toast.

Mmmmm......

Story is coming on a treat btw :-)