The Official QONQR Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gadgerson

Green Screen Ideas

Maybe have interruptions by the faction leaders.

definitly a prometheus 'wehave taken over the airwaves' moment is needed :ph34r:

if only we knew someone who had a convincing replica of prometheus' mask......?

Detailed nanno bot fights so you get to see them actuallyblow each other up and deflectors jumping in the way etc. Possibly even a whole lot getting swallowed by a small dog due to a miscalculation in scale?

i think i know what you were doing last saturday morning at around 10am :D

I liked the news report idea, but my be too similar to Ingress, would have to make it somewhat unique.

Either way, I like the idea of using it to somehow advance the lore of the game. It makes the game more interesting and may also help in bringing in new players, whether it be through news reports or some other method.

Idea, to make it more unique, have the events being told from the POV of QONQR. Could use a Text-to-Audio so acting may not even be necessary, though, then a green screen may also be unnecessary :-p QONQR could be discussing events, battle situations.

Perhaps green screen would then be used by you guys just for videos on updates. Get a few lab coats and make it like these updates are part of lore, advancements in the nano-tech and such.

I liked the news report idea, but my be too similar to Ingress, would have to make it somewhat unique.

Either way, I like the idea of using it to somehow advance the lore of the game. It makes the game more interesting and may also help in bringing in new players, whether it be through news reports or some other method.

Idea, to make it more unique, have the events being told from the POV of QONQR. Could use a Text-to-Audio so acting may not even be necessary, though, then a green screen may also be unnecessary :-p QONQR could be discussing events, battle situations.

Perhaps green screen would then be used by you guys just for videos on updates. Get a few lab coats and make it like these updates are part of lore, advancements in the nano-tech and such.

i have no knowledge of ingress so i don't know where the cross overs would come...

goofy lab coat updates sounds fun

1) You could do broadcasts from inside hideouts and bases for the factions.

2) From the field. do reports infrom of iconic landmarks from around the world

2) Battle front interviews and reports at nano scale. maybe from Atlantis?

3) Try to interview the qonqr ai

really a green screen is only good for putting a person into a world or environment. a lot of the other suggestions I have and read here could be done easily without the green screen.

some things you'd need a fairly skilled 2D or 3D animator to assist with interviewing the AI, bots, qonqr characters etc.

So I decided to play with the green screen a bit.

After attempting to edit a image taken from the video I believe I know a few things that will improve your usage of the screen.

lighting lighting lighting. There is obviously a window or lamp to the right side of you while you shot the video. this made the background uneven, and there is no direct light pointed at you so the green screen casts a green glow onto you both.

Ideally you want to have 2 or more directional lights pointed at the green screen evenly, and a good light source pointed at the subject being filmed. this will remove ant weird lighting effects, and shadowing.

If you have a shortage of lighting, try to position the screen so that any light source is in front of the subject. try to have the ight source dead ahead to avoid shadows. Also make sure there is plenty of space between the subject and the green screen. this will reduce the green light that reflects onto the subject.

silferandgadge-2_zps33c1e90c.png

here's a example.

greenscreen-setup_zps94c134c5.jpg

if you don't have several bright lamps you could use just one near the camera. if you don't have any that are brighter than the sun coming though a window. setup everything so the window is behind the camera. this will act like a lamp near the camera.

Mirrors or reflective metal can also be used in place of lamps if you have enough sunlight, and angle them correctly.

From what I saw in the video the majority of your issues with the green screen and why it came out poorly was the lighting.

If you experiment it is good to have a main idea what you guys want with the green screen. Maybe start combining the 'Where in the World is QONQR' idea with the green screen. So each week we see a small video of QONQR developpers analyzing the battlefield of a certain city.