The Official QONQR Community Forums
Gadgerson

What Should Happen to Atlantis Now?

My 2 Cents: For countries that are active (x% zones captured or something like that) a global base is created and all can hit it. I think it would be fun to globally coordinate attacks at some level.

im not sure a week every two weeks is feasible - normal zones would end up stale IMO... i realise i made a pretty big typo in my first piece, i said every month have a new zone and leave it open for a month :blink:

i love the idea of themed zones, north pole at xmas is a great example, maybe tricky to find other examples however, but the idea is top notch. the boost to winning faction i don't know about, if faceless keep winning it will be pretty unfair, i like the idea of just giving out some t shirts/cups/stickers etc

Well, just an idea so far. If what happened with Atlantis happened again, then it could be shortened to 3 days possibly. Also the possibility of the winning team having an ever so slight disadvantage for the next location at least at the start. But the boost would be something like 5% recharge rate to faction scopes. Or a 7.5% boost to defensive formations. The boost would be a benefit only those who deployed at least 15k bots to the target location. But keeping the target location open for targeting a shorter amount of time wouldn't allow normal zones to end up stale.

Well, just an idea so far. If what happened with Atlantis happened again, then it could be shortened to 3 days possibly. Also the possibility of the winning team having an ever so slight disadvantage for the next location at least at the start. But the boost would be something like 5% recharge rate to faction scopes. Or a 7.5% boost to defensive formations. The boost would be a benefit only those who deployed at least 15k bots to the target location. But keeping the target location open for targeting a shorter amount of time wouldn't allow normal zones to end up stale.

yeah i agree with that, the shorter the zone stays open the less greater numbers matter so i think maybe just 24 hours like the last one would be good

i like the part in bold ALOT. and i think it shoudl be cumulative too if possible, so if faceless win they have a 5% shield drain next time, then if they win again a 10%, then again a 20% etc etc - we dont want the same team winning everytime [even if facelss are the best, and they are!]

I like the idea of expanding its zones and resting it monthly. Maybe allow them to count as harvest-able zones t add a perk to taking and controlling them.

so for example as faceless own atlantis each faceless player can harvest from 22 bases? i like that idea, it is small but it is a reward.

Jab    5

The problem I see with the zone is that it can be controlled through sheer numbers of players. Every time I deployed in the first hour of atlantis, there were always twice as many faceless as legion or swarm. Therefore I think each bot deployment into a zone should be adjusted by some factor that evens the playing field for each faction. Therefore if the world player distribution in each faction was 33.3% then no modification to bot deployment. But if say 50% of all players in the world are faceless and 25% in swarm and legion, then each faceless deployment would automatically be reduced by 50%, or something o that effect.

The problem I see with the zone is that it can be controlled through sheer numbers of players. Every time I deployed in the first hour of atlantis, there were always twice as many faceless as legion or swarm. Therefore I think each bot deployment into a zone should be adjusted by some factor that evens the playing field for each faction. Therefore if the world player distribution in each faction was 33.3% then no modification to bot deployment. But if say 50% of all players in the world are faceless and 25% in swarm and legion, then each faceless deployment would automatically be reduced by 50%, or something o that effect.

not bad, i think that could work ok, but alot of things to think about there, if for example player retention was different per faction you might have a very different % split between players and active players. i think the idea jadem & I came up with about cumulative penalties for the previous winning faction combats this more accurately perhaps?

Make idea for Atlantis zone on each month to can be reached global to freeze off current selected Faceless players. Then switch.

i don't understand this at all, come again?

I think that it's pretty cool. people who only care about kills, can always ping each other & let those more interested in the local geopolitical struggle have the "nah go poke atlantis man" card. Maybe give a bonus to attacking it if your current zone is under friendly control.

Me & my sister recently got our mom to start playing & her biggest problem is the fact that her area is pretty remote, atlantis is a cool little target for her once we explained it to her.

Should probably sync lock everyone currently participating in the Atlantis hit.

Seems to be about on par with the level of decision making the dev team is currently making.

Sshhh, the adults are talking :rolleyes:

It would be great if some dood on a forum calling me a child would get rid of my mortgage, child support and taxes (I would really like to keep my job though, if that's cool with you, but somehow, I don't think that's how life works.

It would be great if some dood on a forum calling me a child would get rid of my mortgage, child support and taxes (I would really like to keep my job though, if that's cool with you, but somehow, I don't think that's how life works.

Sure, I'll pay your mortgage off, pay monthly child support and all your taxes and you can keep your job, just post your name, address and telephone number below and I swear I'll sort it out B)

Please don't read this as snotty, but why should Faceless be penalized next time, because we took the zone? We had a lot of people who worked and are still working hard to keep it. We shouldn't be penalized for the number of dedicated people we have. We are lucky that we're such a tight nit group nation wide...the next zone that pops up could belong to any faction who trys hard to get it. Knocking defenses or whatever else off of the last "winners" doesn't really sit well with me, just my opinion.

Please don't read this as snotty, but why should Faceless be penalized next time, because we took the zone? We had a lot of people who worked and are still working hard to keep it. We shouldn't be penalized for the number of dedicated people we have. We are lucky that we're such a tight nit group nation wide...the next zone that pops up could belong to any faction who trys hard to get it. Knocking defenses or whatever else off of the last "winners" doesn't really sit well with me, just my opinion.

just IMO obviously [and im hardly biast as a fellow faceless] yes it was good team work,but playing devils advocate faceless have the larger representation worldwide so there is a good chance than no matter how well coordinated any faction is the biggest team may well win everytime.

IF this is the case then faceless or not, it would get boring, very boring, if we win all the time..

so IF this does ever happen again, be it atlantis or somewhere else, then [since it doesn't matter really who wins anyway does it?] why not try and keep it interesting by letting other factions win from time to time?

eg faceless win this time. maybe it is a one off, next time it starts afresh. if faceless win again they get a 1% penalty. if they win again it becomes 2%. again 4% etc until a different faction wins it. say legion. next time legion get a 1% enalty. etc etc

this is just to make a simple example - i still think the better idea is http://community.qon...now/#entry35646

edit: just discovered you can like your own posts, off to like everything i've ever written :)

I understand your point about the same side winning every time eventually getting boring, but at the same time, why give it your all if you know it will count against you the next time? Wouldn't it be a "better win" if it was done on your own teams merits and not because you had a little bit of an edge?