The Official QONQR Community Forums
Gadgerson

What Should Happen to Atlantis Now?

This is an old topic, but I'll add something in it just to keep conversation going.

I have not participated in Atlantis until this month (November 2014) and here is my first impression.

From what I can think of it seems it's almost impossible to know which of the zones are for Elite players and which are for others. They don't have any names that I could identify them with. If I would be Elite player I don't even know how I would know if I launch to one. Now I do get prompted every time that "This Zone Is for Elite Players Only" which is a pretty annouing message to get several times a day.

My solution to this would be that perhaps add some kind of indicator to the zone to let people know it's for Elites. Perhaps a golden frame or a star or something. Perhaps rename the zone to something different and let all the Elite zones have same name (in a similar way as there is now Melee and Grunt zones). I don't have any suggestions for a name (Elite?).

So my biggest complain is that when launghing to a zone you cannot possible know if it's for Elite players or not until you actually launch there. And I think it's pretty annoying as you then have to go to the menu selection again to select a new zone (which also might or might not be Elite zone). If there is another way to know the Elite zones, then I'd like to know it. In my first month I was not able to figure out the Elite zones (until I launched into one).

Triangle? There is no triangle in the Atlantis that I have played; It's a list of zones. And I haven't figured out if there is an order in them.

Here is a pic of what I see on my screen.

EDIT:

Sorry .. for some reason it doesn't allow me to upload this pic with better quality.

post-13624-0-69087100-1416329395.jpg

I'll have to try that out the next month. But to make it clear: In order to find out what zones are Elites I have to access the map and that is the only way to find out?

(For some reason I still think it'd be so much easier just to mark those zones for everyone.)

That sounds super helpful.

So all I have to do is just to go see the zones in time and then write those zone names down and then keep the list with me when launching?

(Also - Am I really the first one to think there'd be a simpler solution for this?)

i feel like once a player quits participating in atlantis, they never return.

it's almost like a bad relationship, you don't even stay casual friends that meet up once in a while, it's stone cold "i'll never see you again".

let's change things up once in a while. add king of the hill zones worldwide that if you manage to hold onto by the end of the month you get a special title or some fun unique things that both rural and city players will both want to partake in.

Coming back to reiterate after my hiatus:

18 zones plus Atlantis Prime is too many. I am personally not interested in trying to defend my 9 factional zones, plus AP, plus attacking/stacking on another faction's zone that has been taken over.

Condense the numbers of zones to three a piece and keep AP in the middle as the King-of-the-Hill spot.

Overall I don't have any major complaints about Atlantis and the way it is ran.

I have been a part of 2 of the trial runs and am looking forward to the real launch this time around.

My only real issue is that I think there are too many cooresponding zones. 18 plus the actual Atlantis Prime zone is a bit over the top in my opinion.

But because I don't want to whine without offering a suggestion - here's my idea:

Keep the bottom three zone ideas (Grunt, Melee, Clover) but instead of having the additional three to name the top 3 participants for each faction, just mash them all together.

Name the top three for each faction but keep the Grunt, Melee and Clover uniqueness to each of the zones. I think by now those who have participated know which zone is which by what order they are placed in - to this way we can limit the number of places to battle for (increased activity in each zone) but we get to keep the cool twist that each one brings.

This would cut the active zones in half (down to 9 for our math wizs) plus Atlantis, which would make the battle a little more intense I think.

Just my 2 cents ^_^

Quoted again for effect.

Also on the note of eliminating unnecessary zones: Do we really need an 'Elite only' base?

I understand the merit of naming the top zones after the players who deployed the most in the previous Atlantis battle (everyone deserves a good ego stroke every now and then) but I feel making the top zone for players who have paid enough to be Elite is kind of, well... elitist.

For one it's discriminatory for those who aren't willing to/can't spend the money to earn the Elite badge.

Secondly, I don't think it really adds any incentive to become Elite because those who aren't allowed in the zone can just simply deploy elsewhere.

I will definitely vote for having only one Elite zone. Also I vote for labeling the zone as Elite. Either naming it "Elite" or having some kind of symbol in the name to indicate it being Elite. The system I played last month was very confusing. I cannot think of how it will go if the zones rename themselves after every month. That sounds really silly.

Scrap the Grunt zones imo.

Instead of creating a stage for new players to experience Atlantis (which is awesome in concept) it has become a pseudo-competition to see which faction can create the most new accounts on their devices. I realize that all factions are guilty of this, but at some point there needs to be a stop put to it - especially when this could decide the winner and losers of Atlantis as it nearly has the past several months.

On a more positive note, I think the tee shirt contest idea was a great one and would love to see more things like that in the future. I liked that it was targeted specifically for non-cube zones so that the playing field was even across the board.

I didn't personally partake in it, but when I looked at the Atlantis zones after the stacking phase I was blown away with how high some of the zones were towered! (Swarm in particular were impressive)

It's great to see that sort of coordination and effort even if it came with a little incentive.

Elite zones are easy to remember. Melee, Grunt, Clover are not elite. Everything else is.

Only issue with less zones+less cubing could be: More stacking on less zones makes for a very boring grind trying to reduce 24m-ish (Swarm stacked one zone to 12m this time with 6 zones to stack - kudos to them!- half the zones means roughly twice as many bots to chew through). Maybe, say, first two days of battle, cubes are allowed, last 4 they are not. Or something. I definitely get tired of the 6-day cube-rage ego that some people tend to get LOL.

Elite zones are easy to remember. Melee, Grunt, Clover are not elite. Everything else is.

I have to try this next month (for some reason I have not noticed this). To me it seems that there are only very few elite zones. And I remember launching to a zones that was not melee, grunt or cover. It shouldn't be possibile if they are elite zones.