The Official QONQR Community Forums
Gadgerson

What Should Happen to Atlantis Now?

Sorry i posted in another thread;

Love the idea of locking the Atlantean zone till next year. The faceless earned that zone through brute force, but there is no way this zone will change hands before may 1st no matter how many coordinated attacks legion and swarm can come up with, the defending team will come out on top. My idea would be to have this disqrd virus attack the zone once its locked but to only target the support bots in Atlantis and next time Atlantis opens there should a restriction on the type of bots being deployed.

Another idea is to have a new zone to coordinate with popular holidays i.e; north pole at christmas etc.

I think you should reset the zone every month or so, and put an area on the homepage saying who controls it at that particular time.

Also try moving it around each time, and place a limit on the type of bots. They have 300k strengtheners which is a bit overkill.

i love the idea of leaving a zone that everyone in the world has access to, but if you are plannig on leaving it can you send out a wire message that contains the zone id so we can click "go to zone" since ios can't pin it? that way we can save the message and have an easy go to button. haha it is very far away to keep finding by zooming out to world map.

great event!

i gonna give it some thought but off the top of my head - it must have been very profitavble so is a no brainer to keep going.

has to be rest otherwise it will never be competitive again. leave it for a month then sink it.

every month bring back a new one, don't tell anyone where it is going to be, leave it to be found. possibly a clue but maybe not, just a mystery. first player to find and capture it wins and last player to capture/zone lead it wins. perhaps one month isn't long enough to find a mystery zone, say it stays for one month from the first deployment [ie from when it is first found]. see how that works and go from there. can always make it easy, give clues or easier clues if it is taking forever for people to find them.

possibly even have them as moving targets, not sure how possible that is? battle ships in the ocean/sky. have them tie in with the comics., the faction winner has some determining on the outcome of developments [tricky to mange this if faceless continue winning due to bigger numbers, again see how it goes]

need sleep, will think more.

An idea for zone events. Every 2 weeks or month a zone in the world is created/cleared of bots. Then there is a boost announced for the faction that holds the zone the longest or has it by the end of the week get that boost for the next week. Then when the week long boost is over the next zone is ready to take. But maybe have a theme for why the zone is targeted. Such as the North Pole around Christmas. Even the AI days to incentivize playing.

i gonna give it some thought but off the top of my head - it must have been very profitavble so is a no brainer to keep going.

has to be rest otherwise it will never be competitive again. leave it for a month then sink it.

every month bring back a new one, don't tell anyone where it is going to be, leave it to be found. possibly a clue but maybe not, just a mystery. first player to find and capture it wins and last player to capture/zone lead it wins. perhaps one month isn't long enough to find a mystery zone, say it stays for one month from the first deployment [ie from when it is first found]. see how that works and go from there. can always make it easy, give clues or easier clues if it is taking forever for people to find them.

possibly even have them as moving targets, not sure how possible that is? battle ships in the ocean/sky. have them tie in with the comics., the faction winner has some determining on the outcome of developments [tricky to mange this if faceless continue winning due to bigger numbers, again see how it goes]

need sleep, will think more.

Atlantis is actually the same island from the TV show "Lost" :)

Resetting the zone every month would get kind of tired some after a few months and it stinks to see all the hard work put to waste. Completely getting rid of Atlantis seems unpopular and I agree with not doing that as well. Atlantis will be best left alone.

Resetting the zone every month would get kind of tired some after a few months and it stinks to see all the hard work put to waste. Completely getting rid of Atlantis seems unpopular and I agree with not doing that as well. Atlantis will be best left alone.

Heh well most knew the fate of Atlantis so it was to be expected that it wasn't going to be a normal static zone.

Building on Tru's idea what about something like this.

- The island appears for several days a month.

- It is invisible to the Public API (and CC) until it is found.

- When it is found the clock starts ticking.

- The faction that controls it when the clock hits zero gets a boost to their bases which produce say double credits for one full cycle (or more) or some other temporary bonus (but nothing too drastic or for too long).

- Due to the mystical powers of the island, Hardeners and Support bots do not work.

- Each time the island appears, a random bonus is given to all or the controlling factions bots on the island. This bonus could be good or bad for example all bot shields increase by 20%, controlling faction get 10% damage bonus, controlling faction deployment reduced by 10%, and so on.

Building on Tru's idea what about something like this.

- The island appears for several days a month.

- It is invisible to the Public API (and CC) until it is found.

- When it is found the clock starts ticking.

- The faction that controls it when the clock hits zero gets a boost to their bases which produce say double credits for one full cycle (or more) or some other temporary bonus (but nothing too drastic or for too long).

- Due to the mystical powers of the island, Hardeners and Support bots do not work.

- Each time the island appears, a random bonus is given to all or the controlling factions bots on the island. This bonus could be good or bad for example all bot shields increase by 20%, controlling faction get 10% damage bonus, controlling faction deployment reduced by 10%, and so on.

i like alot of that.

- sounds good

-definitly should be invisible to everything until manually found - not sure if this would be possible however.

- i did consider suggesting a boost for the faction winners but as you say it would have to be fairly small or just for fun type reward as it would be unfair if faceless kept winning it [not being arrogant, just realistic as we have the greatest number of players worldwide]

- ideally no supports but an integral part of qonqr income would be reduced here, by preventing support from use you're gonna stop some people from buying cubes for ordinance so not sure if it is agreat idea - i want qonqr to have our money!

-i would actually consider flipping the part in bold - whichever faction is controlling should be disadvantaged, to increase the competitive aspect, otherwise the big get bigger and noone bothers to attack much, as happened in teh end with atlantis. if the controlling faction loses 10-20-30% shields [whatever works best, nothign stupid] then it encourages people to keep hitting it, even just for the bot kills, so it keeps it active and exciting.

An idea for zone events. Every 2 weeks or month a zone in the world is created/cleared of bots. Then there is a boost announced for the faction that holds the zone the longest or has it by the end of the week get that boost for the next week. Then when the week long boost is over the next zone is ready to take. But maybe have a theme for why the zone is targeted. Such as the North Pole around Christmas. Even the AI days to incentivize playing.

im not sure a week every two weeks is feasible - normal zones would end up stale IMO... i realise i made a pretty big typo in my first piece, i said every month have a new zone and leave it open for a month :blink:

i love the idea of themed zones, north pole at xmas is a great example, maybe tricky to find other examples however, but the idea is top notch. the boost to winning faction i don't know about, if faceless keep winning it will be pretty unfair, i like the idea of just giving out some t shirts/cups/stickers etc

not to beat a dead horse but as long as wp can pin and ios can't, retention on zones in the middle of nowhere will get old fast when it takes one group of users over a minute to find/load the zone and the other can bounce back to it instantly... can you imagine a month long war?

a wire message would fix this but if it was hide and seek pinning would be far superior.

** Possibly great idea alert**

to add on to the idea of some way of making it more competitive and even a way to tie it into the story line how about this;

Somewhere in the world the AI takes over a research lab or somethign similar, starts churning out [tech or just info, whichever]. The three factions find out about this and it is a race against time to get there and secure the [tech/data] for their respective leader. However when they get there teh AI is out of control, whichever faction is controlling the zone not only has to defend against the other 2 but also an internal attack from qonqr [disQrd - allows the devs to road test this new idea without infecting the whole world, and allows us to see it in action and get used to it, if it works it can be unleashed, also provides balance to the zone and creates interest].

win win win - again it provides a safe environment for devs to test out somehing new, it provides a black hole for qredits & cubes, it provides fun and exciting the features for the players and it provides a way to give out free t shirts!

perhaps whichever faction wins it, including qonqr this time, affects the storyline - even in an unimportant sense, comic book/news item with green screen. even some more zany amateur drama with silver and his mighty beard.

not to beat a dead horse but as long as wp can pin and ios can't, retention on zones in the middle of nowhere will get old fast when it takes one group of users over a minute to find/load the zone and the other can bounce back to it instantly... can you imagine a month long war?

a wire message would fix this but if it was hide and seek pinning would be far superior.

im actually pro it being unpinnable if this is possible, for everyone.

You and your innuendos ;)

Yeah pinning on iOS or some way to disable pinning of special zones would be good.

** Possibly great idea alert**

Great minds and all that… I missed this from my other post, yeah some sort of internal random attack or a zone wide bot decay.

Also, first person to put a base on Atlantis wins a special prize :D

You and your innuendos ;)

Yeah pinning on iOS or some way to disable pinning of special zones would be good.

Great minds and all that… I missed this from my other post, yeah some sort of internal random attack or a zone wide bot decay.

Also, first person to put a base on Atlantis wins a special prize :D

but of course you did ;)

Building on the above "atlantis" is a top secret research base - Real life wear deves try out new things so lore reflects reality (I like that sort of thing)

It is able to self destruct and rebuild itself in a new location - hence the reset and possibly move

The amount of time before a reset and move is random depending on when a research module activates - It resets when the devs want / need to test something.

Building on the above "atlantis" is a top secret research base - Real life wear deves try out new things so lore reflects reality (I like that sort of thing)

It is able to self destruct and rebuild itself in a new location - hence the reset and possibly move

The amount of time before a reset and move is random depending on when a research module activates - It resets when the devs want / need to test something.

my original though was it would be an airship or boat, like my one

Avengers-Ship.jpg

In seriousness, I like many of the ideas presented forth so far and hope to see new World battle zones in the future:

- North Pole

- Bermuda Triangle (maybe even could be a 3 zone battle)

- Fountain of Youth

- Camelot

- Jurassic Park

etc

In seriousness, I like many of the ideas presented forth so far and hope to see new World battle zones in the future:

- North Pole

- Bermuda Triangle (maybe even could be a 3 zone battle)

- Fountain of Youth

- Camelot

- Jurassic Park

etc

in latin jehovah starts with an i