The Official QONQR Community Forums
Silver

New Feature - Sync Lock

Ok, so here is the Cliff’s Notes™ version of the blog post about what is happening with SyncLock.

• Multi-scoping is no longer against the Terms of Service (YAY).
  • You will be able to use a tool in the portal to “Sync” players who always play together and force them into MAX OVERHEAT for 24 hours if they don’t play individually at least 20% of the time (for same time launches).
  • The tool only looks at the two player’s activity for the past 24 hours so if they have taken a break from playing together or don’t have enough adjacent launches, the Sync Packet will be destroyed (cannot be used again).
  • A “Sync Packet” will be given to you for free once a day, but you can use the same packet over and over to infect as many people as you guess correctly are playing together.
  • When you guess wrong you can wait till the next day to get another free packet or pay 5000 credits to get one right away.
  • When you guess correctly but the players are already infected (or inoculated) you get your packet back and time is added on to whatever time the infected players already had.
  • You can purchase anti-virus scope software from the depot that inoculates you for either 24 hours or 30 days for cubes.
  • If you have previously been banned for multi-scoping you can email support and we will unban you (unless there were other reason’s you were banned).

So to recap:

• You can multi-scope all you want and will never be banned for it and you can choose to infect your enemies who play with friends, family and with multiple devices of their own to level the playing field.
  • If you are one of those friends, family or players formerly known as multi-scopers, we hope you will see that strategy is now working for and against you so you just need to play smarter or you can choose to inoculate yourself.
  • To read the FULL version please go to http://blog.qonqr.co...f-multi-scoping

I understand the point of the new feature is to free up Gadge's time to help develop new features, something that the QONQR community wants drastically. But something just doesn't sit well with the idea that someone can be protected from this new system if they pay qubes every thirty days.

wow I can think of so many ways that is bad.

It will completely destroy any team effort unless you all buy the anti-virus? and in a two way team battle both sides are going to just do it to each other. I hope your adding some really heave firepower to offset the massive defensive benefits this gives.

I mean if your after a large tower and attacking in waves with 50 players, and the other side hits you with this your sol. even if you do it back to them they can still drop abs and completely lock down there tower??

So any players who play in a team will have to buy this anti virus every single day just to avoid being forced into oh for 24 hours?

Not to mention this completely destroys any security behind planning ops unless your a very small tight group. and I dont just meen in the forums. your 3rd party chats all just got cracked wide open.

This does not sound at all like it will be used to level the playing field at all.

Sounds really really bad imo.

I forgot to mention on the blog post, you can bookmark the URL for the portal Sync Lock so that you can just run through your list of players to attempt to sync very quickly.

Because I'm lazy and that was all way too much info for my little brain to take in I have a few questions, apologies in advance if it has already been covered:

1) If you get infected, will you be notified that you are Sync Locked?

2) Can you see who sent the Sync Lock thingy?

Players that play as a team now also need to play when they are apart. It will take some time to adapt, but people will figure out how to make Sync Lock a non-issue by changing their play behavior.

Yeah thats great. do you know how much work it took to get deployments between players in sync?

the only advantage players had over heavy cube users was the ability to attack in waves which allowed the damage to outpace spamed absorbers with refresh.

this puts complete board control in favor of heavy cube use.

Silver I'm not just randomly ranting here. this is BAD! I get that you needed a way to deal with the multi issue, but giving players a new defensive weapon is not the way to do it.

your 1 to 10 paying to free ration just went 1 to 0

you can not currently attack a cuber at staggered intervals and win. at least if they know what they are doing

Plus if you all aren't sitting in the same exact room together you'll be fine the only people this is bad for is people who multiscope. And people who have a family of 6 who all play from the same house and launch at the same time. If you aren't one of those people. It doesn't effect you.

Plus if you all aren't sitting in the same exact room together you'll be fine the only people this is bad for is people who multiscope. And people who have a family of 6 who all play from the same house and launch at the same time. If you aren't one of those people. It doesn't effect you.

is it actually ip / location driven? it sounded more like it was just a matter of attacks landing in a zone within a certain amount of time, which happens a lot during big ops, especially the ones that run for days.

Because I'm lazy and that was all way too much info for my little brain to take in I have a few questions, apologies in advance if it has already been covered:

1) If you get infected, will you be notified that you are Sync Locked?

2) Can you see who sent the Sync Lock thingy?

3) Can I send kryptonym (or anyone on the planet) the virus thingy?

is it actually ip / location driven? it sounded more like it was just a matter of attacks landing in a zone within a certain amount of time, which happens a lot during big ops, especially the ones that run for days.

This will only affect you if you and another player are withing 2 KM (which seems pretty far IMO) of each other physically, you're fine.

Makes playing for families rather pointless, since my kids for example have internet access only at home.

We were playing together most of the time and i can't see the sense of a team punishment in a team based game.

We have spent some money on the game lately. This will stop as of today.

Nah man its based on the location of the launches. Like 2km apart is considered close or somethin. Its in the full blog post. So as long as you guys are apart from each other. you can still nuke zones :)

thats good I guess.

So if your are multiscopeing be sure to leave one device on 4g and the other on wifi, and individual people who actually play/live together are at risk???

I also still stand by all the other bad aspects to this besides it messing up our synced attacks.