The Official QONQR Community Forums
Silver

New Feature - Sync Lock

Not to mention this completely destroys any security behind planning ops unless your a very small tight group. and I dont just meen in the forums. your 3rd party chats all just got cracked wide open.

i get your concerns entirely, but i dont understand this bit at all, am i being dense?

Not sure how this really does anything to stop multiscopers.... all they would have to do is wait 30 sec before launching from their second/third/fourth/fiftieth scope, and they would circumvent something that is apparently **** off a lot of legit, paying customers.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something....

Its about distance between scopes and launch patterns. If you sit at home with the missus' scope happily deploying both accounts you will probably get sync lock. If you need your wife to help and you msg her because your at work and your wife is at work too you will not likely get sync lock because your locations are too far apart, even if your deployments meet the criteria.

You can buy protection from sync lock if want.

This sounds workable,probably one of the best new things to happen.

i get your concerns entirely, but i dont understand this bit at all, am i being dense?

Basically since its now legal to multiscope, it wont be long before its common practice for a large portion of the players to have multiple accounts on multiple factions.there is no way for us to identify these players so any attempt of having a faction private group will become null.

Story time...

This new player Johnny Noloyalties got recruited into our group chat. But we after many months found out he plays an account for all factions and has been sharing information with the groups he joined under his other aliases. When confronted he fails to see the harm in what he was doing since its allowed in the game. And half a dozen other players in our group chat agree with him and also do the same.

As it is, up here security over op details etc is almost impossible to maintain, this just makes it so theirs no real ground for us to stand on when we kick some one out of our group for sharing information. and as it becomes more common for players to do this, any group that is secure will become smaller and smaller or never grow. since the game works best if you work together I think this is a issue. it will make faction loyalty obsolete for most new players, and many existing ones.

Its about distance between scopes and launch patterns. If you sit at home with the missus' scope happily deploying both accounts you will probably get sync lock. If you need your wife to help and you msg her because your at work and your wife is at work too you will not likely get sync lock because your locations are too far apart, even if your deployments meet the criteria.

You can buy protection from sync lock if want.

This sounds workable,probably one of the best new things to happen.

only can be bought with cubes as far as I can see.???

Basically since its now legal to multiscope, it wont be long before its common practice for a large portion of the players to have multiple accounts on multiple factions.there is no way for us to identify these players so any attempt of having a faction private group will become null.

Story time...

This new player Johnny Noloyalties got recruited into our group chat. But we after many months found out he plays an account for all factions and has been sharing information with the groups he joined under his other aliases. When confronted he fails to see the harm in what he was doing since its allowed in the game. And half a dozen other players in our group chat agree with him and also do the same.

As it is, up here security over op details etc is almost impossible to maintain, this just makes it so theirs no real ground for us to stand on when we kick some one out of our group for sharing information. and as it becomes more common for players to do this, any group that is secure will become smaller and smaller or never grow. since the game works best if you work together I think this is a issue. it will make faction loyalty obsolete for most new players, and many existing ones.

right im with you now. although really this would have been possible before as nobody is going to report somone multiscoping if they are playing rival factions are they? and if they would consider that and are aware of it they wouldnt possibly trust them to join a comms chat room?

is it actually ip / location driven? it sounded more like it was just a matter of attacks landing in a zone within a certain amount of time, which happens a lot during big ops, especially the ones that run for days.

From what I understand it's location based, it is NOT based on which zone you attack. So unless you guys all meet up for pizza and deployments you should be fine... It just prevents multiscopers from deploying from their multiple devices or however they do it... Provided you hit them with the virus.

It seems like a good implement, scary at first but I think it'll be good. Time will tell :)

From what I understand it's location based, it is NOT based on which zone you attack. So unless you guys all meet up for pizza and deployments you should be fine... It just prevents multiscopers from deploying from their multiple devices or however they do it... Provided you hit them with the virus.

It seems like a good implement, scary at first but I think it'll be good. Time will tell :)

if you all meet up you can do one of two things - time your deployments so they are 30 seconds apart [makes it pretty easy for MS'ers to avoid too unfortunatly]or if a large group of you have gone to the effort to meet up then half a $ each for the cube isnt so great a price to pay IMO

I understand why this was done, but now it just encourages more people to multiscope. I don't sit easy with the idea that my rivals can just duplicate their scopes, while we have to manage this sync lock. Even then, if they spend a little, they can easily get around it by buying this inoculation, I don't feel this will solve the issue.

You can see just here that people are already considering multiscoping, as if the cubers weren't enough to deal with..

This is a stupid move on your part. There are many families who play this game and you are killing that. You are not making the game better you are creating a better route for the money to go from scope to your pocket. Didn't you guys make enough off of Atlantis? Greed. That's all it is. Your killing your own game for money. And I dont even play with anyone near me but this will ruin a bunch of my family team members. Greeeeeed

This is a stupid move on your part. There are many families who play this game and you are killing that. You are not making the game better you are creating a better route for the money to go from scope to your pocket. Didn't you guys make enough off of Atlantis? Greed. That's all it is. Your killing your own game for money. And I dont even play with anyone near me but this will ruin a bunch of my family team members. Greeeeeed

i dont see it that way, yes it is a flawed system but we live in a flawed society where people will cheat - there was to be no easy solution.

i think it was foolish to decree multi scoping as legit and to reinstate ex cheaters back. but i think this was done out of frustration about the amount of wild accustations, abuse and complaints that have been coming in a steady stream.

i hope this is a good solution i really do, i see massive faults with it, but i commend the devs for doing something proactive and making a tought decision that IMO will cost them alot more than it earns them

I think it will hurt family teams the most. I plan on getting my siblings on it when android comes out, but now I need to buy protection whenever I go back home, which will be a massive nuisance.

Sounds a bit like what Microsoft did with their initial xbox one launch. "well if you want this, you can always spend more cash to get it, and if you don't want to spend, its not our problem"

To clarify, Microsoft said if you couldn't afford or didn't want to pay that much for an xbox one, they have an alternative, the xbox 360.

It only effects you if you share > 80% launches from the same location. If you launch at school/work you'll probably be fine... If you're family is all retired, oh vacation, etc it can be a pain. IF someone infects you... So honestly not that bad barring multiscoping is now "safe"

Talking about shooting yourself in the foot QONQR, i know for a fact you'll see loads of people leave around the LONDON area. We have a CUBER who's spoiling the game already and now you've gave him more ammunition just so you can get rich quick!.

A VERY SAD DAY FOR QONQR AND A GREAT DAY FOR DA!!

Game Over!!

Talking about shooting yourself in the foot QONQR, i know for a fact you'll see loads of people leave around the LONDON area. We have a CUBER who's spoiling the game already and now you've gave him more ammunition just so you can get rich quick!.

A VERY SAD DAY FOR QONQR AND A GREAT DAY FOR DA!!

Game Over!!

Nice name but I think I can guess who you are :D

So....good or bad....brilliant or nonsensical....here's how it just FEELS to me initially.

I found a game I really enjoy, so I got my husband to start playing. Then, I got my son to start playing, who, in turn, got two of his cousins to start playing.

So, on the weekends, when we are all home, we have to seriously time any launches we do, or someone that might suspect multiscoping can infect us and we get punished (unless we pay?!). But known multiscopers are welcomed back.

I don't think it's unreasonable to feel a little disenchanted with the game.

EDIT 04/03/2014

I'm not one for big flouncy departures, but I did want the satisfaction of letting it be known that I did leave.

This just didn't sit right with me. After discussing it with my family, we all decided to leave.

Thank you Qonqr for a fun year.