The Official QONQR Community Forums
Silver

New Feature - Sync Lock

Little that I like to admit it, but I agree with tankin and cjrank. The only way faceless in ct are able to stay afloat is syncing our attacks, which my wife, son and I do frequently...setting a timer and sync attacking. That way one can clear seekers and allow the other two of us to send in a full scope of shockwave. This update makes it so that the same timer can work if we offset each of our attack schedules by 10 minutes..however, it also means that one legion can hold out against all three of us by deploying a seeker every ten minutes...I am sad to say it, but if this update stands, my qonqring days are over.

I like the overall concept - but glad it wasn't around earlier - we had fun around Europe playing whenever we could get wifi (i.e. lunch, hotel) we would have got creamed under this rule even though no multi was in play, because we all had limited windows to play the game so ran the scope dry as soon as we could..... At least once you understand the rules it is clear for everyone - yes cubers can still buy their way out of it but at least we all now know the rules.

Well best we can do other than groaning about it here is for everybody who disagrees to re rate the app in your app store to 1star

i would recommend before doing this you actually just give it a few days, keep playing the game, see if suddenly it becomes unplayable for you - i bet 90% of people won't ever be effected by this, other than getting to throw a few packet things around

I pretty much only play with friends and family. This has literally killed the game for me, not that its that exciting anymore anyway... But still. Needs to be removed asap

has it though? has it actually? have you been sync locked? have you found it utterly impossibly to wait 30 seconds after your family member has deployed before deploying yourself? that is all it takes, to wait 30 seconds.

This will not affect me personally at all but in my local area 2 family's of 3 are active in the same house. THIS NEW RULE IS BULL SHIP. Leave what's well enough alone. I am currently going threw a divorce once I was divorced I was gonna drop a good $500 on this game but no way NO WAY EVER NOW

I'm about to rage-quit this game. I just started playing with my boyfriend, who I work and live with. We're not through training yet (I'm only at level 45), so we can't sync lock anyone, but we've been sync locked, of course. I guess the both of us can't play together because someone will think we're cheating. So stupid.

in that case it is cumbersome for multiscopers too then, it can't be easy and hard at the same time...

Well, yes it can. Take the time to think about it. I don't have time to explain every little detail.

I believe the developers have done a wonderful job with this change. Like all change, some folks will find it more difficult than others. Sync Lock will have a major impact on the way Qonqr is played. It will change strategies and will increase competition. I believe the main reason this change was made is being over looked by many: the previous system of multiscope detection and enforcement was flawed.

There was no clear cut way for Support to absolutely verify who was acting within the rules. They used launch patterns and timings to estimate a likelyhood of multiscoping. Then depending on those findings would ban players if the likelyhood were high. However, players could simply protest the ban by emailing support an explanation. I would imagine the most likely explanation for the launch patterns were family or coworkers, and a good amount of these were legitimate. At that point Support would be forced to make a judgement call; keep the ban on potentially legitimate players, or lift the ban and assume the protests were honest.

I particulary took issue with the old system as I've never met an honest cheater. My suggestion to Support was to either legalize multiscoping or make the game strictly pay-to-play. They went above and beyond, and did both.

Under the new rules free-play players and casual gamers can still enjoy the game and be part of the community. More competitive players, who choose to use multiple scopes, can do so within the rules; however, they may be forced into pay-to-play by their competition. Not only does Sync Lock fix the previous flawed system, it also creates additional revenue to allow the game to grow. I believe this change benefits all players as we're no longer subject to a faulty system. I feel far more comfortable making cube purchases knowing that there is now a system in place that doesn't rely on human judgement.

I'm also particularly happy that this was implemented before Android went live. A simple browsing of craigslist or ebay and you'll find old used Android devices for very cheap. Multiscoping is already happening and will only increase once Android is released.

The description only gives us an idea of how the new system might affect us. Thankfully the development team detailed it thouroughly in the blog. That alone is reassurance showing they are not simply trying to increase cube revenue, but actually trying to make the game better for everyone. I believe in time, and practice, the new system will prove its worth. I for one appreciate the hard work. Thank you.

I believe the developers have done a wonderful job with this change. Like all change, some folks will find it more difficult than others. Sync Lock will have a major impact on the way Qonqr is played. It will change strategies and will increase competition. I believe the main reason this change was made is being over looked by many: the previous system of multiscope detection and enforcement was flawed.

There was no clear cut way for Support to absolutely verify who was acting within the rules. They used launch patterns and timings to estimate a likelyhood of multiscoping. Then depending on those findings would ban players if the likelyhood were high. However, players could simply protest the ban by emailing support an explanation. I would imagine the most likely explanation for the launch patterns were family or coworkers, and a good amount of these were legitimate. At that point Support would be forced to make a judgement call; keep the ban on potentially legitimate players, or lift the ban and assume the protests were honest.

I particulary took issue with the old system as I've never met an honest cheater. My suggestion to Support was to either legalize multiscoping or make the game strictly pay-to-play. They went above and beyond, and did both.

Under the new rules free-play players and casual gamers can still enjoy the game and be part of the community. More competitive players, who choose to use multiple scopes, can do so within the rules; however, they may be forced into pay-to-play by their competition. Not only does Sync Lock fix the previous flawed system, it also creates additional revenue to allow the game to grow. I believe this change benefits all players as we're no longer subject to a faulty system. I feel far more comfortable making cube purchases knowing that there is now a system in place that doesn't rely on human judgement.

I'm also particularly happy that this was implemented before Android went live. A simple browsing of craigslist or ebay and you'll find old used Android devices for very cheap. Multiscoping is already happening and will only increase once Android is released.

The description only gives us an idea of how the new system might affect us. Thankfully the development team detailed it thouroughly in the blog. That alone is reassurance showing they are not simply trying to increase cube revenue, but actually trying to make the game better for everyone. I believe in time, and practice, the new system will prove its worth. I for one appreciate the hard work. Thank you.

The update doesn't stop multiscoping at all. It really doesn't. All it does is lock your scope if you neighbor also happens to play the game and deploy to close to you. Also, not all competitive players are multiscopers. In fact, most aren't.

I think you are hugely outnumbered with your opinions. So far I have seen a lot of people, that we know aren't multi-scopers get badly impacted by this. What's worse is that the only way to stop this is to spend money.

By the way, we were testing this out earlier, so we know innocent people get caught in it. These are people who support have already confirmed don't multiscope after we requested they check..

Actually once realized this will result in less cubes being bought. Now cubers can spend money on multi devices and only have to pay for antidotes. It will take them some time to level their new scopes but once leveled they would be able to deploy far more for far less than they do refreshing with cubes.

I trust that silver has put a lot of thought behind this update. But I know the legion in the area, and that this will put the final nail in the coffin for holding any zones in my area of CT.