The Official QONQR Community Forums
Silver

Sync Lock Day 3

SYNC LOCK! SYNC LOCK!

Absolutly love levelling the playing/battle field. As far as I'm concerned, I am teaching a cheat a lesson.

I bet not too many have been affected locally near me. I haven't seen a single UK player complaining about being caught multiscoping, I mean playing with family. lol

Honestly they are not multiscoping. We have had a few players sync locked now. All family players too.

My dilemma is I dont play with the same frequency I use to. I play mostly at home now. If I have to inoculate myself do to being synced I would naturally feel the need to play more. To get more out of my money. If I dont want to play more then the only other option would be to play even less or quit. This thing makes you feel like your all in or all out. And its not like I play for free. I've spent my share of money on this game. Just sucks and I think day 3 rules are gonna hurt us even more than day 2

My dilemma is I dont play with the same frequency I use to. I play mostly at home now. If I have to inoculate myself do to being synced I would naturally feel the need to play more. To get more out of my money. If I dont want to play more then the only other option would be to play even less or quit. This thing makes you feel like your all in or all out. And its not like I play for free. I've spent my share of money on this game. Just sucks and I think day 3 rules are gonna hurt us even more than day 2

Agreed. The new rules definitely hurt playing at home with family members more than the old ones. If you have someone that plays exclusively from home on an iPad in your family you will be locked again and again.

With that said if this makes the 5% that pay to play this game happy and continue to spend money then it's mission accomplished for the developers.

There are around 5000 people playing Qonqr, 5% paying players mean only 250 players world wide spend money. I'd be willing to bet we'd find out there are a lot more than 250 paying players if we took a poll. My opinion, that 5% number is bologna that the devs made up to make it sound like they have no choice but to continue to skew the game to favor heavy spenders.

The reality is they make a lot of short sighted business decisions for the sole purpose of making as much as possible while they can. It's a "strike while the irons hot" strategy, no longevity. Again, just my educated opinion

Why not set up a phone number / email verification system?

Silver said that its Apple not letting him use phone numbers as a way to register/track things. So it's not a developer thing but another company that is unfortunately making things harder for Silver.

I don't mind the sync lock, as a rule, for stopping multi-scopers, yet I hope the best fixes that will come, will hopefully be for the families that play together. The sudden implementation was really the biggest reason I heard most people complaining. The second biggest was that they haven't been able to play for days.

If we of the qonqr community can elect leaders who can talk to and reason with (as far as reasoning can go online anyway) the hardcases with grievances or the jerks that rally the ilk to them, this game can really take off. So as much as it hurts to tell a fellow teammate that they are taking it way to far or to not support them on their ops, it will help in the long run not to encourage bad behavior within one own faction. I have heard great ideas on a council being formed. Not a council of action but one of words. A council that will help clear some lies and let the level headed member of all the factions talk and be able to spread the truth to those that will listen.

Curious..will this new bucket system still factor in the time of launch? Lets say player A and B attend to the same school and live in the same dorm..but their schedules are opposite one another. They deploy from the same two buckets, school and dorm, constantly but mostly at different times. Will this new system recognize that the deployments, while in the same bucket, happened at different times to avoid the possibility of Sync Lock?

Yeah, and we have seen so many "educated" opinions of late.

This is not the vast money making scheme that you suggest. The original blog posts puts the cost of his every month at $3.67. If we use your statistics for 5% of players, The money made from this every month would only be equal to around $918. This is only around $30 every day. Even if double this amount of players paid for it, it is only $60

I would hardly call $30 a way to make a lot of money quickly. In the UK you can earn the equivalent in 3 hours on the minimum wage.

If everyone bought the one day inoculation, it would only a little higher at $45 a day.

The $3.67 is assuming that you purchased 550 cubes for $100 if I remember correctly. It's a tool to get people to say "typically I wouldn't spend, but I'll need to buy the anti virus. Spending $100 is the best value, I'll do it this one time."

Don't tell me how much it is per month, tell me how many non or low end spenders are digging deeper than they would have now. The result of this is non paying players developing spending tendencies. You've look at the surface and stated how little they make on just the anti virus, now try looking at the whole picture

I can guarantee if I had family with qonqr on their devices I would be tempted t pick up their phone and use it. This is why I don't care about family groups who complain about the new Synclock feature. I would also expect to get Synclocked.

Do this many families really sit at home all day playing Qonqr? Can't be healthy.

so far VA has had 5 couples that i've personally talked to nailed by this update and all are honest players and most have bought some amount of cubes.. and we're just one little state...

i tried to be optimistic about the lock, but meh, i'm over it.

none of the couples i talked to want to innoculate because 1 cube seems like a waste of a dollar and 500 cubes for the "best" price feels like your rewarding the devs for enabling people to punish couples.

so it's either cheat or step back from the game and ask if this is really the type of community you want to support with your time and money.

i chose the latter, i will re-evaluate my decision to continue playing or not come next update to sync lock, and i'm sure the cheating multiscopers will choose the first option since they've been map hacking anyways.

glad I wasted time and money getting to be a Sergeant Major only to be sync locked repeatedly.......

Another feature change could be a confirmation button if the infection query comes back successful rather than it automatically applying the lock. There might be times when you just want to see if sync lock is possible and would rather open comms with them first.

I can guarantee if I had family with qonqr on their devices I would be tempted t pick up their phone and use it. This is why I don't care about family groups who complain about the new Synclock feature. I would also expect to get Synclocked.

Do this many families really sit at home all day playing Qonqr? Can't be healthy.

Really!? Just because you wouldn't be able to resist cheating it doesn't mean that everyone else plays that way.

Technically its not cheating anymore. If I wanted to it would now be possible to set up as many accounts as possible. Given the amount of devices available that would be a lot of accounts. I don't because its 'just not cricket'.

And its probably a right pain getting Synclocked.

I see the deployments, I see when its just one person with two scopes. Synclock is just a counter that works. There are ways around it that only involve time and distance instead of money.

Please no England cricket team jokes.

if a multiscoper gets sync locked he puts down his tablet and plays on his main account via his phone...

if a couple gets sync locked they treat the game like a bad restaurant experience and never want to go back.

maybe you could slightly reduce the sync lock timer based on the user's rank since ya know, Sergeant Major took a freakin' year to achieve.

i'm not a fan of people being able to stack your timer past 24 hours. i haven't even had the game on my phone for over a day and Belle says we're still sync locked.