The Official QONQR Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
treeslayer

sitting at home not deploying because i know it will get me sync locked this weekend

So I got off work early. Came home, kids are at a school function and im bored. Kitty is still working so with nothing to do I want to qonqr. But, im not. Why? Because I know every deployment I make at home will get me closer and closer to sync lock this weekend. I deployed while working today but I know it's nowhere near enough to cover what I can deploy at home. See, I dont have a inside job. I work outdoors and my phone doesn't get picked up much. When Im home i use to love to qonqr. Kids come home. "How was your day?" first couple hrs making dinner, talking about our day. Settling down. If there are no plans we usually start watching tv. Gryll and i in the living room. Cas and kitty usually hangout listening to music and i hear them laughing and joking. Inevitably, the phone comes out and i deploy here and there. Not to much. We will plan a new tower. Might add to it. Usually gryll and kitty get ahead of me. Sometimes i patrol zones and clear out those pesky swarm.I'll ask cas if she's harvested. Usually not but she does when i bring it up. I might ask her to stack a zone with me and she does. Sometimes I'll be on command center and say this zones getting attacked. Somebody clears. Or wbn needs some missiles. Ace needs a lil help. Always been fun. Op nights comes and it use to get us excited. BUT not anymore. Now it's did you deploy at school? School is less than 2k from home so it wouldn't help anyway. Hey were you busy at work? Did you deploy much? So I sit here wondering. Play or dont play? Or maybe its just time to delete this game and groupme. When something stops being fun and feels like a choir its probably time to move on. If that's what we decide to do we got 6000 missiles im gonna put on somebody just to say goodbye. Sharing over.

Given that you are a fellow legion, I'd like to say that I'm sympathetic, but if your wife & kids are deploying when away from the house themselves it shouldn't be a problem. The problem of *cough* "It's really my family" being roped into acting as your second/third/Nth scope is too significant to be allowed. Here in my region, a father/child duo where one is simply a second scope because the kid basically quit playing months ago managed to severely unbalance his region with the help of a *cough husband & wife that likewise acts as one player. The four combined pretty much forced everyone in range of them to quit/convert. I can't imagine the damage a four scope multiscoper would cause.

Your real problem isn't that your family plays qonqr, it's that you play it & your family joins in if you prod them.

Im not crying or whining. And my family does play. You can cough cough all you want but a lot of people know my wife and I on here. And unless I got one **** of a multiple personality disorder the system is locking honest players. Since I dont know either of yall and know you've heard a bunch of bs Im not offended by your cough cough ideas. But if you think everyone who is getting locked is a multiscoper, your fooling yourself. Like i said i was just sharing how the fun of the game is getting lost for me. A multiscoper will pay for inoculation and play on. I pay to play anyway. Devs can tell you that but because i dont cheat it makes me mad that im getting punished because of those that do. We could get inoculated i just dont feel we should have to. Thanks for your input.

Im not crying or whining. And my family does play. You can cough cough all you want but a lot of people know my wife and I on here. And unless I got one **** of a multiple personality disorder the system is locking honest players. Since I dont know either of yall and know you've heard a bunch of bs Im not offended by your cough cough ideas. But if you think everyone who is getting locked is a multiscoper, your fooling yourself. Like i said i was just sharing how the fun of the game is getting lost for me. A multiscoper will pay for inoculation and play on. I pay to play anyway. Devs can tell you that but because i dont cheat it makes me mad that im getting punished because of those that do. We could get inoculated i just dont feel we should have to. Thanks for your input.

Is everyone hit by synclock multiscoping? no not likely, but you can't deny that a lot of the people being hit by it are not exactly playing likemultiple people

• We will simplify the formula for determining a sync lock between two players by dividing all launches (locations where you are sitting at time of launch) into buckets that are 2Km by 2Km grids on the map. We will count all the buckets that have Player A alone, Player B alone, and both players together. If over 50% of either player’s launches are in the shared bucket, a sync lock can be established. There is no longer the ability for you to closely coordinate launches while separated for a short amount of time to prove individuality. While the old math worked very well for us to find multi-scopers in our support tools, the guidance for how to avoid being locked was too complicated. Just make sure half your launches are away from each other and you will be fine.
  • We will look back at your last 1000 launches for this new 50% rule, but will go back no more than 4 days. Going back up to 4 days will limit the impact of the weekends or working from home one day a week
  • Players will now get a message (and we will fix the current message bug) that says they are locked and which faction locked them.
  • All players will be able to see a list of players they have locked who are still locked. In addition to this list, you would have the ability to “recall” the virus, to unlock the two players you previously locked.
  • Sync Lock will only be effective as long as both scopes continue deploying in the same location. (More about this below.

doing >1000 deployments in 4 days requires >12 hours of max deployment rate/day or cubing, it's pretty much always going to be 4 days as a result. If more than half of your deployments are within 2km of another player, you kind of are basically multiscoping.

We are going to add the ability for those who do want to play in the nature of good sportsmanship, the ability to do so. Now players will know another local player has locked them and which faction they play for. They can reach out to a friendly contact in that faction and say, “One of your players locked my son and me today. You know us, and you know we don’t multi-scope. Could you ask around, see if you can find who locked us, and see if you can help us get unlocked?” Knowing the GroupMe groups like I do, I suspect it will be common to find the players involved. Over time, perhaps players will slowly become more civil towards each other, now that there is a reason to have some friendly cross-faction relationships

What if that isn’t possible? What if players still refuse to be civil? Let’s say you are playing with a bunch of jerks who lock you and your son every chance they get, or perhaps your family are the jerks and that is why you get locked. Now what do you do? We are planning to make it so Sync Lock only has an effect while you are in the same zone as the person you are locked to. Leave the zone and your scopes are too far apart to be able to share overheat. So if you get synced with family, you will be able to deploy from work normally, but will by synced again when you return home, if your infection hasn’t expired

see what kinda politics you need to pull to get someone off your back. Maybe it's some kinda nonagression thing with someone, maybe it's playing like individuals with individual goals & concerns as opposed to a four headed conjoined twin, maybe it's loosening an iron grip on a geographic area. ask around.

Also keep in mind, down here, we have a couple asking if we would quit locking them when everyone knows they are a husband/wife... except, nobody knows who is doing it & suspects it to be one of the other two factions

doing >1000 deployments in 4 days requires >12 hours of max deployment rate/day or cubing, it's pretty much always going to be 4 days as a result. If more than half of your deployments are within 2km of another player, you kind of are basically multiscoping.

No your not kinda basically multiscoping unless 1person is using both scopes. If I play at home 70% of the time. Which I probably do. And my wife plays 15% of her time at home. We get sync locked. Thats not multiscoping!

Tree, I'm not trying to be a jerk, I think you need to just delete Qonqr buddy. It's not like there's nothing else to do, find something else to fill your time. If you're this angry about it but you pay for the anti virus anyway you are validating what they did. The best thing you can do is walk away and encourage others to do the same, that's the only way to send a message to the devs.

I see a these people upset about sync lock but buying the antivirus anyway. If you dislike it, don't support it

And on top of that if I inoculate myself because I play at home most of the time she can still get sync locked even if she plays 85% at work. Thats total bs.

if 85% of her deployments are from work as you say, assuming that's >2km from home, she won't with the new check formula Silver announced in progress on the blog this morning. Likewise, that would fix you up too because then your last 1000 deployments won't be >50% the same.

We will count all the buckets that have Player A alone, Player B alone, and both players together. If over 50% of either player’s launches are in the shared bucket, a sync lock can be established

The bucket that a and b that share is our home. If EITHER player has over 50%. Thats me @ 70% Then Sync can be established. = she and I get locked

We will count all the buckets that have Player A alone, Player B alone, and both players together. If over 50% of either player’s launches are in the shared bucket, a sync lock can be established

The bucket that a and b that share is our home. If EITHER player has over 50%. Thats me @ 70% Then Sync can be established. = she and I get locked

spend a cheeseburger & fries each for the antivirus or:

We are going to add the ability for those who do want to play in the nature of good sportsmanship, the ability to do so. Now players will know another local player has locked them and which faction they play for. They can reach out to a friendly contact in that faction and say, “One of your players locked my son and me today. You know us, and you know we don’t multi-scope. Could you ask around, see if you can find who locked us, and see if you can help us get unlocked?” Knowing the GroupMe groups like I do, I suspect it will be common to find the players involved. Over time, perhaps players will slowly become more civil towards each other, now that there is a reason to have some friendly cross-faction relationships

What if that isn’t possible? What if players still refuse to be civil? Let’s say you are playing with a bunch of jerks who lock you and your son every chance they get, or perhaps your family are the jerks and that is why you get locked.

And if only 5% are payers and im already a 5%. I think it's a bit rude to ask me to pay more when im not doing anything wrong. Like I said in my original post quiting may be where I go but since sync lock seems to change daily I'll see what the next change does before I make my choices.

And if only 5% are payers and im already a 5%. I think it's a bit rude to ask me to pay more when im not doing anything wrong. Like I said in my original post quiting may be where I go but since sync lock seems to change daily I'll see what the next change does before I make my choices.

as am I and most ofmy regional allies affected by the folks I mentioned earlier. I'm sure the forum has a generally higher than average % of folks who fall into that 5%

i'm in the same boat tree. after day 1 and 2 of being sync locked to belle i deleted qonqr off my phone.

i did it so that she can play since when i'm at work sometimes I go 12 hours without touching my phone. i play at home so i do all my playing in the morning before work while we do breakfast and then at home when cooking dinner or at the local gym.

now it's day 4 and she is still sync locked to me despite me not even having the app on my phone. this rule is a complete joke. she is the one who likes qonqr the most in our group and last night we were out with friends and they even noticed I wasn't on my phone. it really is eye opening to see how much i've missed the last year while staring at qonqr.

belle felt bad and wanted to buy me some cubes b/c she says it isn't fun if i don't play, and i said "i only buy $100 cube packs and like **** i'm rewarding them for this".

so there ya go, me being spiteful about getting sync locked is gonna make me bitter about qonqr and my friends that still play will probably switch to another game that i can actually join them in casually.

last year i had like 100 recruits ranging from level 1-25, this year i've had i think 6? guess how many people i'm gonna recruit because of sync lock? oh what's that? zero? yep.

Maybe you've found a bug. If you have not deployed for a day (24 hrs) then the synclock for both parties involved should be done and impossible to re sync.

Sync lock or Sin clock?

Maybe you've found a bug. If you have not deployed for a day (24 hrs) then the synclock for both parties involved should be done and impossible to re sync.

Sync lock or Sin clock?

nah the sync locked was stacked or "extended" so i'm letting it wear off. says 3 hours left. =/

last year i had like 100 recruits ranging from level 1-25, this year i've had i think 6? guess how many people i'm gonna recruit because of sync lock? oh what's that? zero? yep.

1 happy customer will tell roughly 3 potential new customers about it.

1 disgruntled customer will tell 10-30 potential new customer about it.

These are factual marketing numbers coming from several CRM studies.

To all these people who state that it should'nt be a problem launching 50 % from home and 50 % from work - if you care about gaming and even spend money on it AND launch a significant number of times from work you will soon launch 100 % from home because you will soon no longer have that job.

I have noticed this weekend that I am deploying more but my wife is deploying less. I enjoy fighting and play more when im under attack. It triggers my aggressive nature but kitty plays more because she has made friends and enjoys the community aspect of the game. At least this is what I think.

Sync lock has disenchanted her and kinda triggered my aggression. I see the devs more as a enemy trying to beat me and am fighting back. But this is not as fun as fighting a game enemy and am tiring off the added attention I have to put on when did she last launch. So that we avoid the dreaded gtd's. Sarcasm coming.

Have you contracted a gtd? Do you find it embarrassing or awkward? Do you look at your mate with disgust? Knowing they probably gave it to you or even worse how do you tell your wife you got a gtd from a coworker or (cough) friend. Have gtd's ruined your life? Well now for the low low price of 20 bucks a month you can be inoculated from them. Thats right! You can sync with anyone you like and avoid the dreaded gtd. No more embarrassment no more explaining to your significant other or being called a (cough cough) evil multiscoper.