The Official QONQR Community Forums
earit

A Letter of Resignation

Dear Qonqr,

I'm retiring. I thought you should know that as much as I've enjoyed the drama of location based cyber warfare, there is nothing left for me to play. When I began as legion, I fought hard against Cruroar until I realized that joining the growing Swarm in Lancaster was a better bet and he was very nice in recruiting me. My time in Swarm was lame, I didn't enjoy playing for Monk's army and joined the Knights of Qonqr, a factionless cell that created waves in all three factions for a little bit. My fallout with Swarm over the KoQ nonsense was what led me into the welcoming arms of PA Faceless. PAF were wonderful to play with and still are. They are respectful and welcoming, but tactful and reign with an iron fist. We organized on the east coast and I became close to a lot of people I'd have never met otherwise. ECF was the only reason I kept playing since about February. Players like Paniqs, Jaffey, Kirra, Lluuf and countless others made East Coast Faceless as powerful socially as it is in force. I met up with friends from Qonqr on many occasions, helped people professionally, even gave cubes as a baby shower gift once.

All through this time, I was known to stir things up, make a little drama from time to time. I named a few rivals, made a few enemies and worked to keep things fresh, politically and in battle. My best friend (Akie) offered me his account when he decided to quit. I never thought multiscoping was a risk worth taking though, so I didn't use it for combat. I switched him to Swarm and used his name to gain access to their chats on Line Messenger. I never got deep into any chats, but after posting weeks worth if chat logs here on the forum, I shook things up and brought some drama into things. In real live I am not dramatic, but here, on the internet, it is fun to make things up as you go. I kept poking the flames and flirted with the idea of having someone I know as a cheater use an unlocked device to spoof Akies location and auto-launch in and around DC so I could get deeper into the swarm Intel feeds. I'm not actually sure what ended up happening to this plan, I failed to follow up after giving the password over.

During that time, I noticed I was trashing my reputation and any respect I had garnered along the way. I backed out of Line chats and forgot about Akie. The people in this game are why I play and to lose some of their respect... It kind of hit home. About the same time I decided to stop defacing my character and reputation, Qonqr decided to start defacing the game. First a cheater checker, then a multiscope reporting tool, and finally Sync Lock. It has become clear that rather than add new content, the developers are focusing on discontinuing abuse of current content.

I'm actually not gonna hop on that bandwagon though, there are plenty people there already, and everyone knows where I stand on the content issue. My decision to retire came from a discussion I had with a few players I really respect. I wanted their approval to report the individual I mentioned earlier who runs several accounts of various and spoofs their locations. Cheaters like this have ruined the game for everyone and I wanted to set a standard of not letting it fly even when it is your own team. However, this wasn't looked on favorably. I think the idea of me pointing the devs to our own team mate was not well received. People are angry at how the game is becoming and were willing to turn a blind eye to the players destroying it, Several people I spoke to, not just one or two. Anyway, with honorable players leaving and cheaters controlling the tables, I feel my time has come. I will follow the advice of my fellow team mates, and I won't blast the individual I was eluding to. Instead, I will bow out now with what little dignity I have maintained. I am active in Throne Wars and players with groupme can still get ahold of me through that. Ill miss many of you, but I can't stand to see the game I loved betrayed by so many parties. I'll forever be ECF, even if I am not Qonqring. Thank you to everyone who made the last year (almost) such an interesting ride.

MSGT Earit, PAF

Pleasure to have served with you my friend. We will miss your enthusiasm. I'm going to stick around a little bit longer to see what will become of this game I have invested so heavily in. Now that we have some legion challengers in my area, things have at least gotten more interesting.

This makes four players that I know of who have quit (or refused to come back, in my case) because of this one specific feature; I wonder how many have joined because of it?

Its been an honor serving with you Earit. If it wasn't for you I would have never found the social aspect of qonqr. Seriously man, I would still have been a small part of a organization I had no idea about without you. Thanks for your years of service and I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

~Death_Stroke

Ok but..I mean good luck and everything, its just..really?

Hey..if you feel your time in is done that's your business and best of luck in your future game playing endeavors. That said..if your leaving because of no new content..seems a bit premature. Atlantis alone should prove there are things in the works that'll liven things up.

As it comes to the devs attempting to protect players from the scumbags who seem determined to fork up the game by (now technically NOT) cheating..good on them. If they just focused on new content there wouldn't be anyone left to play it.

Oh yeah..dignity. If you think admitting on the forum that you know a person who's multi-scoping AND location spoofing and have decided not turn that person in to appease others who are fine with it lets you leave with any dignity..maybe look up the definition of dignity..you got it wrong..way wrong.

Hey now, don't judge. Earit was one of ECF's finest. There were a multiple reasons as to his resignation, these are only some of the "concrete" ones. QONQR should take note of his resignation; losing an operative who once was so devoted financially and physically...

Earit has done a lot for the Faceless's system of organization, reached out to rival factions and made friends with enemies, sent more than enough missiles for his team and asked for none in return.

We had even discussed and he had volunteered to organize a road trip to an area where there was an enormous enemy tower.....

If there were a hall of fame, Earit would be right up front and center. Though I did not agree with him all the time, his motives were true-- he was always looking to expand Faceless influence over the world.

As I said earlier, we will miss you.

Massune, I'm not leaving for any one reason. I'm leaving because I don't care to watch another game I love become lost over a handful of poor decisions made by players, developers and even myself. I've put a lot of skin in the game since last May. I've put more than my commission check from last month into funding this game. I've done everything in my power to make the game grow. I agree that Aylantis was an exciting glimpse into what may be to come, but for now, everything is as it was when I started. Portal is awesome, but the game hasn't changed for the better, strategy remains the same, missile a zone until it falls. And about your definition of dignity, I never claimed to have don't no wrong, or even harmed the game play myself at some points, but I have a lot to be proud of. And if I could only pick one, it would be the friends I've made on here. You and I never played together, and if you choose to see me as a scoundrel, so be it, but I'm glad I met the people I did through here. At the end of the day, your bots, even your game may be gone, but the people you meet will still be alive and still playing this tough game we call life.

Lluuf, thank you for your kind words, but there were several of us who were as much a part of that organization effort as I was, maybe even more so.

Lluuf..I'm not judging..just pointing out obvious things. I don't want anyone to quit, especially not under some half assed excuses just to turn around and claim a dignified departure by acknowledging you've chosen to let one of the things that drove you to quitting continue..it's ****.

Earit..again..nothing I've said is a Mass vs. Earit type deal. I don't know your recent accomplishments or past atrocities nor do I know you as saint or scoundrel. I know what you post in front of me..and I disagree with it. Love it or hate it..Sync Lock is gonna (eventually) free up dev time and new stuff will come..Atlantis, I feel, is just the beginning. I'd mentioned it to try and keep an active player on board..you.

When it comes to the dignity stuff..take it how you want. Maybe I just read that wrong..but it read to me that you were leaving, in part, because of the very thing you chose to keep quiet about. Why you would even mention it baffles me, if you know and don't plan on reporting..keep it to yourself. If you feel strongly enough about it, and other stuff, to quit..report it.

I hope you stick around Earit. I hate to see anyone with your game issues leave now..because I believe all the issues you have will get better and soon. Your call..make it and good luck.

Mass, I posted that to hopefully to show my dismay with the attitude my team has adopted. I was hoping there would be a little outrage about me keeping it quiet. I believe it is wrong, and while I maybe can bring one cheater out of hiding, I can't bring them all out. Hopefully this can encourage anyone who knows someone cheating or multiscoping and say something themselves. I'm not the only one who knows that individual is cheating. One thing the developers can't change is the community. That had to change its self.

Mass, I posted that to hopefully to show my dismay with the attitude my team has adopted. I was hoping there would be a little outrage about me keeping it quiet. I believe it is wrong, and while I maybe can bring one cheater out of hiding, I can't bring them all out. Hopefully this can encourage anyone who knows someone cheating or multiscoping and say something themselves. I'm not the only one who knows that individual is cheating. One thing the developers can't change is the community. That had to change its self.

Except multiscoping isn't cheating anymore, is it? It's just something you pay a cube a day for if you're so inclined. Location spoofing is probably frowned upon too, but they devs haven't figured out how to location lock yet. Although I would think if your scope suddenly ports from one point to another 50 miles away in seconds, that would be a pretty clear indication. Then we could have them pay a cube a day to inoculate from that "cheat" too.

Lots of sarcasm here... just because I hate to see good, active players feel they need to quit. I'm right on the edge of the cliff with you. The game for me went from boring (not enough good players), to frustrating (pay to win), and with sync lock it's now downright insulting (playing with friends & family? LOCKED).

It's day to day for me. Still finding fun with a few great players, but they're dropping like flies while the others are propagating.

I'd invite you into my Throne Wars faction, but it's called NotFaceless... :)

Regards! It sounds to me like you crave in game drama. I don't mind it myself as long as it's not in my Legion Faction. As to cheaters (Multiscope and Location spoofers) Report them, or exclude them from your factions until they decide to play clean. If I knew of anyone in Legion multiscoping or spoofing I would do the same.This is precisely the type of issues that is bogging down the development of this game.

I want to see new developments but at the same time I've been playing for a year at the end of May and since I started The Portal, Command Center and Qommnd.com have all been added. I liked the game more prior to QOMMND but it has made searching 100x easier.

Either way I believe you'll be back. Until then Regards!

BTW Rocco look up the Legion Alliance in the Jotun server on Throne Wars. That is where a group of us reside.

It's widely known that earit left swarm to go to faceless. What is not widely known is that he wrote a song and with every great song there is usually a film clip. I have found that film clip. May I present to you "earit-goodbye"

Just bumping up this thread for fun