The Official QONQR Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Crackerman

Efficient Cubing Strategy

Has anyone figured out the best formula for maximizing the value of the cubes used in a good cube rage incident (assuming a typical zone heavy with deflection)?

I'm planning to buy a zone in the next couple days, and normally just blast a bunch of plasma and energy refreshes, but then I leave 40 energy on the table for each refresh. The plasma is easy because I don't have to worry about bots, but I'm thinking using missiles might be a better use of the cubes, just slower since you have weapons, bots, and energy to manage.

Plasma is definitely the most cost efficient for cube raging. One cube can get you 8 shots (4 refreshes) or 12 shots if you are patient, where as one cube gets you 2 missiles and you have to energy refresh every 8th missile. Missiles do a little less than 1.5X plasma damage.

Plasma is annoying because you always have that leftover 40 energy, but if you do a plasma spam while you have a lot of bots, you could pace it so that you use a seeker or shockwave once in a while (or absorber if the zone is free of assault bots)