The Official QONQR Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MudintheWater

Sync Lock Is a Failure

I'm sync locked with my roommate, as well as other accounts enemies made to mess with us. Does anyone honestly think we made an account called DrSexesKrawl? Get out of here. I was brought back to the game by the release of Atlantis and then boom, sync lock. Thanks.

I'm sync locked with my roommate, as well as other accounts enemies made to mess with us. Does anyone honestly think we made an account called DrSexesKrawl? Get out of here. I was brought back to the game by the release of Atlantis and then boom, sync lock. Thanks.

A perfect example of one of the many ways synclock can be abused and exploited.

How can someone create an account and synclock you to it? They would have to know where you live, your deployments. You could do some sleuthing, I reckon, and find the culprit.

Just sync locked you this morning to NickYammu. Not that it did anything since you just kept multi-scoping and cubing away on both accounts.

@grem, yeah we had a good laugh about that. We're related, and I was hanging out with him all weekend. Good news is that as soon as you start launching apart from each other sync lock doesn't do anything (see the blog post about how it works) so I just went home and we kept on attacking. Cubing though? No.

While I was (obviously) trolling when I created this thread, that family members who play apart and together can get synclocked on weekend visits is something I consider a major failing of synclock. You could have also reported us for multiscoping on the old report system during a weekend visit, but Gadgerson would have told you we are separate people because Gadgerson can see that I'm usually about 15 miles away from Nick. The Synclock system doesn't have that knowledge since it's only based on a day of history.

Sure is fun to synclock people though, isn't it? I got Vellyvel and Screamingbabeh33 several times when Synclock was first revealed. I don't believe they are actually multiscoping though, (maybe related, but they don't act the same) so I haven't tried recently.

ETA: Attached proof.

post-5824-0-68421300-1397441311_thumb.pn

Hmm.. I didn't read the last three blog posts on Sync lock, only the first two. So I assumed you were still sync locked which would have meant you were cubing since there is no way you could do that many deployments on a single scope.

I sync locked you as soon as you deployed HL to Chatsworth since I knew you don't live that close to me. My first guess was that you were out of town and gave Nick your credentials. :)

It was fun to sync lock you, but I think they should have left it where you stayed sync locked for the fulll 24 hours, otherwise what is the point. Now it seems pretty worthless.

It was fun to sync lock you, but I think they should have left it where you stayed sync locked for the fulll 24 hours, otherwise what is the point. Now it seems pretty worthless.

Well if I go back to where Nick is it will resync us again. (I think) So we're still infected, but it's smart enough to know that we aren't together so we can't be multiscoping.