The Official QONQR Community Forums
dings90

New Legion color

If I do come across as whiny Legion because I'm taking a beating, my apologies. That is truly not my intent. I'm having another tower dismantled right now by faceless, and I'm totally cool with it. Well, not totally cool, as my tower is coming down and now I've got to figure out where to move that base to, but I'm sure you all understand... My issue with my initial posts was really targeted towards a total of eleven accounts owned by two players. (I've recently been given knowledge of four other accounts belonging to the AwSheeet character.) Two accounts that I named are actually a husband and wife duo and not actually a multiscoper. My apologies to you Ghostface and to your wife. Anywho... The tower of mine that is falling today, it's being taken down by a five on one offensive and though I'm fighting back hard, the numbers state I will slowly lose this battle. And that's FINE. It's being taken by five individual players targeting it, and I've had talks with all of those players separately at one time or another. I have no issue with that. My issue was on this weekend when a tower was lost to blatant pay to play tactics with obvious multiscoping. I get that multiscoping and cash infusions are legal ways to play. It's just not a way that I play.

I love this game, I really do. I also am an avid boardgamer. Some games I can dominate, some games I can't figure out the right strategy to win. Some games I'm "this close" every time, but just can't figure out how to manage that final victory point before someone else beats me to it. But in board games, (good board games that actually involve strategy, more so than luck, so sorry Chutes and Ladders, you don't count...) whether you win or lose comes down in large part to your strategy. Sometimes the dice don't go your way, and occasionally they go ice cold all night on you. But generally a sound strategy keeps you in the game, keeps things close, and makes the game fun for everyone. Right now, based on the numbers, I really feel like that element is missing in Chicago.

As I said, I have no issue losing my tower today. I'm losing it to five perfectly good players. And I'm on an equal footing with those five and can effectively duel with any of them. But when one person can bring four (or seven) accounts to bear and has no issue pouring masses of money to each of those, well, that's no longer fun. To make a chess analogy, it's like saying let's play chess, and by the way, I brought my gun. It doesn't matter how well I play, I'm going to lose that game every time.

Well said Kozlov... you might have better luck staying away from the zones that are mentioned in the comics. It is our predetermined destiny to take them, I wish it was different, the stress that places on Ghost and Sheeet's 18 friends is horrible.

I feel like the in game attitude is indicative of the types of players this game seems to attract.. the super passionate.

I've managed to play, inclusively, with all 3 factions in Illinois and had a chance to get to know most of the active players today..most of which are posting on this thread. I've been a gamer pretty much since I can remember and have NEVER come across a more passionate bunch.

What a person says and how another person interprets that statement sometimes seems more influenced by passion than common sense..which leads to aggression..which leads to retaliation..which leads to more statements. A vicious cycle for sure..but one this game thrives on.

Granted..you will run across the random clown that everyone knows is a tool. Those people and the situations are when you see how people truly are. While I've seen the cutthroat chatter in these rooms..Ive also seen the true nature of people.

I'll admit..there's a clown or two in Illinois..but it's nothing this state hasn't seen before. Regardless of how many times I see words like cheater and whiner..everyone is still playing the game and talking on the forums..because deep down..they like who they are talking to. Maybe they don't like them in the traditional sense..but because of the shared sense of passion that goes into this game..they like talking to their own.

I know people have left as well..I think in those cases the game itself leached the passion out of them. I know people blame others players for this..but everyone plays within the confines of the game. Multi-scoping, cubing, tower building or multi-factioning..whatever a person claims their reason for leaving is and regardless of how much its frowned upon..is part of the game. Your either passionate enough to deal with it..or you move on to candy crush.

The bottom line is you all love each other. You need each other to make the game interesting..even if it's not necessarily overly fun for a while. I just wanted to congratulate all the Illinois people for being, far and away, some of the most passionate games ever.

SAN DIMAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RULES!!!

I guess there are good people in all factions, just like there in all MMO type of games. I can tell you first hand when I started I had to contend with blue demon, his multi scopes and a random buddy or 3.

They had no pity on me, nor should they have. Just as now I have no pity or sympathy for legion.

What I don't like is legion who were basically a-holes "bullying" faceless now crying and saying they will flip faceless. I keep hearing at one time faceless ran IL. I have only been playing since last summer, in my area, faceless gave never come close to having the numbers. Feels good to stick it out as Facemob the entire time and now reap the benefits of loyalty and grinding. Make no mistake, I'm still dealing with blue, spyryy and their ilk, but I can sense the fear. They are weak now.......

I guess there are good people in all factions, just like there in all MMO type of games. I can tell you first hand when I started I had to contend with blue demon, his multi scopes and a random buddy or 3.

They had no pity on me, nor should they have. Just as now I have no pity or sympathy for legion.

What I don't like is legion who were basically a-holes "bullying" faceless now crying and saying they will flip faceless. I keep hearing at one time faceless ran IL. I have only been playing since last summer, in my area, faceless gave never come close to having the numbers. Feels good to stick it out as Facemob the entire time and now reap the benefits of loyalty and grinding. Make no mistake, I'm still dealing with blue, spyryy and their ilk, but I can sense the fear. They are weak now.......

This is all news to me... if there's any bullying, please let me know. I know you can't be talking about bluedemon, as I'd be surprised if he ever even spoke with you. And he has no multiscopes, I know that for a fact too. Spyry is his son, and plays just about as often as my son Hershey does - which is only when bribed or threatened. As far as know, the *only* Legion players in Chicago that have been sync locked are myself and Bleu.

And in your area... Faceless are by far the dominant players and always have been. You, marklitwin, shamansunbear, blackcracker & co... yet name one Legion player still playing out there. Jadedlilli & her boyfriend mojonixon? Did they ever really play? You guys should have dominating all along. As far as I can tell, one player - bluedemon - is keeping you at bay. One guy. Who will never switch to Faceless.

I'm always happy to chat if you feel you're being bullied - I'm strongly against any bullying in the game. But I think you need to get your story straight first. You seem confused.

Of course there's a difference between "bullying" vs playing a game with honor and being a good sport. I don't think anyone make an argument that most of Legion in Chicago has played the game in a manner that they should be proud of, but we are sorting that out in the battlefield daily. Blue Demon is actually one of those that I think has been a generally nice person to play against. He plays hard, but doesn't feel the need to destroy them and bury them into the ground like Team Rocco does.

LMAO... bury into the ground? I like to fight and flip zones. The new Faceless like to tower to the sky so the zones will never be flipped. Zone captures for new players will plummet. How on earth is flipping zones "destroying"? To me, that's one of the best ways to play this game. You get kills, you can zone captures, you get to see a battlefield with multiple colors and opportunity abounds... I don't think I've ever destroyed anyone. Unless you just don't like battling for zones... in which case you're playing the wrong type of game and gets back to my "maybe Faceless would prefer Farmville" comments.

I get my style isn't for everyone. Rebelfalcon hates it, for instance. I've learned to respect his perspective, but I still find more enjoyment in seeing small zones and flipping them, rather than build up sky high towers.

Except for Pingree. I *love* building that one!

But I've always left room for players to flip zones. It's wasn't until relatively recently that I even bothered stacking zones above 10k. Mostly because Shamansunbear was flipping like a madman and I needed a breather at times.

But quite honestly, aside from a handful of zones the Chicago area has been an open battlefield while Legion reigned. 95% of the zones, if not more, could be taken with one scope. That's probably still the case when it comes to red zones. That is NOT the case in mabryar neck of the woods. Each and every zone they penetrate is driven up to 1m. Same goes for Awsheeet & co, although now that he's being sync locked every night he's had to slow down.

I strongly feel the game needs zone caps to survive. If all the world's a tower, especially in rural areas, then new players have no game. And without new players, I would guess old players would get bored and quit. Maybe the new bot decay feature coming soon will help... I don't know. I'd prefer to see a 200k zone cap or even smaller. Make it legitimately challenging to figure out the most effective bot mix for a zone when you can't just drop 500k of strengthen in it. Make all zones potential daily takeover targets.

Just my perspective. Wouldn't you like to be able to have the opportunity to take back Pingree every day? ;)

I agree with what you said, but it's not how you act in the game. Someone tries to capture a zone and you and 10 other Legion build it up to 600k in an couple hours, with all the fancy support bots, 100k absorbers, etc. Once Faceless started doing that, Legion went to crying publically on this forum.

Outside of 22 bases, what point is there in building anything?

I would be fine with zone caps, not that low, but I wouldn't have anything to do because every zone within local reach would be capped out. There are less than 30 total zones in my local range.

Zone cap idea is the interesting, but I preference making Strengthener deployments stop working off in the big zones like the LATTICE deployments are doing now. 80k credits can be spent off inside one zone to double 1 million shield points to 2 million shield points. Put into a limit on that so to have needing 8 strengthener per 500k nanobots for a zone as my example for quick math. 10 million bots? Okay, but need to purchase 1600k worth strengthener to double shield to make effective. Today only one real strategic play. Get 8 strengthener in zone and stack to content level. Do so in the next zone. Attacking is such weak as Booster can die very quickly to plasma raging so as to never really counter the benefit gained from strengthener in the same zone. Alternatively, make Strengthener only do 8% boned shields instead of the 12.5% today and make Booster 15% for example. Need more attack strength, or need cost increase to make tower.

10 other Legion? We don't have 10 other Legion. What zones are you talking about? Like I said, you could count the number of large Legion zones on one hand. My only large base is Palatine. The other couple I built up, Pingree and Volo were just defensive in response. And seriously, 3 zones out of 1000 shouldn't be that dramatic an impact. I think caterpillar built up a few. And the city had a few. But certainly not reinforced by 10 players. And certainly not every zone taken. The Faceless model differs greatly from Legion. You guys are towering everything, whether a base or not. Which is all fine and legal, I just point out it's going to get really boring once you're the only team playing. The game thrives through 3 faction battling, at least I thought that was the general thought process.

Zone cap idea is the interesting, but I preference making Strengthener deployments stop working off in the big zones like the LATTICE deployments are doing now. 80k credits can be spent off inside one zone to double 1 million shield points to 2 million shield points. Put into a limit on that so to have needing 8 strengthener per 500k nanobots for a zone as my example for quick math. 10 million bots? Okay, but need to purchase 1600k worth strengthener to double shield to make effective. Today only one real strategic play. Get 8 strengthener in zone and stack to content level. Do so in the next zone. Attacking is such weak as Booster can die very quickly to plasma raging so as to never really counter the benefit gained from strengthener in the same zone. Alternatively, make Strengthener only do 8% boned shields instead of the 12.5% today and make Booster 15% for example. Need more attack strength, or need cost increase to make tower.

That doesn't address pay-to-win, though. When players can drop 500k of strengthen in a 1m bot tower... there's obviously no limit to what they'd be prepared to spend. Zone caps are about the only thing I can think of that addresses pay-to-win.

But to dings point... he'd never be on the bot leaderboard because there aren't enough zones in his area. Maybe we need smaller area leaderboards, rather than just state?

Rocco, you have 5.2 million deployed in Illinois. Even my cat called BS on your post, and she is dumb as a rock.

What 10? Rocco, Bleu, Reef, deCoco, Asscat, Johnny, Hershey, bluedemon, sirchops (pulled that list from one zone alone).

I'd also have to pay to play as everything I would do would have to done with nanos. it's costing me $ now just to try for badges for kills and zone caps. I feel that the devs need to start working on putting more zones into place in some areas. Your zone cap idea would make more people leave the game than multiscoping ever did. every rural player would quit out of boredom.

I'd also have to pay to play as everything I would do would have to done with nanos. it's costing me $ now just to try for badges for kills and zone caps. I feel that the devs need to start working on putting more zones into place in some areas. Your zone cap idea would make more people leave the game than multiscoping ever did. every rural player would quit out of boredom.

I totally agree. Needs to be evened out somehow. I think Atlantis was a step in the right direction, the bigger problem there is parity. So long as one faction outnumbers the others, they should always win. I wouldn't mind seeing an AI come in to provide parity. That would create quite a bit of excitement. :P

Rocco, you have 5.2 million deployed in Illinois. Even my cat called BS on your post, and she is dumb as a rock.

What 10? Rocco, Bleu, Reef, deCoco, Asscat, Johnny, Hershey, bluedemon, sirchops (pulled that list from one zone alone).

Rocco = me (active), Bleu = wife (active), Hershey = son (no longer playing, only used as a multiscope now), decoco = daughter (long since not playing, only used as a multiscope now), bluedemon = cousin (active, lives pretty far away though), reef (plays sporadically), asscat (active), johnny (hardly ever see him), sirchops (active, but only south)

So I count 4 actives nearby me, with a couple others that play occasionally. I also think my 5.2 million are 95% in maybe 4 zones, only one of which is a base. :P

Honestly, the game is actually pretty awesome as is or I wouldn't have kept playing it for almost a year now. I don't claim to know everything that has or hasn't happened in Chicago, but from there have been a lot of "whiny" posts from the Chicago red as of late. I can appreciate some of the things that have been said in this forum topic from both sides of the fence and I can say that you guys seem a bit less whiny to me now! Cheers, and happy tower building!

You can't discount multiscopes as inactive. They are obviously active.

And I put quotes around bullying for a reason. I don't have a problem with blue demon. But I'm calling bs on him not multiscoping.

Back to bullying, I'm referring to when I first started and for months until I came across these forums. It was just me and I couldn't hold my 4 little zones because blue and his other scopes would take them. I don't consider that to be a big deal, but,it's certainly difficult for a new player.

And I put quotes around bullying for a reason. I don't have a problem with blue demon. But I'm calling bs on him not multiscoping.

Back to bullying, I'm referring to when I first started and for months until I came across these forums. It was just me and I couldn't hold my 4 little zones because blue and his other scopes would take them. I don't consider that to be a big deal, but,it's certainly difficult for a new player.

bluedemon does not have multiscopes. end of story. I do agree this game can be difficult for any new player. I certainly don't keep tabs on when new Legion pop up. best case, the new players reach out to established players just by looking at what zones are their color and messaging the leaders. I've always made a point of responding and being encouraging to Legion, Faceless, and Swarm. I've helped out multiple Faceless players, mostly when I was Faceless, but still. I've even made truces, although after getting burned on the last few I'm long past being that naive.

And my multiscopes are pretty much inactive now. My son quit for good after the sync lock decision. He's an extremely active gamer, understands the dynamics of MMO's, and can't believe the stupidity of the decision. He believes (as do I) that it inherently limits the growth of the game, and he moved on to better things to waste his time with. ;)

So back to bullying, other than taking your zones back several times a day, what did Legion do? Did you not get kills? Did you not get zone captures? Did Legion ever prevent you from capturing a zone in anyway, or threaten you? I'm pretty sure you were playing the same game we were... not sure what got your panties in a bunch. You just sound bitter.

DUDE! You've got over 8m kills and over 2k zone captures, in a little over 7 months! How has Legion bullied you? You seem to be thriving... is it just because you wanted your very own tower? Heck, you could have gone just a little bit west and been out of range of any Legion in the state...

You say that if zones were capped that you would have nothing to do and quit out of boredom. So I'm assuming that apart from throwing a few missiles around the place all you are doing is building towers in the few zones you can reach?

Yes Butterball, I mainly stack. At least I have something to do when I'm not assissting others. I also can work on my standing on the leader boards.

Ok, obviously I don't know where you are and how far from the nearest town etc. you are but if there were a possibility that someone say 20km from you started playing, this would be a nice challenge for you? However, if they are surrounded by your towers it's more likely that after getting an understanding of the game mechanics, they'd realise that there is no way they can make much of a dent and just quit.

I guess what we're saying about capping zones so people can't build towers is that it would probably have more positive effects on the game than negative. It would mean a new player might keep playing in less populated areas because they can be competitive. In high populated areas a small team could take a zone down. More skirmishes, more zones changing hands, more bot kills.

The effects of no limitations on zone size only become apparent after a while but I fear many areas (cities etc.) will eventually stagnate because the sheer number of players or cost needed to take a tower down become too great.