The Official QONQR Community Forums
dings90

New Legion color

Ok, obviously I don't know where you are and how far from the nearest town etc. you are but if there were a possibility that someone say 20km from you started playing, this would be a nice challenge for you? However, if they are surrounded by your towers it's more likely that after getting an understanding of the game mechanics, they'd realise that there is no way they can make much of a dent and just quit.

I guess what we're saying about capping zones so people can't build towers is that it would probably have more positive effects on the game than negative. It would mean a new player might keep playing in less populated areas because they can be competitive. In high populated areas a small team could take a zone down. More skirmishes, more zones changing hands, more bot kills.

The effects of no limitations on zone size only become apparent after a while but I fear many areas (cities etc.) will eventually stagnate because the sheer number of players or cost needed to take a tower down become too great.

I understand the reasoning behind the capped zones, I just don't particularly think it is the right answer. I really feel that a new player staying or going would have a lot to do with how he was treated by the veteran player. If I was a straight up bully, probably quit. If I reached out to that player and they were reasonable, we could work something out. Player might stay. Peoria IL is like that right now, 1 player has controlled that area for a long time and now has 2 new players from different factions .

LOL marklitwin can't even count to 10. Nana boo boo now I'm a bully too.

The game is lame and the devs are too slow to update it and bring more interesting features to it. I only play now to help out some of the folks I've met in the game who I like, Rocco, bleu, ac, and bd mainly. Not sure what keeps them going but if I can help with a scope or two I do. I'm not whining about losing control of Chicago, I'm mainly leaving because I'm bored with the game. It is no fun to play against a single person who can deploy nonstop by refreshing with cubes all night either so I won't bother. I'll even admit I've done that a few strategic (maybe epic) times. But just a few. Even that is simply button mashing repetitive lunacy. There's really no point to bragging about how fast you can deploy and refresh and outspend the opponent. I suggest you try a much better game that involves the same team style coordination and a heck of a lot more strategy... Throne Wars.

I understand the reasoning behind the capped zones, I just don't particularly think it is the right answer. I really feel that a new player staying or going would have a lot to do with how he was treated by the veteran player. If I was a straight up bully, probably quit. If I reached out to that player and they were reasonable, we could work something out. Player might stay. Peoria IL is like that right now, 1 player has controlled that area for a long time and now has 2 new players from different factions .

I don't believe Bullying exists in this game except on rare occasions when it crosses the line and moves out of game. Most who say they are being bullied are a) too sensitive b-) outnumbered c) attention seeking d) trolling the enemy.

Anyway, lets just say that a new player pops up in your area and starts hitting one of your towers, so you contact them in-game and they seem reasonable. So this player really only wants that one zone, so you decide even though you have a base on it, that you agree not to defend it and let them have it (kudos there). Now, lets say you've built up that zone to 2mil, fully supported, how long would it take a new player to take it down? If it were me, even without any resistance I'd probably quit from boredom long before knocking even half the tower down.

Lets say that new player has the persistence to actually get the tower down, now they have a zone. What next? They build up that zone to a tower, you still have your other towers. Now, you're both in stalemate, neither of you can effectively attack each other and actually take a zone down. All you can do is keep building up towers which then makes it even harder if another new player comes along.

Thankfully GhostFaceFF took my tower this AM and for credit for the flip. At least it was taken by a legit player. Now said zone is being stacked by MABRYER/Wolfen/Bossk/InfernalMajesty. Probably to a million+ again w/ 100k of absorbers on each account. I just want someone on the faceless side to agree w/ me that this honestly can't be good for the game. I want to respect so many of you, but when you defend someone so blatantly exploiting the system, it's just too difficult.

They are all active in our groupme, I don't have any reason to think it's a multiscope or something harmful to the game. You never saw any faceless come here and whine when Team Rocco went through Illinois like a tornado.

I think you missed his point. If no one liked my plowing through Illinois like a tornado (huh?), then why is it suddenly a good idea (for the game, and for new players) for Faceless to do the same - then on top of it stack zones so high new players have no chance? What would advise new Legion players? Join Faceless? Join the stacking crew? How does this improve the game?

There is absolutely bullying in this game, and around my zone. I get it all the time, but I take it in stride. Most of mine comes from an xbox rager that was previously a legion guy that I completely owned locally, so he flipped to swarm and when I wouldn't give him zones just because he now had more friends in the area than I did, I started facing a 4:1 battle on a daily basis. I've taken on that battle, and managed to push further into their zones. I've also taken a lot of heat from some other big name swarms but most of that is just from love and war on both sides which is perfectly fair.

To combat it, I just stay long and steady when my towers get blown up, retaliate when I can, and move my bases to faceless strongholds when I take trips. I realize I probably won't ever get a tower over 1mill if the current crop of swarm stay active, and that's just something to live with :P.

The one post I DID make about "getting bullied" was honestly just to laugh at the fact that even with my new BFF4L having superior numbers behind him, I was still winning, and yet I was still getting poo talked. You can make the argument that the post was "whiney," but the truth of the matter is that I find it hilarious and is something to keep me busy in the game! Yeah my stuff gets blown up all the time, but I choose to play "Qonqr," and not Minecraft, so I accept that as just a part of the game.

tl;dr - yeah, there is bullying in the game, but learn to deal with it instead of making long winded "I'm going to resign because this game is so unfair and someone broke one of my toys!" posts.

Rocco, exactly what makes you think I'm bitter? You couldn't be further from the truth. I don't see anything that I posted that seems that way. More importantly, everything I post about this game is all said in relation to the fact that it is ultimately, just a game.

I personally don't buy cubes, so I don't take it too seriously. In fact, even if I did cube, I still wouldn't trip.

I zoomed out a bit today, and it was a beautiful sight. So much purple. Face Mob is really causing havoc. Is it me or is the amount of crying here going hand in hand with all the legion being curb stomped? I will admit I have not frequented the boards much, so I am not sure.

Please... 1.7 million isn't a big deal to topple, we didn't even flinch at a 9.2 million tower from your Legion pals. It improves the game because it requires you to work with others to accomplish a big take down.

1.7m isn't a big deal to topple if you have enough players and your opponent isn't cubing. Seriously, with the speed at which maybryar take down zones and build them back up... literally in hours... I can't imagine they'd sit ideally by while a few of us try to take it back. Lately, any time I even poke at a zone next thing I know 12 Faceless have jumped in and took it up another 500k. Kinda comical, but kinda sad for any new players - which was one of my points somewhere in this mess of a thread.

You have to admit, they is nothing strategically that anyone can do when someone wants to spend money either attacking or defending. Best case scenario is eventually they get bored. So what's the best strategy to bore your opponents? Switch to their faction? No one to fight then... and what to do but tower? I know some people *really* like that idea, so who knows if that would even work.

I do know wasting money on cubes at this point makes no sense. I'd be easily outspent. So I'm playing here and there in little zones, figuring that soon it'll all be purple and I'll be back to being a merc. Or the devs will come up with some new features that add to the gameplay and don't require me to take out a 2nd mortgage to take a zone.

I'm fine either way. I do like seeing the different perspectives in the strategy thread. Maybe something fun will pop out of there.

QONQR ON!

Rocco, exactly what makes you think I'm bitter? You couldn't be further from the truth. I don't see anything that I posted that seems that way. More importantly, everything I post about this game is all said in relation to the fact that it is ultimately, just a game.

I have absolutely no idea now... lol... this thread has had so many twists & turns I have no idea what I was thinking at the time. Maybe it was your choice of words in describing the players you felt were bullying you. Made it seem that despite your excelling in the game you still felt Legion was abusing you. It's a war game. I'm not sure exactly what you expected. You captured tons of zones and got tons of kills. You should have been thanking us! :D

Indeed. I liked the underdog role. It's like I started out as a dishwasher in some little greasy taco joint and now it's like...."Who do I trust ? Me that's who!"....

Wait...where have I heard that before?

You like the underdog role? You do realize you're part of the largest faction in the area... and state... and country... and WORLD... lol... :P