The Official QONQR Community Forums
dings90

New Legion color

Due to an excessive amount of whining and multiple excuses of why there losing battles and etc.... I recommend that legion's color be changed to yellow to better reflect their personality.

A year ago, I had the game pegged. Legion had all the short, brisk, pseudo military types. I once had a request for a missile op denied because my request was not in the proper format with the proper information attached.

Faceless were like your high school English teacher. Polite, somewhat friendly, but secretly you knew he wanted to fail you back to preschool.

Swarm were the Xbox kiddies.. Only twice have I had to report people for inappropriate messages.. And they were both swarm. the only really civil interaction I've had with my snot green nano targets was with P-falcon, and assorted mercs who were green only because they had to be.

Of course there were exceptions to the above rule.. But it stayed pretty constant.

Now?

Legion and faceless are opposing school yard bullies, each trying to gain the coveted position of Top ******* at the others expense.

Almost enough to defect to swarm... And I HATE that shade of green.

(Disclaimer: the above is only the observations of Illinois politics.. Your actual experience may vary.)

Oh, I wish I lived in Quincy, IL where there is no one to play against... Nope, live in Chicago where there are actually other players playing and recruiting friends only sets me up for being sync locked. Dings, there's more people within a 1/2 mile of my house than there are within a 10 mile radius of yours. Your "recruit people" answer to being outnumbered in a major metropolitan area fails. Or I could blatantly multiscope as 7 (sorry, really only 2) of your fellow faceless have. That's the real answer. We're not whining. What you guys completely miss is that your "domination" is laughable. Legion is losing. We have no issue with that. It's that it's taking ridiculous numbers and REAL WORLD CURRENCY to defeat us. That's funny.

And Ari, Legion came close about four months back to tying up w/ faceless. Got probably within 5% based on the numbers. Legion is now the low dog on the totem pole in Illinois, w/ just 23.7% of the state. Faceless is at about 43% with Swarm at around 33%.

Attitude wise, swarm really go both ways. There are some very nice, respectable fellows, and then there are some downright heineyhurt little gits.

Haven't had a terrible amount of interaction speaking to red other than one dood who I'm 90% sure is(was?) a troll account.

Oh, I wish I lived in Quincy, IL where there is no one to play against... Nope, live in Chicago where there are actually other players playing and recruiting friends only sets me up for being sync locked. Dings, there's more people within a 1/2 mile of my house than there are within a 10 mile radius of yours. Your "recruit people" answer to being outnumbered in a major metropolitan area fails. Or I could blatantly multiscope as 7 (sorry, really only 2) of your fellow faceless have. That's the real answer. We're not whining. What you guys completely miss is that your "domination" is laughable. Legion is losing. We have no issue with that. It's that it's taking ridiculous numbers and REAL WORLD CURRENCY to defeat us. That's funny.

You really don't wish you lived in Quincy, it gets boring, why do you think I started throwing missiles at Chicago? Don't sit there acting all holier than thou talking like there are no Red multiscopes in Chicago. I'm still hearing whining.

Using an arbitrary political bounty, like the State of Illinois, to decide if you are outnumbered is insane. In this game, the demographics within 30 miles are all that matters. Saying Legion is outnumbered because more Faceless are in missile range makes no sense, but does explain why you keep saying you are the minority while having 10 players for every 1 opponent within 50 miles.

We are very lucky in Australia - whilst the battle for Sydney rages between swarm and faceless the wires have always been in good taste - and even compliment each other on effective builds or takedowns - doesn't mean we both don't want to wipe each other out - just that we recognise good strategy or effective cubing when we see it. I think it is far to say that no one in the faceless camp I would not happily have a beer with it the opportunity arose (probably want to spike it so they feel asleep for 24 hours and I could clean out a base but I would still have a beer!).

That's the point: it's okay when Chicago legion(making the distinction because Ari is awesome) were the ones dominating, it was all okay, and they were **** about it. Now that they're getting destroyed, it's obviously because people are cheating.

In short, take your loss like a man and retaliate or quit.

Also, being in cornfield, Illinois is awesome. You meet all kinds of cool people when you have manners.

That's the point: it's okay when Chicago legion(making the distinction because Ari is awesome) were the ones dominating, it was all okay, and they were **** about it. Now that they're getting destroyed, it's obviously because people are cheating.

In short, take your loss like a man and retaliate or quit.

Also, being in cornfield, Illinois is awesome. You meet all kinds of cool people when you have manners.

I don't believe I've whined about people cheating or about being dominated... I'm not so sure that the way the game allows this to be done (all fair and legal) is in the best long-term interests of the game, but it is what it is.

I don't like the Yankees either... I don't consider Brian Cashman to be a legendary GM because he can outspend all the other teams. I root against the Yankees pretty much regardless of their opponent because most every other team is at a financial disadvantage. I prefer the NFL, because of salary cap and overall parity in the league. I like parity. It makes games (for me) more fun when everyone has an equal chance and you need strategy. Good coaching. Good players. Buying a championship... oh well, I guess not all of us will agree on that because the Yankees do have a heck of a lot of fans.

As far as factions go... I've played for each. And there are amazing, wonderful, fun-loving players in each. Even Faceless in Chicago. And there's also supreme jerks, a-holes, aggravating players in each. Even in Legion (some might say ESPECIALLY in Legion). Unfortunately, you can't boot people out of your faction in this game, it's like family, so you take what you've got and either hope they switch or switch yourself. But no faction is perfect. Not by a long shot. So it's really impossible to try to pigeonhole a personality to any faction. It varies by members by area.

Using an arbitrary political bounty, like the State of Illinois, to decide if you are outnumbered is insane. In this game, the demographics within 30 miles are all that matters. Saying Legion is outnumbered because more Faceless are in missile range makes no sense, but does explain why you keep saying you are the minority while having 10 players for every 1 opponent within 50 miles.

This is kind of frustrating. I realize you've been exaggerating all your posts because it's fun for you to rile up the local Legion here, but in all seriousness we've got about 7 active players left, all spread out north, south, west, and in Chicago. That's the whole enchilada. Just look at any zone that's been overtaken and count who's trying to help. Meanwhile, Awsheeet has been sync locked to 7 other scopes. Maybe it's a family or group of friends, I've posted the stupidity of punishing local friends and family playing together in a prior post. But that said, that group alone outnumbers us. Add in the Mabryar group. There's another 5 that have been sync locked. And they are not only synchronized, but they freely cube as well.

Legion doesn't outnumber anyone anymore. And I'm ok with that. Ebb and flow of the game. Chicago has been all purple, then red, then green, then purple, then red, and now it's turning purple again. Swarm somehow missed a turn, lol.

It's interesting to me to watch what's happening, see how the game evolves, and try to not get caught up in the drama as if what happens in this game has any impact at all in real life (aside from the occasionally trip out west to stack Pingree Grove). I hope the devs figure out a better way to allow family and friends to play, and I hope they figure out a way to bring parity to a game where one big spender can crush a zone in hours. I believe these two things are essential to growing the Qonqr community. I'd love nothing more than to see 1000's of people playing Chicago (hopefully not all in one faction).

Common decency. It sounds from our friends down south that there's been a lack of that. Manners are important. In cities as well as cornfields. Respect the game and the players who play the game.

Qonqr on...

We've got plenty of gang violence here in D-town :/.

The two official Decatur town mottos that I've seen are, "Decatur, we like it here!" and "Racism - not in this town."

It's amazing how little effect putting signs up has over reality...

Well Mr. Rocco... I remember a point a few months ago, when Legion outnumbered the local Faceless about 20 to 2. I asked you for a couple bases, and your response was that Legion is the minority, but just coordinates better. So, yes, I agree that it is "kind of frustrating", and I know you were about as serious then as I was in these recent posts. Another example of "kind of frusterating", when asscat was starting and Faceless owned most of Chicago, I gave him a bunch of zones to build As soon as the majority shifts to Legion, he shows his appreciation by hitting me non-stop for 2 months. Sure, it's legal and fine in a war game... but it is not sportsmanlike or the spirit which makes us all enjoy Qonqr. It was a hard decision when we decided to wipe asscat off the leaderboard in the last few weeks, but it needed to be done. Sometimes you just need to punch a bully square in the nose to establish order. We've left his last base as a gesture of good will, but will take that as well if he doesn't knock off his unsportsmanlike ways.

How do we move forward??? This public bickering started by Clyde and continued by Koz needs to stop. People are laughing at us (mostly Chicago Legion) all over the world. If baffles me at how personal some of the posts are, for a game.