The Official QONQR Community Forums
Silver

Break Out of Sync Lock

Thanks Silver - I really like this feature to allow families to play more. It has been frustrating planning an attack so ensuring you are firing apart - then you are together and eventually get sync locked - knowing that they will remain in place for 24 hours, even though you may have 8 apart firing during this window and would now be well below 50%.

Both players who are Sync Locked must have that box checked to see the chart.

Yeah we did. Contacted support and Silver said he found a bug which he has fixed. All sorted now cheers.

Here's what I see when I read that:

As a reward for playing honestly, rather than cut off your arm, we will now only cut off your hand.. But we will allow you tape it back on repeatedly, if necessary. We think this is better than simply removing the rule that caused the problem in the first place.

Meanwhile, we'd like to reiterate that the cheaters are not actually punished in any meaningful way and may continue cheating as much as they'd like. We made sure the rules are actually easier for them to follow than for you and your friends and family to follow.

So this means if we get sync locked, we can just stop deploying with our alt. Then perhaps come lunchtime we go out somewhere 50+ meters away and swap scopes to deploy with the alt, instead of our main. After lunch and having returned home, we proceed to break the lock. Another alternative is too just share the Alt account with a teammate in another neighborhood nearby or the next town over, then just break the lock that way. It seems worth less effort to bother now. We would have to roll the dice and hope after another some more hours of multiscoping, we can again catch him or her and relock; before dinner maybe. In other words less serious long term punishment for the truly dedicated multiscoping cheaters.

My only problem with synclock is that if both my wife and I are locked (hasn't happened often as she doesn't play that much) is that both of you need to innoculate. As I read the inital material about this I really wasn't bothered until we found out that it costs us not 1 but 2 qubes, which is a bit pricey TBH.

Another alternative is too just share the Alt account with a teammate in another neighborhood
That doesn't work as you can't use multiple accounts on one device. Unless you're rich of course, in which case you can buy as many phones as you want; and if you're that rich, you can innoculate as many accounts as you want anwyay.

I love Sync Locking the 1 Swarm player with 3 accounts in Las Vegas.

It's great!

Sucks he does pay to cheat, but we will not stop attacking swarm until he plays with one account. (Aliendrone, Greenmagic, ghostX)

Give the kid some credit for blowing all that money. We get a kick knowing he uses his lunch money.

LAS VEGAS

-RVCA

How do you tell if someone has sync-locked you? I'm an honest single-scope player but I see no way to monitor if someone has sync-locked me unnecessarily. Have my bot tank maxed out to its limit and empty it once and my scope is overheating, and takes quite a while to cool down again :( How noticeable is the difference and how can I tell? :/ See alot of potential for cheaters to sync-lock honest players just to gain an advantage in a particular zone battle and not alot of protection for the truly honest players among us...

Also how do you tell if someone is multi-scoping and if it is 'fair' to sync-lock them? Have a suspicion I know someone that is but can't be sure and I don't want to be the 'pot calling the kettle black' and sync-lock an honest player... Is there a way to find out if someone is multiscoping?

In game on your profile page you get a big fun resident evil ish sync lock symbol that shows up, your top left faction symbol in game is changed to a sync lock black box, you get a message in game that says you've been sync locked by "x" faction.

i think now second id sync lock can not record history, everyday second id is a new day, they exchange account to login.

everyone is suspicious, even today fail to sync lock him, the other day they also can become have second id with swapping id to login. and also most important, remote far location player giving id to let somebody to login to fully support instead of just missiles, and swap acc to another player each day, people try to guessing who is multiscope and sync lock record down the history is **** now, because everyday the second id is a new fresh day in new location.

within a small town, or a small area, with this strategy enemy can ownage. and the sync lock system totally corrupted.

i think now second id sync lock can not record history, everyday second id is a new day, they exchange account to login.

everyone is suspicious, even today fail to sync lock him, the other day they also can become have second id with swapping id to login. and also most important, remote far location player giving id to let somebody to login to fully support instead of just missiles, and swap acc to another player each day, people try to guessing who is multiscope and sync lock record down the history is **** now, because everyday the second id is a new fresh day in new location.

within a small town, or a small area, with this strategy enemy can ownage. and the sync lock system totally corrupted.

Yeah! What he said... :)

It sounds really complex. Time is money and probably money spent on cubes is not time wasted messing with phones and accounts. Surely their life has to be bigger than trying to cheat an online game.

It sounds really complex. Time is money and probably money spent on cubes is not time wasted messing with phones and accounts. Surely their life has to be bigger than trying to cheat an online game.

You would be really surprised at the length that some people go.

I got my mother started and gave her a quick how-to. She started, I kept deploying, and we got Sync Locked. I went to the link sent to to break the lock, followed the instructions (checking the box, etc), then went to sleep. Woke up, went to work, I launched, told her to launch, then went back to that link and hit "Break" Sync Lock and it broke it. If I had felt like driving to a WalMart, I could have broken it in about 10 minutes. I don't really see a huge issue with this. As an aside: Kudos on a great game :)