The Official QONQR Community Forums
Silver

New Windows Phone Release 1.22

A new version of Windows Phone was released today. In this update

-Search for Zones by name or Id

-See a list of zones currently drawn on the map, sort by Name, Distance, or Faction Control

-Send a player a message with a link to a zone attached (Target Zone button on the big map pin)

-Phones send GPS accuracy to server, which will reduce Sync Lock area from 2Km to as small as 50 meters.

The same features were submitted to iTunes 3 days ago, and we are awaiting approval from Apple. Android features have been completed, in testing now.

usually "improvements" make things worse, but i gotta say I had asked for searching for zones and zone linking in wires since about 10 days after I installed this game in 1989. I'm feeling something... im not sure what its name is.. could it b e... Joy? :)

EDIT: By the way when i said "improvements" i meant in general not specifically qonqr.

I asked about WP8.1 transparent live tiles via email about a week ago, even including an edited version of an existing tile with the background removed from it, and received this in response:

'Hello. Thanks for your email and ideas. We do not have any plans to do this at this time, but we will save your idea and the image and may add it to a to do list in the future."

Warning!

I accidentally just discovered that the Delete/Go To Zone buttons on Command Wire messages have been flipped different sides of the screen!

(Accidentally deleted the message instead of going to the zone!)

Ahhh, that explains why I kept hitting the delete notification so often today. :P

Wish I could install it, keep getting: the Microsoft account services is unavailable right now. Can't wait to search for zone by name. :)

Edit: Right after I made this post it worked. <face palm.>

works great! Thanks silver.

Hi, the search and other new things are great, but after this update my map usually doesn't show, until I restart whole phone. Then it works for a while, but after that I have only some "dark" colour as background and on it my (and others) zones :-(

Playing on Nokia Lumia 800 with WP 7.8. Please, am I the only one here who's game does that?

Thank you very much.

Hi, the search and other new things are great, but after this update my map usually doesn't show, until I restart whole phone. Then it works for a while, but after that I have only some "dark" colour as background and on it my (and others) zones :-(

Playing on Nokia Lumia 800 with WP 7.8. Please, am I the only one here who's game does that?

Thank you very much.

Odds are you are running out of ram.

The map update you have now is what iOS has had and it is extremely demanding on your phones ram since most have 512mb or 1gb.

Your best bet is to close out your other programs while you play qonqr to avoid having background programs slowing you down.

Hope that helps.

Yeah I also noticed more upgraded quality of lagging, crashing and taking ten minutes of hitting back, reloading and crashing to main menu. I spend way too much of my day getting agitated at the app itself. Luckily there is more to do than use the app :) I considered making videos of how I actually have to play the game to see if others thought it was funny or perhaps had similar experiences. Many tasks in game are time sensitive and by the time I finish crash, load, reload, recrash, Oh ARbirtrary Loading screen which covers the screen until i hit back and have to reload everything AGAIN all then I have missed my chance to help my fellows and of course have extremely high agitation levels. I actually am not even half as supportive of my people as I could be if I had more patience, but when i have like 2 minutes free time.. its just not enough to deploy due to this incessant harassment by my scope. If there is any option that would reduce this problem I'd be in favor of it.

Oh but on an un-rant related note. Looks like using the search for zone. Go to zone. Then hit MAP then shows the zone data of a previous zone you looked at rather than the one you just looked up. The map itself is focused on the zone you sought. Not a big deal but it could mean I will be more polite to my phone when trying to accomplish tasks :)

Overall, good updates.

However, several of us have noticed the zone search does not work if you search for a zone with a two-word name. It works fine for single-word zones.

Also, someone else told me the paste function wasn't working for them, but I haven't tried that.

And a transparent tile would be sweet!

transparent tile is a must have! now qonqr blocks my awesome background..

Also could you make Cortana deploy via voice command? that wold be sick! lol

ok just the tile then?

Thank you very much.

The more feature additions in the game, the more difficult it will get for owners of outdated wp7 phones I'm afraid. The Lumia800 was good piece of hardware in its time. I am having the same problems plus a lot of crashes whenever I play. Still the phone works perfectly otherwise and I don't consider getting rid of it in the foreseeable future. For sure some 'hardware' requirements should have been announced. I wouldn't have updated had I known my phone is not powerful enough to play. Devs, please consider releasing a 'lighter' wp7 version of the game. I can live without zone searches and other goodies, but I need to be able to scroll around the map. Thank you.

Great update, many thanks to silver and his WP dev team! I notice the mapping issue on my WP 7.5, but its manageable. I would like to see however a multidelete option for the command wire...getting tedious with the zone capture too and fro! ;-) great effort with the zone search function!!