The Official QONQR Community Forums
Silver

Atlantis: The Evolution

Grunt zones should be interesting for training and keeping new players if we can get them looking at messages and using the maps. I love the other zones that don't allow support or ordinance since that should help keep the bot counts fairly low and zone control fairly fluid.

I'm sure an API will be designed to 'discover' the battle area. Bound to happen I'm sure its probably being worked on right now.

One question:

You state - " We have been very clear that Sync Lock was created to avoid our big spenders from being pushed out of the game by multi-scopers who refuse to support QONQR"

What about big spender who ARE MULTISCOPERS and use both multiscoping and big spending to push other players out of the game? These players are the scum of Qonqr, they push out other spenders, newbies, and casual free players. Is anything being done about those players?

This has always been a problem with Qonqr.

People.

I don't think there is a way for the devs to be effective against people.

People, who ae inclined to, will cheat, spend big or both. Yep it does make you wonder if Synclock was worth the effort of the devs.

There's no way to balance out imbalance caused by obsessive behaviour of whatever percentage of players. I think that a reasonable effort was made, then softened right down because of 'families' having a right whinge.

At least some progress is finally being made, regarding the actual game, now that multiscoping emails are now way down the list of stuff to do. Maybe the list of stuff we'd like to do will get an airing now.

Will these zones show up on the top 10 most active zones listing? If Atlantis is any indication of activity then the top 10 will never show any "real" zones. The only zones that would show up would be the Atlantis zones.

Could create a separate ranking list for these zones.

Hold on, new update! If you want to know where Atlantis is before anyone else you can pay 50 cubes! Or you can pay 20 cubes to Atlantis block the other teams. Don't worry though, for 100 cubes you can buy Atlantis lock protection!

Leigh, Atlantis will never be discoverable through the public API until after its been discovered in the game by all three factions. These are things we already considered.

Can you make this the same for all zones? For example, if a player from Swarm attacks a zone controlled by Faceless the attack would not register on the API until a Faceless player also views the zone.

Besides this idea, what about having the API be hackable by players. Send fake zone attacks/captures to the API, that must then be manually checked by players in game. Would be nice to have the power to interfere with other players ability to monitor the "battlefield".

This is really cool. I like the idea of having a seperate "non-real world" area that me and my friends across the world can play together in. I hope this gets expanded.

It also brings a different sort of competitive play. I kinda see the normal "real-world" map as the sandbox, and this as the hardcore set PvP zone where we don't have to worry about being outnumbered 3:1 like the local bases.

ALSO: Silver just posted on the blog FYI. Check it out! http://blog.qonqr.com/