The Official QONQR Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
generalvvarts

Pay to cheat?

What is the deal with sync lock protection? I have a multiscoper (suspected but pretty sure) in my area and he just buys sync lock protection for his accounts and continues to multiscope. Why is sync lock protection even an option? Who does it benefit? If it benefits couples/friends who play together and are not cheating why should they have to pay extra to play?

It's only cheating if the owners say it's cheating, so now it's no longer cheating, just discouraged.

Feel free to frown upon it and use pointy sticks to poke multiscopers as they are paraded down the street on some sort of carty thing :o

I reckon its worked nicely, to bring in the readies for the devs. Most families or multiscopers seem happy to pay, simply because they do. If it was such a problem for them I'm sure they'd quit.

I feel like it has created a problem. Particularly for me but I guess if it solves more problems then it creates so it works out. Now I just cant compete against someone who has 3 accounts and buys protection for all of them, nothing I can do about it except multiscope myself which just seems wrong and sucks. Who has time for that and I don't want to buy monthly protection. I have spent my share of money in game because I enjoy it but spending money just to protect myself against someone pays to use multiple accounts, where is the fun in that? I wonder if the money coming in from sync lock protection makes up for money lost from people like me

Synclock is a bandaid. One made from scotch tape and bits of toilet paper.

It is not working well. players who dont cheat and cant afford to buy protection just don't play while synclocked. Thats why many are playing other games now to offset the down time. its lamer than a quadriplegic squirrel.

The only way to fix the multiscopig issue is to rework certain aspects of the game to make multiscoping not impact other players as harshly as it does now. Anything else will just hurt non paying players, or paying player who dont want to waste there hard earned money on something as stupid as synclock protection.

The one concept the qonqr staff don't get is while the majority of multiscopers don't pay. its the ones who do, who are the largest part of the problem. They think that eliminating the free playing multis fixes the issue. but all they have done is made the paying multiscopers even stronger.

It **** me off to no end. fighting to hold a zone with my team and their being syncloked out of commission which is happening very regularly.

people used to say the game was pay to win, but now its pay to play.

The other solution is to remove sync lock, change the rules to one account per device and create an auto reply from support saying "It's legal, deal with it" to any email that contains the words "multiscope" or "cheating".

Then I'm sure the forums will be flooded with people complaining about how Mr. Moneybags with 6 devices is ruining the game for them and the devs are letting it happen. And cube spending would probably go down as I'm sure most who are willing to buy cubes already have multiple devices at their disposal.

I would have rather seen them say we cant process the amount of multiscoper reports coming in anymore. were working on longterm goals to make multis less effective, please bear with us, than the synclock.

at least that way players who dont cheat aren't being locked. really in ct we never had much of a issue with multis. there was 2 or 3 faceless players using them, but they sucked at the game so they sucked x2 or however many multis they had. It was never bad enough that we felt we had to report them repeatedly or anything like that.

Now that synclock is in place theirs constant multiscope related issues and there all innocent players being synced. synclock here is viewed as a weapon to use against the other factions plane and simple. I've heard the words multiscope and synclock more times in the past month than I have in the entire year before synclock came around.

I would have rather seen them say we cant process the amount of multiscoper reports coming in anymore. were working on longterm goals to make multis less effective, please bear with us, than the synclock.

But that isn't what the devs want to do, they want to spend their time adding new content. Besides, there is no perfect solution to combat true multiscopers.

at least that way players who dont cheat aren't being locked. really in ct we never had much of a issue with multis. there was 2 or 3 faceless players using them, but they sucked at the game so they sucked x2 or however many multis they had. It was never bad enough that we felt we had to report them repeatedly or anything like that.

It's not hard to avoid sync lock now as it should be down to 50m, unless of course we're talking about conjured twins, then they need to follow the 15 minute rule.

Now that synclock is in place theirs constant multiscope related issues and there all innocent players being synced. synclock here is viewed as a weapon to use against the other factions plane and simple. I've heard the words multiscope and synclock more times in the past month than I have in the entire year before synclock came around.

There is no way to be 100% sure a player is or is not multiscoping regardless of whether they protest their innocence.

But that isn't what the devs want to do, they want to spend their time adding new content. Besides, there is no perfect solution to combat true multiscopers.

I meant really long term goals. some my even integrate with new features.

When I first read the blog post initially released. My thought was "Good for qonqr, they said f'it and made multis legal" now at least they can focus on game improvements, then I got to the synclock part and thought, "**** thats not going to be good".

It's not hard to avoid sync lock now as it should be down to 50m, unless of course we're talking about conjured twins, then they need to follow the 15 minute rule.

Several of our guys like to get together and drink while playing, or have family who plays. And 50m is exacly 5 typical school buses parked bumper to bumper. that's 1.5 - 2 city blocks apart here. or in rural areas 3-5 houses away.

Thats insane... its like..

Hun I'm going to deploy in qonqr. To avoid messing up our timing let me go walk to the house on the corner at the end of the street. I will be back in a few days once we clear this 17mill tower. Could you have the kids run me down a sleeping bag and that old tent in the basement.

Also the 15 minute gap completely destroys the best strategy we use to take down cubers/multiscopers. So that stinks also. We spent months getting our attacks to land simultaneously in waves 3 to 5 minutes apart to maximize damage and get as much past absorber spamming as we could. Now there is no avoiding a never ending wall of absorbers and paid bots.

There is no way to be 100% sure a player is or is not multiscoping regardless of whether they protest their innocence.

I agree 100%.

I'm just saying that theirs always a solution even if it requires some thinking and needs to be developed slowly. By a solution I mean one that doesn't have all the negative side effects that synclock has. I get that the current game design has severe limitations that allows for multis to run rampant, and I don't want the staff to spend all day every day dealing with multi issues. But it doesn't change the fact that syclock is bad and seems to hurt more loyal honest qonqr players than catch cheating multiscopers. Maybe elsewhere in the world thats not the case, but up here we know who the multiscopers are and they dont get synclocked because they buy the inoculations. Just like before the sync they cubed refreshes with there multis. it doesn't change anything for them just hurts the players trying to stop them.

It probably takes less than a minute to walk 50 metres and you only need to do it for 50% of the time. So where once QONQR was promoting family bonding, it now also promotes exercise and the healthy aspects of solitude.

:D

It probably takes less than a minute to walk 50 metres and you only need to do it for 50% of the time. So where once QONQR was promoting family bonding, it now also promotes exercise and the healthy aspects of solitude.

:D

lol very true.

Hey the multiscopers can be creative too. After a few sync lock, they just create a new account starting from 0, now you cant lock them because it is under level 100, and you have to waste your launch on the growing threat.

Just don't target the newb account. Its only a diversion. Keep locking the main accounts that you know are most likely the main ones. My local multiscoper has his account protected pretty much all the time, his 'wifes' ,cough bullsh&% cough, account gets a cube everytime its locked by me. I'm not overly active at the moment but still, synclock is a weapon I use every day. I preferred the first version though and feel that a pay to cheat scenario is still pretty crappy.

Just keep on keeping on with the syncs, from what I've seen, the bother of worrying about syncs has brought down the number of multiscopers far more than any previous effort silver and the goons have put forward.

definitely has its downsides, but as long as you keep on syncing them the multis will likely fade into nothingness