The Official QONQR Community Forums
Desideratus

What does -ELITE- mean on the player screens in webportal?

Or a small spender that's played a while.

I think it's $100 to get Elite? I know a few people who budget $10-20 a month for Qonqr, which isn't exactly breaking the bank, but would take about half a year to a year to get there.

at 52 weeks a year, averaging 2$ a week will get it at just under a year :ph34r:

Despite having the title, I agree with Leigh that "-ELITE-" is probably not the best choice of words, I'm not sure of q better one though. "DONOR" probably doesn't help silver & co as mych, changing to officer (as opposed to current enlisted) ranks might work... But I don't know what kinda damage that could do with the extra 100 levels thing in the votable topics gadge' made.

lol "elite" how misleading

hahaha yeah I think there are much better words for people who spend a lot. Most of which will be filtered from the forum.

Buying a zone is not capturing a zone so I just hope you all see the difference and don't get confused and think big spenders are heroes or let them make you feel you aren't any good at this game because you aren't as willing to spend.

As the gentleman mentioned above and 10 here a 20 there that is not so bad. I myself buy a 20 sack once in a while. I am referring to what we have come to call HyperCubers.

When someone "captures" a zone from us that is a result of our failure and we should practice more.

WHen someone "purchases" a zone from us that is a different game all together. That is the "QOnqr: Virtual Real estate with real money" game. WHoever has the most money wins that game. It certainly wouldn't be me hahaha

According to our last intel about 20% of our people are in areas classified as "locked down by cubers" Here's a thought: a coordinated effort to have the remaining 80% swarm these cubers OVER AND OVER and make them SPEND AND SPEND.

If they spend 20$ force them to buy 50$ if they spend 50$ force them to buy 100$. Give them no rest. Capturing zones is not the only form of victory. It is quite gratifying to know that enemies feel the need to spend against us. Make "FORCING CUBERS TO KEEP CUBING" your objective if you are in such conditions. There is no shame in NOT spending money.

THink of a kung fu match where two skilled fighters face each other and cross hands. The more skilled will over come their exponent. Now picture the same scene but one fighter decided to buy sleeping pills and put them in the other guys tea.

Neither win or lose based on their actual skill and thus there is no shame in losing nor pride in winning.

SUch is the qonqr real estate game.

If there were no Cubers there would be no game. It's that simple. I can't understand why all the free players complain about the people who are paying for the game for you. I occasionally buy small amounts because I love the game, and want to support it. Also because I really like to shoot nanos :) . I'm grateful for all the heavy cubers who pay for the game I enjoy.

"If there were no cubers there would be no game."

I use to play in an area with a megacuber, everyone use to join in and work together to try and offset his spending. He typically averaged about $100 per month spread over 2 accounts (also a multiscoper.) Then one month he decided to go for broke and spent over $800 between his 2 accounts and just blew everyone out. After that pretty much everyone in the area quit. I logged on a couple weeks ago just to see what the area looked like and it was completely barren. Everyone who didn't quit switch factions to the megacubers and every single player on the New Players list joined that same faction.

While cubers support the game, megacubers destroy it.

I wish there was a platinum level. It's soon going to be hard to seperate the elite from the very elite and the kinda elite.

The should have elite, Elite, ELITE, ELITE, ELITE +, and ELITE + ∞

That should suffice for the next 60 days or so... ;)

at least you can be competitive in this game without spending a dime.

you can't say that about most games honestly.

you can if you're in the dominant faction that's spending all the money! :P

i guess it's all in how you define "competitive"... yes, you can continue to level up and harvest (at half the rate) to gain upgrades... and you can keep killing to increase your kill totals (against heavily fortified monster towers)... but you'll never be able to reach high achievements in zone captures and you'll never be on the leaderboard for total # of bots, if those sorts of things matter to you.

Seems to me that the rank and awards systems best encompass the true meritocracy in QONQR -- but I acknowledge the need to recognize the buying customers -- perhaps a unique badge would work better to recognize buyers -- the word -ELITE- somehow misses the intention of recognizing the paying customers...

By the way, I admit that I am a big spender on QONQR, but I do not want the title -ELITE- associated with my avatar -- that's not really working for me at any level -- maybe an optional badge would work for some -- not sure what to suggest here other than to say -ELITE- doesn't work for me...

One last point -- I am not ashamed to be a big spender on QONQR -- I am glad to be able to play more QONQR as a result, while providing earning power to the programmers who created QONQR -- I am a programmer myself, so what the heck...

^^^That's great! We could customize our profiles.. and chose the backgrounds.. and write a bio.. and have some basic info.. or just be anon. Should totally be added to that new player bio feature coming out that's under the topics up for vote. They're all going to happen, just voting on which ones come first.

The optional use of the "elite" status comes into play now if you need the "free" Sync Lock inoculation. When the roaming Atlantis is launched it will grant "elite" status players access to different levels of the Atlantis playing board. Non-"Elite" will have their own zones in the future Atlantis also. I spend heavy on this game and would prefer another type of status acknowledgement because my spending certainly does not make me elite it just allows me to play with missiles and refreshers at will. I will activate the status for the Atlantis project though.