The Official QONQR Community Forums

So there's been some discussion in other threads.. but I think we need an official debate thread for the topic if there isn't already. I couldn't find one so here it is.

I'll start. :3

So.. obviously, I'm arguing in favor of the legion. It's freaking called QONQR. What friendly AI would call itself qonqr?! Why go by such a threatening name if your intentions are good? I liked deej's argument of legion being the liberators. Man kind has progressed just fine on it's own.. Better safe than sorry, right? Plus, who doesn't love to blow stuff up all the time?

I won't admit to looking for drama by posting this. :D I've heard a lot of arguments but I want to hear it all.

Well, to keep it short, here in Illinois we are better coordinated and have great communication, so we usually are successful in the ops that we plan and carry out. From the lore perspective, I,m not really too concerned about that.

Silver pronounces it conquer.. And if we're talking in game.. Well um.. Pittsburgh.. Chattanooga.. I don't know of any other faction taking down 10mil+ towers... Or maybe I'm just uninformed?

I'm aiming for the merc stuff, so until I've experienced all factions I can't say which is going to be my favourite. I used to think one faction requires unquestioning loyalty to that faction, I think a lot differently now. B)

So there's been some discussion in other threads.. but I think we need an official debate thread for the topic if there isn't already. I couldn't find one so here it is.

I'll start. :3

So.. obviously, I'm arguing in favor of the legion. It's freaking called QONQR. What friendly AI would call itself qonqr?! Why go by such a threatening name if your intentions are good? I liked deej's argument of legion being the liberators. Man kind has progressed just fine on it's own.. Better safe than sorry, right? Plus, who doesn't love to blow stuff up all the time?

I won't admit to looking for drama by posting this. :D I've heard a lot of arguments but I want to hear it all.

that sounds suspiciously like something i said :P

Swarm took down St. Paul which was 28 Million at the peak if my memory is correct. As for Illinois, Faceless is best here because they are the best recruiters. The majority of folks want to be on the winning team, so they just keep adding more volume. Some are good fighters, but mostly they just win in bulk. Personally, I enjoy being the underdog in my state and for the life of me can't see the fun of no competition.

As for why I chose swarm, I like technology. The others were the Legion Amish (electricity is from the Devil!) and Faceless (DEPLOY DEPLOY....."what mom? Yes I want a sandwich brought to me!"......DEPLOY DEPLOY). SAVE THE EARTH..........GO GREEN!!!

I'm aiming for the merc stuff, so until I've experienced all factions I can't say which is going to be my favourite. I used to think one faction requires unquestioning loyalty to that faction, I think a lot differently now. B)

I've been a member of all three... and as I've mentioned in other posts, every faction has it's share of great players and it's share of jerks. Varies per region, it seems. The mythology is kind of irrelevant, there's very few players who subscribe to the lore past the initial faction selection, which really favors Faceless from the whole "I'm a hacker!" mentality.

My favorite faction strategically has been Legion. By far the best strategy guides. Except those are now irrelevant, since strategy went out the window when multiscoping and pay-to-win became overwhelmingly prevalent. No strategy in the world can defend against those combined.

If you don't want any challenge whatsoever... well, Faceless is the way to go.

Not sure where Swarm fits in... even when I was Swarm I never really understood their strategy or direction. They're just kind of there... at least until Faceless turns them all purple and they look around and go, "Hey! What just happened..?" :)

I'll add what I think of this topic..

Usually my favourite colour is purple, but in QONQR it is clearly the colour others call the vomit green. It reminds me of The Exorcist (which is my favourite movie). And that is what makes Swarm better.

I'll add what I think of this topic..

Usually my favourite colour is purple, but in QONQR it is clearly the colour others call the vomit green. It reminds me of The Exorcist (which is my favourite movie). And that is what makes Swarm better.

swarm is best because it looks like a possessed vomting evil demonchild?

Swarm is the best because the word swarm" is so versatile. We swarm the legion and faceless. We are swarm that come together for swarmings, and our scopes are the swarmiest.

I suppose, as it pertains to the lore of the game, I prefer the Swarm ideology...though, as most anyone who's spent any time with the game knows, it's somewhat irrelevant to game play.

As with most things..opinions will very greatly on the interactions, associations, allies, enemies and the overall experiences one has during their time within the world of Qonqr. Mine have lead me to being a mercenary..and I don't necessarily mean that as a bad thing.

My time within each faction has been somewhat unique, I think, in that I was afforded the opportunity to spend that time with the more active operatives and groups within each faction..even getting to know those outside of Illinois.

Starting with Swarm, I was able to talk with guys like Blackcracker, Rocco(Swarm at the time) and Monk who helped me get associated with the game. Swarm wasn't well put together at the time and I found myself conversing with the Faceless scourge more and more. Pretty soon I found myself switching to Faceless..not because I had to..but because, honestly, I wanted more from the social aspect of the game.

I switched to Faceless and was shocked at the coordination and communication. I was not only a Faceless operative, but privileged to be welcomed by the core of the IL Faceless. I worked with operatives like Rebelfalcon, Outlaw, Sayyadina and Tonyguild..not to mention those out of state like Dr. Straynge. Later, as the faction grew, people left and cells combined, fractures grew and the Faceless landscape changed. My decision to join the, often lambasted, GPF(which, by the way, I am still happily a part of..shout out to Un, Vile, Saff and everyone else) cast a shadow of distrust and earned me a level of scrutiny that I eventually tired of..not by all..but by enough. Thusly, I decided to go Merc and to put in my time as Legion as a farewell raspberry.

Oddly enough, I found myself contacted very shortly after my departure from Faceless by the very Legion operatives I had spent so much time and effort to nano. Operatives like Bleu, Assassin Caterpillar, Kozlov and Rocco who were still attempting to fight off the Faceless in Chicago. Definitely not the villains I had often portrayed them as and more than happy to allow me into the Chicago Legion fold. With them, I was able to put into perspective what it meant to fight for every step you take, win or lose..it was also where I finally started to put bot kills under my belt and earn annihilator(shout out to Marklitwin..your bots, buddy!).

I have no favorite faction..nor would I call one better than the other. I spend most of my time as Faceless because I like to harvest at full capacity(thank you Suna). That said, since becoming Merc I have had many fun operations within each faction..some more fun than others(shout out to you Phrozt). Your faction is what you make of it and, as a Merc, I get to make the best out of all three. More importantly though, I've gotten to know the people that make each faction seem the best to it's operatives and am glad to have had, and continue to have, that level of camaraderie and fun in the game.

swarm is best because it looks like a possessed vomting evil demonchild?

I happen to like my women best when they are possessed and spread the green goo everywhere they turn their head. Something wrong with that?

I happen to like my women best when they are possessed and spread the green goo everywhere they turn their head. Something wrong with that?

she sounds a real sweetheart, keep hold of that one xx