The Official QONQR Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jaeron

So let me see if I've got this straight. (SyncLock)

You leave this up to "Honor"? Seriously? I finally talked my girlfriend into playing again, after playing for a month alone, and the first thing they do is synclock her because they know we live together. They also know **** well we're not the same person, we've played from different parts of the state, and we've all been in the same GroupMe channel. ****, there's one Legion that MET the two of us, so they're WELL aware we're different people.

Nice job with this brilliant feature. Seriously devs, what kind of stupid feature is that? The Legion in my area also bragged about SyncLocking two others they know aren't the same person. This is a terrible feature.

Yeah agree - No honor Jaeron, it is now just a part of the battle strategy - just means in short you have to fire more apart than together and you are ok, but that is not always possible and it is more fun together. The worse part is I have some known multiscopers in my region that get around it but again I just have to look at is as part of battle strategy.

Yeah agree - No honor Jaeron, it is now just a part of the battle strategy - just means in short you have to fire more apart than together and you are ok, but that is not always possible and it is more fun together. The worse part is I have some known multiscopers in my region that get around it but again I just have to look at is as part of battle strategy.

this is the problem - it is much easier for a multiscoper to get around the 'rules' whitout incurring any penalty other that not getting to deploy 24/7 with both or all scopes. however for real people it is relatively easy still [but not as easy for multiscopers] but they pay the penalty of each player not getting to maximise their scope as well as not getting to enjoy the game fully.

it was a dreadful decision to announce multiscoping was legal now [and then hastily add on 'but we don't approve'

an announcement that they had built software to monitor multiscoping and would no longer read any support emails refering to multiscoping would have been a much better solution.

i've thought long and hard on this topic... i've given up hope there's any solution for identifying multiscopers. it's virtually impossible to distinguish between a husband and wife playing, or one person with a device in each hand. no way to do it.

the only solution i see would be more players. across all factions. dilute the effect.

or the npc idea... if the multiscopers are dominating an area and you can't keep up, it would be great to have an npc to dole out some damage and even the playing field. sounds incredibly hard to develop though.

i've thought long and hard on this topic...

So that's what that strange grinding noise was :P

i've given up hope there's any solution for identifying multiscopers. it's virtually impossible to distinguish between a husband and wife playing, or one person with a device in each hand. no way to do it.

Pretty much what I've been saying since Sync Lock first came out. And even if it is a Husband & Wife team, there's nothing to stop (or detect) one of them picking up the others device to launch.

Pretty much what I've been saying since Sync Lock first came out. And even if it is a Husband & Wife team, there's nothing to stop (or detect) one of them picking up the others device to launch.

yeah... the whole thing would be moot if somehow qonqr would acquire more users. can you imagine if each faction had 100+ players? it would be insane! i compare it with half a dozen other mobile war games i've played, where your alliances are typically 100 members, and there's at least 25 of those alliances in each world filled with active players, on any one of 10-12 servers with different worlds... a single player could never, ever dominate - no matter how much they spent. sure, they'd be a valued asset, but just one part of an overall strategy.

and then i get to qonqr and we've got a dozen people in all of chicago and 10 of them are faceless... :P

so much potential... so few players.

yeah... the whole thing would be moot if somehow qonqr would acquire more users. can you imagine if each faction had 100+ players? it would be insane! i compare it with half a dozen other mobile war games i've played, where your alliances are typically 100 members, and there's at least 25 of those alliances in each world filled with active players, on any one of 10-12 servers with different worlds... a single player could never, ever dominate - no matter how much they spent. sure, they'd be a valued asset, but just one part of an overall strategy.

and then i get to qonqr and we've got a dozen people in all of chicago and 10 of them are faceless... :P

so much potential... so few players.

in theory but humans are sycophantic creatures, in my experience those you talk about often end up with an army of zombie followers.

this is the problem - it is much easier for a multiscoper to get around the 'rules' whitout incurring any penalty other that not getting to deploy 24/7 with both or all scopes. however for real people it is relatively easy still [but not as easy for multiscopers] but they pay the penalty of each player not getting to maximise their scope as well as not getting to enjoy the game fully.

it was a dreadful decision to announce multiscoping was legal now [and then hastily add on 'but we don't approve'

^ This. The API is a backwards step too, but that's for another discussion...

The funny thing is though, is that synclocking people can also work against you. My SWMBO was just pottering about, attacking zones of a few thousand bots no one was interested in. Then someone synclocked us. Bad move, never **** off a Geordie woman. Now she's playing nearly as much as me and we've been giving the Legion concerned a good hammering.

I think synclock has encouraged multiscoping. Good for the devs in the short term as it's raising more money for them. Bad in the medium/long term as the game will get a bad reputation and potential players will pass it by. I think that before synclocking, players were very tentative about it in case they were banned; now we all know it's OK to multiscope, we just have to pay for the priviledge.

I think synclock has encouraged multiscoping. Good for the devs in the short term as it's raising more money for them. Bad in the medium/long term as the game will get a bad reputation and potential players will pass it by. I think that before synclocking, players were very tentative about it in case they were banned; now we all know it's OK to multiscope, we just have to pay for the priviledge.

100% with you on this one thought, if you look at atlantis prime (currently held by legion) the top 15 only has 1 player which isn't either inoculated, or able to be sync-locked with each other.

Even more concerning, if you look into the all time atlantis stats, the only Legion which isn't able to be sync locked is "RikyRos" (On 'ya riky).

While it works in some situations, it leaves the door open for some game breaking 3m stacking a day multi'ing which is mental.

100% with you on this one thought, if you look at atlantis prime (currently held by legion) the top 15 only has 1 player which isn't either inoculated, or able to be sync-locked with each other.

Even more concerning, if you look into the all time atlantis stats, the only Legion which isn't able to be sync locked is "RikyRos" (On 'ya riky).

While it works in some situations, it leaves the door open for some game breaking 3m stacking a day multi'ing which is mental.

LUUUF has a point, elite players get free innoculations and if they have a partner/relative/best mate who plays then understandably they will innoculate.

although it is a fairly tempting conlcusion to make normally.

re your point, personally i don't mind. if atlantis is drawing all the multiscopers over to it then maybe it does serve a purpose after all.

it does seem that those who wanted a F2P map as well as a P2W map are getting what they want - all teh whales are fighting over atlantis and everyone else is just carrying on as normal in the real world.