1. 1. Payout 10 million qredits to top 100 in winning faction

• Too high
    • Too low
    • Just right
  2. 2. Harvesting Boost for all members of winning faction

• 10% too high
    • 10% too low
    • 10% just right

Love the idea of the rewards! Great incentive to play. Both personal and team rewards are great.

DON'T like the idea of applying the rewards to this month. This reward needs to be posted before playing.

IF IT WAS FACELESS WINNING IT WOULDN'T MATTER. IT IS A GOOD BONUS.

should of used a comma, at the hospital reading forums while my friend is in the E.R.

"playing, honestly"

Yes, I hope your friend is ok. Amazing what a difference a comma can make!

IF IT WAS FACELESS WINNING IT WOULDN'T MATTER. IT IS A GOOD BONUS.

I am not one that launches into Atlantis, so I don't care too much. You can't really think finding Atlantis merits the same points as the other awards that get 8 points. And why must you always post in all caps, do you yell all the time?

I am not one that launches into Atlantis, so I don't care too much. You can't really think finding Atlantis merits the same points as the other awards that get 8 points. And why must you always post in all caps, do you yell all the time?

NOPE, NOT YELLING.

I DON'T EVEN NOTICE. AT WORK. DOING SOME DATA ANALYSIS AND ALL THAT GOOD STUFF. Some will be caps, SOME WONT.

I do agree with you though, I'm from Vegas and I am pretty much alone. So I can't focus on Atlantis 100% of the time, but it is something new, enjoy it. We were all playing it not knowing we were getting Creds, now people will buy cubes and launch more. Good Marketing scheme if u ask me.

To be honest, during the 1st Atlantis us Illinois faceless lauched quite a bit. Several of us did. During this Atlantis I don't know of more than 2 or Illinois faceless that launched. If it makes Legion and swarm feel all warm and fuzzy inside to say they dominated then, by all means, you won this months event. Means nothing to me, take a look at the Illinois map. You wil see a state that has been turned mostly purple. That is way more important to me then Atlantis. I'm glad the devs came up with it for the players who like it.

Haven't even looked. Might do, now that I'm in Legion for the next couple of months or so. But it still looks to be a spendathon to make a mark.

To be honest, during the 1st Atlantis us Illinois faceless lauched quite a bit. Several of us did. During this Atlantis I don't know of more than 2 or Illinois faceless that launched. If it makes Legion and swarm feel all warm and fuzzy inside to say they dominated then, by all means, you won this months event. Means nothing to me, take a look at the Illinois map. You wil see a state that has been turned mostly purple. That is way more important to me then Atlantis. I'm glad the devs came up with it for the players who like it.

Same thing with Toronto Faceless, a lot of us participated in the first one, and most launched once or twice into this one and chose to take over local swarm zones instead. From a timing standpoint, why would you not announce the award/structure for the next round of Atlantis so everyone knows what to expect?

Thanks for all the comments folks. Here are a few points that may help clarify the discussion.

The Faceless invited me to their GroupMe to discuss Atlantis. We arranged a meeting time hours in advance and there were dozens of people on the chat. I am happy to have a townhall meeting with any LARGE group of players that can be pulled together. I had a similar chat in the previous month with the Seattle cross faction GroupMe folks. I love talking to our players, but I'm still working 60-80 hours a week these days, so I ask if you request a town hall meeting you have a large group show up to make the best use of my time away from writing code.

I understand the concern people have of awarding bonuses to players after announcing them in the middle of the battle. Doing so would indicate we are rewarding people who play Atlantis because they enjoy it, not because they are playing for a payday. I guess I'm OK with that, but we will discuss it internally as a team.

We will re-evaluate the medal points. Earning the medal would put those players is a very exclusive club and the points may not be as important as the prestige.

Atlantis has always been designed to be an alternate place for players to play. Players who will prefer Atlantis:

1. Dominate their area and crush all newcomers before they can give any real competition.

2. Are completely overrun in their home town and cannot make any traction at home.

3. Are in a remote part of the world where there is no one else to play with.

4. Want to play with their friends that are in other cities or countries.

Atlantis will not be the primary focus of the game for many players and some will never elect to play in this temporary world, but rather focus on their home turf. Atlantis is not the only thing we care about now. The developers have shifted back to features that are not Atlantis related.

10 million qredits sounds like a lot but that averages out to less than one extra harvest per day for a month for each player in the top 100. Even if a single player was able to grab 10% of the prize my estimates indicate it probably cost them about this much in cubes (given a good exchange) and credits to have enough launches to grab 10% of the prize. Based on the data I see in the database, the ROI of winning Atlantis for most players will be a marginal net gain and in some cases a loss for heavy cubers. We approached the qredits payout from the point of "winning back some of our investment in Atlantis." It is unlikely that winning Atlantis will be a huge financial gain for most players.

We propose awarding the qredits per launch for a few reasons:

1. Lower level players and players who can't afford the expensive ordinance can't get the same kill counts as the top players. This levels the playing field for them. This is the opposite of making the rich richer.

2. Everyone is incentivized to launch as much as they can, because every launch increases their potential payout. No coasting at the finish line, no matter if you are on the winning or losing faction.

3. Those who decide to cube refreshes in Atlantis, will get more launches and a bigger piece of the prize. It is still a bad payback for using cubes, but it is something. (don't cube to win Atlantis qredits, just go exchange them in the depot)

As always, I appreciate the discussion.

These discover achievements will be the rarest in the game. In order to get them you need to invest a lot of time, at the right time and get more than a little lucky.

This time next year there will only be a max of 12 players (possibly less) with the achievement. This is far, far less than the number of players with 1,000 ordinance or 100% scope, or any of the other +8 achievements.

It gives people an incentive to go hunting, and players still can't reach the max rank without getting a couple of the hidden achievements, so I really don't see the issue.

It is now difficult to coment on anything on this thread given that I was part of the winning faction. For those who are "crying" "its not fair you should have said this before the contest" - well in a way this is like war - sometimes you don't know all the possible rewards of a battle until after the battle is complete (or in this case right at the end). Sometimes the rewards are bigger or smaller than you expected - and sometimes you come up empty handed (or get a bonus).

I like how the ratio is based on launches - not because of my return but because it treats all equally - some like to stack they should be rewarded the same as those who like to destroy bots. Likewise if it was based on remaining bots - it means the attack force is not rewarded and it could all depend on which towers go untouched.

Re the rank points - my question to those complaining about 8 points - how many of you actually did any searching - yes this one was near a coast line - but was still not what I will call obvious. It will be a rare event to get this. To say that you might start at a lower number and build up - well the chances of being the 1st to find it is slim - to back up and do it at a future atlantis is even slimer. I would agree with maybe 4 points for the first find and 8 for the 2nd - but 1 definitely undersells it and 2 - well thats capturing 10 zones (and under sells it). We also have to be carefull measuring time - you might say that getting to 10m kills cost xx time but you are not playing that whole time - if you search for 5 hours - you are searching for 5 hours - think how many kills you could get if your scope never went red and you could deploy for 5 hours - that is the sort of level for any medal we are talking - and furure atlantis may take a lot longer than this if they are middle of ocean based - there is a lot of ocean out there.

I think it's absolutely ludicrous that you have announced rewards in the middle of the battle. It's pretty disappointing. Most of us didn't bother with Atlantis because it lacked reward.

I would listen to the concerns of others and make an intelligent decision on handing out rewards AFTER the fact as it's irking quite a few people.

These discover achievements will be the rarest in the game. In order to get them you need to invest a lot of time, at the right time and get more than a little lucky.

This time next year there will only be a max of 12 players (possibly less) with the achievement. This is far, far less than the number of players with 1,000 ordinance or 100% scope, or any of the other +8 achievements.

It gives people an incentive to go hunting, and players still can't reach the max rank without getting a couple of the hidden achievements, so I really don't see the issue.

+8 is also for 15k ordinance, 50m bot kills etc, im not sure how many people have them but that is the work of a year or so not a few days. harvest 10m qredits is not done over night [might be 15m qredits i forget]

Well, the reward was announced as late surprise but not after the end of Atlantis battle- which means everyone was aware of it. So i think it would be unwise to refuse such a pleasing offer. Although Qredits divided among 100 players won't give a significant individual payoff for all those hard work but still i see no harm in providing the prize to those who earned it.

To criticize against the reward would be nothing less than childish act or looser act.

Most of us didn't bother with Atlantis because it lacked reward.

This is perhaps the thing that is encouraging me to give out the award the most. Had everyone had this attitude, no one would have played Atlantis and our months of development work would have been a complete waste of time. Instead, those who did participate launched into Atlantis a quarter of a million deployments in 15 days just for the fun of it. Their activity gave us the data we needed to verify some of our mechanics and answer some questions on the implementation. Those people made Atlantis a success, and to Roosterman's point, they get a surprise bonus.

QONQR has retroactively awarded rank points for new medals in the past, if we have the data to determine the award was earned. We have a new "status" that will be announced in a couple weeks and some will find they already have it on the day of the announcement. Retroactive awards are not new in QONQR.

Which is better? To offer a prize in order to motivate the faction? or to reward the faction who expected no surprise gift, but just helped support each other?

I think when people do things without asking "what's in it for me?" it is more impressive than battling for credits.

If for some reason you ever do atlantis again i'd suggest a lower reward since now people know it exists. Additionally id suggest making it MUCH less time. It takes up over half a month. Time which could be spent on our immediate threats, homelands and tactical maneuvers. How about skip the "finding it" part and open the whole thing for like 5 days total. Short and sweet. get in, get stuff done get back home to protect your villages and improve zone quality of wrong colored zones. Just a thought.

+8 is also for 15k ordinance, 50m bot kills etc, im not sure how many people have them but that is the work of a year or so not a few days. harvest 10m qredits is not done over night [might be 15m qredits i forget]

We aren't suggesting it should be one of the 'hidden' awards (Though a 'The Explorer' or 'The Discoverer' optional title could be really cool)

Saying it would take 5 hours is utterly ludicrous. Between slow zone load times, limited map space and the restrictive 'Please Zoom in to see zones' the achievement is anything but a walk in the park. For every other person searching there is a greater chance you won't get there first. The "Kill 10m" achievement (at 1k kills per shot) requires 250 shots a day for 40 days. Doing this isn't too unreasonable, and even if its dropped to 800 (for galvs in zone) its still under 2 months.

This means that all you need is 2 people searching and the achievements are balanced. Any more searchers (whom there will likely be) and you could argue its too difficult.

QONQR has retroactively awarded rank points for new medals in the past, if we have the data to determine the award was earned. We have a new "status" that will be announced in a couple weeks and some will find they already have it on the day of the announcement. Retroactive awards are not new in QONQR.

This wouldn't happen to be a double sized tank purchasable with qubes would it? because exciting much!

Also, I posted this elsewhere, but I think the achievement for finding atlantis would more appropriately be "Fire into Atlantis before activated" or something along those lines. You could spin it so its either fire before *all* factions or while only your faction has discovered it. This means you are working with your faction, rather than against them for this achievement, which should always be prioritised. also means there is no underhanded efforts to try and control who gets 2nd and 3rd discoveries (because this will primarily be controlled by who 1st tells). Could then scale up for 2nd, 3th and 5th discovery or something, for 2, 4 and 8 points respectively. Also allows for a hidden achievement at 10 (or 15).

This achievement system fits a lot better with the flow and style of the game to this point, and ticks better boxes than the original.

Just my 2 cents :)

We aren't suggesting it should be one of the 'hidden' awards (Though a 'The Explorer' or 'The Discoverer' optional title could be really cool)

Saying it would take 5 hours is utterly ludicrous. Between slow zone load times, limited map space and the restrictive 'Please Zoom in to see zones' the achievement is anything but a walk in the park. For every other person searching there is a greater chance you won't get there first. The "Kill 10m" achievement (at 1k kills per shot) requires 250 shots a day for 40 days. Doing this isn't too unreasonable, and even if its dropped to 800 (for galvs in zone) its still under 2 months.

This means that all you need is 2 people searching and the achievements are balanced. Any more searchers (whom there will likely be) and you could argue its too difficult.

my point is the hidden awards get 8 rank points. i have no idea how long it takes to find atlantis but i'll lay any money against it being harder than getting a hidden award.....

I don't know whether or not it would be harder, but that is not at all relevant to whether or not it is deserving of +8 achievement points.

If we compare everything to the most difficult to acquire achievement then we would also have to nerf the achievement points on 1k ordinance or 10m bot kills. Whats important is the category it gets sorted in, and if they do go ahead with this achievement rather than an alternative it will by no means be the easiest +8 achievement to gain, and is therefore not an irrationally large number of points.

This is perhaps the thing that is encouraging me to give out the award the most. Had everyone had this attitude, no one would have played Atlantis and our months of development.......

So you would take a job that doesn't pay for a month even though you were told you were just hired for a job that pays well next month?If you really wanted to test your development with a sample size 3 times the amount, you could have announced a reward at the start. If this is really about rewarding people for helping test development, where was the reward for the first time Atlantis? I believe you guys got an immense amount of data from that....