The Official QONQR Community Forums
Silver

Ranks

I did final testing on the next version of the Windows Phone in prod last night (you have noticed that the server is already updated). I will run through one more time then release to the Marketplace this morning.

HTC 7 Trop

That's wild. I have the same version #, no ranks. You (and everyone else) show up as Private when I do a search. What type of phone are using?

HTC 7 Trophy (WP7). Happened just as willie says. It just appeared overnight without an app update.

I'm not 100% sure why some people see the updated ranks and others don't. I have a theory, but since it wasn't a breaking change, I didn't investigate. Sorta busy with other stuff. Everyone will see the updated ranks with the new clients. I submitted the WP7 on Thursday last week. The iPhone is going through final review tonight, then will be submitted to Apple.

I'm not 100% sure why some people see the updated ranks and others don't. I have a theory, but since it wasn't a breaking change, I didn't investigate. Sorta busy with other stuff. Everyone will see the updated ranks with the new clients. I submitted the WP7 on Thursday last week. The iPhone is going through final review tonight, then will be submitted to Apple.

Sweet, thats great news Silver! I will look forward to the next update eagerly.

On a somewhat tangential note, I want to applaud you and the rest of the Qonqr team for all of your hard work. I know that we're a demanding user community, but I'm sure by now you realize that it's only because we like Qonqr so much. We're on board with your vision of a kick-*** geolocational game, and while we may not say it very often, we do appreciate all that you do to make that a reality, especially the transparency and honesty of your forum interactions. You and your team are awesome.

The game is a lot of fun. The involvement of the community though, particularly the developers, makes it something I've stayed excited about. That's not common for mobile games for me. Kudos Silver!

NOW GET ME THAT UPDATE!!!! ;-)

This is cool, but I have 30 rank points (which would make me a sergeant) but I am still showing in the app as a private. BTW I am on WP8.

Edited by thelilgeek

I've got some bugs with the ranks update I just applied...

1. Listing me as Private on the top of all screens, but says I have enough points to be Sargent.

2, When I go to look at my ranks, my profile picture changes.

3. Profile picture changes when I go to awards as well.

4. Some of my awards are missing...

Everything else seems to still be solid.

I think some of the dates are wrong on my rank stats. Has all the info been saved on the server since day one?

Example:

Harvest 1k resources 2012-11-21

Harvest 100k resources 2012-11-21

I have been playing since April, no way did I harvest 100K resources for the first time in November.

Looks like I got both "Private First Class" and "Corporal" on that day as well.

Any info on this silver?

11/21/2012 was when these features were first implemented. The only achievement that will have a date older than this will be when you obtained your Private rank, which will equal your account creation date.

Retroactively going through logs to determine when you actually crossed that threshold, though possible, would have slowed down the release of these new fields quite a bit.

This approach (when was it available to be obtained on the server vs when did you actually satisfy that new rule in the past) is something that even big game companies do. Just look at Blizzard and when they release new achievements.

Hope this helps.

I was logging on to ask the same question (about it still showing private rank). The uninstall/reinstall fixed all those issues but I lost my cubes when i updated and the reinstall did not bring them back