The Official QONQR Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kirra

new iPhone on the horizon means...?

ding ding ding!!!

yep you guessed it, more multiscopes. =)

windows and android have their lil incremental updates all year long, but "most" people with an iphone buy a solid number one. meaning those witb a 4 or 5 will be jumping to a 6 via their 2 year upgrades.

what about the people with a 4s or 5s? don't worry no one buys those. =p

so come september, i expect a nice influx of "new" accounts.

who knows, i could be wrong, maybe people will trade in their old phones to gamestop and buy a wii u! haha, right.

I still don't understand why an account can't be tied to a phone number (like whatsapp is). That would immediately rid the game of 90% of multiscopers as whoever has a phone should have a number for it, right? Obviously those with work mobiles would escape this but would cut down alot of them, surely?

Personal information cannot be required.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13561238/app-rejected-on-17-2-clause-asking-for-email-id

We could always apply for an exception but we don't want to run the risk of an critical update being hung up for days on this issue.

As for my answer to your question: A new update to iOS has always meant QONQR will spend months and many thousands of dollars making the app work again because Apple can't maintain backwards compatibility.

the iOS app is pretty rock solid now. notifications work with push, the map no longer crashes while trying to load dense areas, and i haven't heard of any issues among friends who play on their ipads as well.

Personal information cannot be required.

http://stackoverflow...ng-for-email-id

We could always apply for an exception but we don't want to run the risk of an critical update being hung up for days on this issue.

As for my answer to your question: A new update to iOS has always meant QONQR will spend months and many thousands of dollars making the app work again because Apple can't maintain backwards compatibility.

personally i would never have got into this game if it needed me to provide a phone number to join

Hmm that's a shame Silver. I'm sure there is more to it than I realize but wouldn't days of delay be worth the restored faith of the Qonqr community (I know, a bit wshy-washy lol). But the app runs pretty solid as far as I know, Can't recall ever having any major problems playing at any point and any new features being implemented in the updates I would be more than happy to wait for a few more days for the sake of a better state of play for all. If it was weeks/months/years of delay I could understand that...

I understand that by critical updates you may also be talking about support for new devices etc on the market, but if the iOS update is causing such delays then surely this must be a splash in the pond by comparison to circumnavigate? I wish I understood more of your line of work so that I could find a better solution :(

@Tru It's not that you would have to enter your number into a form, I was meaning more like Watsapp does it that as soon as you install it, it pairs the two to each other. And these days if someone REALLY wants to find you, they will do so... IP addresses etc are so easy to trace, if someone wanted to locate you they could do it that way just as easily from your posts in these forums buddy ;) Lol, are you in witness protection or just trying to avoid your many Qonqr stalkers? ;p

On a side note, just had another money-making thought on this idea actually Silver. There is quite a few services, etc out there these days that offer txt notifications (OBVIOUSLY an option that can be disabled) for a set price... 10c a text or sumthing like that. For those that want to be notified even when they don't have data signal to their phone that a base/zone has been taken.

Might not work cos the person would need data signal to do something about it (maybe it encourages them to get to somewhere with signal tho) but just another thought I'd mention to ya :)

iOS will probably require another update when the new phones come because apple likes picking random screen resolutions that don't scale properly.

you could always do it then maybe?

or, something as simple as linking your Qonqr account to your apple id? theres a bunch of games that save your account info across iphone/ipad so that if you play on one and load it up on the other you pick up right where you left off cuz it uses the cloud to save.

i'm not sure how that type of implementation works though, but gameloft is pretty good about protecting their apps.

I didn't think many people kept old smart phones, especially when you can get a 100 squid for it, hmmmm lovely chewy rings of calamari covered in breadcrumbs :rolleyes: