The Official QONQR Community Forums
helipilot

The "multi"-state paradox

Speaking as a player of qonqr for over a year now this game has changed dramatically. The game started(for me) as a war game. A game where if you got an army of friends, family, or bar regulars you could own a patch of; made up, google map looking, plot of land. Your own home. In a game. Now, these players are being left behind. These old Skool players of elite status(from all factions) are being pushed out, and thrown to the curb for the multi state. I laughed at the idea when presented with the sync lock. I was appalled when the devs basically made multiscoping legal and told you how to do it! Really? Since I myself am an elite player and have a girlfriend that plays I am sync locked by local legion daily because we play around each other constantly. They know it, but still use it as a weapon to Keep us spending money and/or half the day trying to get out of sync lock. I am an elite player. I get auto sync locked but she doesn't want to pay to play. I don't blame her. Even in the short time of playing, she sees the stupidity of it... This is called the multi state paradox. It keeps money flowing to the devs, and gives incentives to the multiscopers to, well, multiscope and chew up real couples while spending money... All because they can't do it on their own, they haven't done any leg work to get people recruited. Much easier to buy a device and go to town shifting the power to themselves, with wifi.

Recently faceless had a 2 hour discussion on how to reward players and faction of Atlantis. We did not know that conversation would be so significant that it would be implemented within a week to a test run of Atlantis. That was not a cool move... If everyone in the beginning had known that the game may have ended differently. Massive amounts off $ was spent as I watched swarm leap out guns blazing. Good for you guys! Waste of money. All the grunt zones were dominated by multiscopes, and probably 25% of it was hit by multiscopes as well. I know of many multiscopes in my area. And from the groupme chats, many more not in my area. I hear daily from the chats how things are changing. And to be honest. It is becoming a chore to play. It is not fun. I have stopped paying to play recently because it's a lost cause. A real war or war game is fought by one person on one device... Not a bunch of fake people just bullying everyone else.

I digress, during this 2 hour chat with silver faceless strongly suggested killing off wifi only devices, I fully support this and urge silver to do it as quick as possible. Mainly because I want the game back. I want a fair fight. I want it to be fun again...

I wish I had the following and knew all the faceless. Id get a groupme chat going so **** big and have every faceless player switch factions and quit to prove a point... What would legion do without faceless? Swarm would be dominated in a week and they'd get bored and quit because they love knocking down our towers (not complaining just saying most legion don't stack)

And this is the paradox... Devs want money but shove this down the throats of the elite and devote players, so multiscopes keep the people with money winning. And kills off the newest of players just trying to get a foothold.. And when players like me try and help them ...we get yelled at by multiscopers that the mentors, are in fact trying to help get thier own multiscopes get up and running. Ha! And sigh... /rant.

You read that whole thing?! Good for you... This multistate game is killing itself by killing off the new and old players in droves. Who knows? Maybe qonqr 2 will be better, I hear it's due out in 2013! ;)

Well, the game is a business right? They gotta find new ways to get players to pay to play. They don't make much off the free players. So inevitably its a harsh reality. You don't have play, and you don't have to pay. So when you really look at Qonqr as a whole, all it is, is a small business with poor customer service with a community increasingly becoming toxic.

Stop expecting players to be the investors. I'm elite, so I should think carefully before I speak, but why not compartmentalize cubers and free to play. Or go out, get a loan, hire a team, advertise on something that isn't a blog. We can't recruit, do it for us. Make money. I'm tired of this game burning players. Really, I don't feel burned, but its caused a GIANT rift in the community that I once loved. Get it right

@strat... It is a business. My point being in any business you want to keep your base money coming in, and expand that. The state of the game now is multiscopes. With them around it cuts the base elite players money paying in, and also overwhelms new players effectively stopping them from playing and paying in. All for what? The ability of one person to have 2 to 5 accounts? That person won't pay in on a multi account. Just overwhelming numbers to force out competition.

@gmen. I agree. Id be living large if I worked at AT&T or Verizon store. Every **** phone would have an account hahahaha ... Sigh

I play off of WiFi and I am alone and do not multiscope and this seems wrong to cut off the players not having data plans and or active phone device. While I have less mobility with WiFi only I also have to work hard to find allies that are stable. There are a lot of reasons to play like a immobile missile bunker and also I don't buy cubes and have yet to experience sync lock due to low density of players where I am.

yea heli has a point. it's far cheaper and easier to multiscope than buy cubes. plus multiscopes don't care about spoofing and autolaunching their way to victory because they're usually assisting a main account, and i doubt anyone wants to risk their main by doing stupid stuff like that.

they may have to adopt a player model that adds power for being more connected. i.e. if you link up your facebook, twitter, phone number, email and groupme profile, you gain a 5% across the board increase in attack/defense/bot tank/energy and another 5% for linking each of those to your main account with tight privacy settings.

if you cant get rid of multiscopes than you can at least decrease their detrimental effect by buffing "real" players' accounts.

just food for thought, since a subscription model idea has been firmly declined.

Hi

I had quite the same thinking.

But more of this I don't understand why paying! Where is the fun?

Would you pay also to ride you bicycle faster?

Hey it's just a game!!!

. I disagree w the banning of wifi only devices because if they were banned I couldn't play nor my local ally. ik more would b affected and if anything the devs could/would lose income or at least some players

I play off of WiFi and I am alone and do not multiscope and this seems wrong to cut off the players not having data plans and or active phone device. While I have less mobility with WiFi only I also have to work hard to find allies that are stable. There are a lot of reasons to play like a immobile missile bunker and also I don't buy cubes and have yet to experience sync lock due to low density of players where I am.

I too play only over Wifi at the moment as I have recently changed countries and am still looking for work so can't afford a plan with a lovely juicy high-data cap on it. So I tend to agree this is a stupid idea and wouldn't really solve the problem as changing a sim between devices is just as easy and would make this a pointless effort. I to hate the situation but at least instead of creating a topic to winge about it, how about adding some thought-provoking wisdom and solutions to the 100 other topics on this forum detailing this problem. Better still, how about reading some of the other suggestions and maybe showing your support to those or tweaking them into a real-world solution that can benefit all. I mentioned in one topic the idea of tying phone numbers to accounts. I have also made alot of suggestions in other topics too, some possibly worthy, others people found holes in them (which is fine, i can't think of every angle). Bottom line, be constructive, think out your idea, detail the pro's (AND THE CONS!) and present it to us all here in the forums... I guarantee if it's a good idea the devs will see it! They are JUST as eager to keep their potential customers happy I assure you! ;)

they may have to adopt a player model that adds power for being more connected. i.e. if you link up your facebook, twitter, phone number, email and groupme profile, you gain a 5% across the board increase in attack/defense/bot tank/energy and another 5% for linking each of those to your main account with tight privacy settings.

if you cant get rid of multiscopes than you can at least decrease their detrimental effect by buffing "real" players' accounts.

just food for thought, since a subscription model idea has been firmly declined.

Good idea Kirra! Running phony accounts on Twitter, Facebook, etc just for the benefit of Qonqr might be too much effort and they would get shut down by the respective devs eventually too, I'm sure. Not sure about those that don't want to have such accounts (or have them tied to the game, etc. You know how sensitive ppl are these days about data sharing) but it is yet another possible solution :)