The Official QONQR Community Forums
Kirra

iPhone 6 or a nokia lumia?

Being a Windows Phone user for 3 months, I can tell you: iPhone. WP app store is terrible, amongst other reasons already detailed.

Then again, iPhone has Ingress and you might leave QONQR. Oh noes!

For me its iPhone all the way. It really does depend on what you want out of the phone. Do you care about the build quality? Do you care about things like wireless charging (pointless if there is no range to it), does it bother you that certain things are restricted on IOS? Maybe the freedom of Android is better for you.

However i have not had the pleasure of trying a windows phone. Been very tempted but just to "test" out rather then use as my main phone. Love testing gadgets/phones etc and not done this sort of thing in a while. I like that Windows have made, what looks like, a concious effort to be different. Android's birth was basically a copy of IOS. Not That Android is bad. Its just buggier (is that a word?) than IOS.

Side note: Battery life of an iPhone. Out of the box it is poor at best. There are certain settings that are on by default that they should have set to off. Most users will never need them on and they drain the battery heavily. Very silly of them as most users will not know the cause of the drain and will give up on a product that only lasts half a day. Let me know if you want to know more about this but i suspect most people are already aware of this.

It has become a copy cat industry. First everyone copies iPhone. Android gets some features that people love. IOS copies them. Jailbreak community then releases some popular features. Android and IOS copies them. The thing to remember is that its about finding a product that suits your needs. I can easily say that iPhones are an infinitely better build quality then most other phones but that might be irrelevant to you.

Dont be fooled by processor speed tests either (benchmark tests). I think it was the end of last year that a couple of companies got caught cheating on them. Samsung was one of them.

Its healthy to have competition in this market. Its good to have them all constantly trying to better the next. And there there are some good features on all 3 (IOS, Windows, Android). Its also nice that they are not all 100% the same, even with all the rip offs.

Agreed with Arab's copycat thing.

GUI is really the selling point, I forgot to mention. You need something you like and can use. For me, that's iPhone but I'm stuck with this ****ing Lumia for 9 months.

Have fun with your bent iPhone 6+ or your 100 updates that will come with ios8. At this point as a technical support coordinator I wouldn't sell an iPhone to my mother, so I wont recommend it to you. Get a phone that will work as advertised for the entire time you have it. In my experience, that's going to be a Nokia Lumia. They even just released two new ones!

haha no one in my family liked the iphone 6's so three people on the family plan got the on sale 64gb iphone 5s's and love 'em.

2 of them have never had a smartphone so teaching them has been tiresome.

ios8 will never been installed on their phones lol, and no thx to bent phones =p

I'll agree that I love my Lumia. I have the odd ball Lumia 928 (and have had it for almost 3 yrs now with no problems or plans to upgrade), but it has picture quality that rivals the newest phones and I have had absolutely no software problems unlike my androids and iPhones before. The qonqor platform is easily accessible AND switches over from app to internet page and back way easier and faster than my fathers S5 or my sisters iPhone 5. Windows Phone all the way!