The Official QONQR Community Forums
KALKIN

State of Atlantis

Atlantis - refreshes and duration   

32 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a ban on refreshes in Atlantis?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should the duration of Atlantis be reduced to 5 days or less?

• Yes
    • No

Greetings guys,

Atlantis was a major fun for me. I personally enjoyed it big time. Its a kind of team building experience for every faction. :D But its too long and being such its just too often. :( Perhaps it should be a 4 day experience -Thursday to Sunday. On top of everything, no team work, tactics or strategies of any kind will work unless there is a limit to usage of refreshes. Even better - simply no refreshes allowed. If this is done, Atlantis will become e a pure Qonqr fun and the players will even get adrenaline rush. :wub:

At the current state of Atlantis we all know that the heavy cubers will use refreshes to beat everyone to a pulp. So, there is not much of an incentive for the non-cuber players to participate. The players with unlimited refreshes spoil all the fun. :wacko:

Now, the question is what is better for Qonqr - to have 20-30 heavy cubers beating the bejesus out of each other /because eventually all non-cubers will leave Atlantis/, or have 500+ players enjoying a fair, pure fight. I am not against using cubes, au contraire, the more cubes - the better. I simply and sincerely believe its better to ban refreshes in Atlantis. Just the refreshes, nothing more.

There is another option - to have two different Atlantis /VIP and a normal one/ - in the normal one refreshes will not be allowed. I am sure that if this is put to the test, there are going to be less players left in the VIP Atlantis.

I would also like to thank my legionnaire comrades from all over the world, who stood strong during the fight and stood firm all the way to the bitter end. :)

With kind regards,

Kalkin

Refreshes are a significant part of the gameplay and as such they shouldn't be banned. In order to make the event more appealing to the vast majority of non-paying players, a limitation to the number of refreshes that can be used per day/player could be set. Furthermore , an "Atlantis Pack" of refreshes could be made available for purchase at a lower price than regular refresh packs, to give the opportunity to those who never spend or spend a little to try it.

The refresh limitation should be considered not only for the Atlantis Event but for the regular game too, as excessive use tends to destroy the competition and, long-term speaking, shrink the fanbase of qonqr in which the game relies on.

I think refreshers are a huge part of game play but i think they are unfair when it comes to the number of players in each faction. I like some of the ideas presented here because then it makes the so called "heavy cubers" less of a factor and the dedication of the team as a whole a greater factor. I'll be honest, i like my share of cubing but in an event where the numbers of players in a faction aren't equal, i think some balancing has to happen.

thanks guys for a good fight. It was fun

Aces

PS. 10 days or whatever is Way to long. Most players are easily burnt out by at least day 5

I don't think it should be so long either. However, the setup is rather nice in that there are zones that don't allow refreshes or recharges already and there are ones that do.

Let people use refreshes. It gives the devs money, and the people that are spending hundreds of dollars will probably not do so for very many Atlantis battles. Time will tell, but we haven't given Atlantis enough battles to really start changing the rules imo.

Atlantis is a marathon, not a sprint. I like the length of Atlantis as it is. The only thing I would suggest is to limit the stacking period at the beginning down to 2-3 days to encourage more mayhem during the attack phase.

I also think while qubes can be frustrating when they being used by enemy factions, I don't see why the devs can't get paid for the work they put into developing this aspect of the game.

I like the length of Atlantis. And the refreshers, frankly anywhere. Super cubers.... It not very true to life. Battle enhancement usually has a price. I suppose you could say your paying for monetarily, but it has no side effects. Steroids, refreshers are like freaking steroids. After you use them for a while your :o:blink::unsure: should be falling off! Well, wouldn't be good for business that way... but there should be some eventual penalty, a price for enhanced play maybe? You know... Feels good when you start, then you can't stop and for awhile you shoot less and less bots with every shot? or those bots maybe weaken, more fragile?

My thoughts...

Thanks Legion dudes! We tried to give them a run for their cubes!

DrEvad_Sir

I like the length of Atlantis as well. I'd personally like to see it become a rare event. Community events should be routine, maybe do something similar in various states, for any player in the region, or make a national contest, but 15 days or whatever it was was a good length. The world level cant happen monthly though, its exhausting on that scale. Maybe 2x per year

.. Holiday event... But Id love to see similar things happen on a much smaller scale. I'd love PA Legion and PA Faceless to be able to all square off as locals. Plus that pressures surrounding states to help provide support to the locals, it becomes more strategic at that level.

(sorry for any readability issues, its 2am here. I cant sleep and I'm thinking about QONQR...)

Out of the 6 zones 3 shouldn't allow refreshes along with any other handicaps already on the zone (Grunt being for players under lvl 100, etc.) It would be interesting if the factions could vote on which zones would be handicapped to keep things interesting. But I do enjoy Atlantis because it allows you to practice different strategies. Like Melee being ordinance free, and Clover being refresh free.

However, it would be nice if the Atlantis competition would be longer apart. Whether its every other month or 8 - 10 days in total a change there would be nice.

PAF

~Death_Stroke

My thoughts,

Three or less zones per faction, one prime for tiebreaker.

No grunt zone, became multiscope heaven. Even though it is legal now, it shouldn't mean it should be glorified.

A melee zone as is

A faction main, most bot types, including support, but no diverts, no refreshes or recharges.

A named faction zone, free for all, no support bots, named after lead in previous Atlantis.

Prime, free for all, no support bots. Some kind of random affect in Prime would make it interesting, something negative, lats fail temporarily, for faction leading or something positive, zas temporarily do shock damage, for one of factions not; note not both at the same time, and nothing that would be an immediate game changer; all defenses reduced to 0 shield or something similarly over powered.

Time, one day to stack, prime open day one to all, but no refreshes first day. Day two to five all zones open. Five days total.

Future more randomness, no prime zone, or, three days instead of five, or, one zone each and prime, or faction zones prestacked with unknown enemy where the goal is for each faction to take back zones, whoever completes take back first wins, or just prime controlled by unknown enemy where all factions have to work together, with top individuals gaining accolades only, etc...

the more rules and conditions you add to atlantis just makes me not want to bother.

for an event that is worldwide and containing people of every ethnicity and language, make it really really simple and give it basic mechanics.

keep it fun =)

the more rules and conditions you add to atlantis just makes me not want to bother.

for an event that is worldwide and containing people of every ethnicity and language, make it really really simple and give it basic mechanics.

keep it fun =)

Completely agree, it's the golden rule for anything... The KISS principle: Keep It Simple Stupid... The more rules and more complicated and over-thought things are, the less enjoyable they are and the harder they are to manage :)

I like the concept of 3 zones with the different basic traits. Combined with one prime zone that is 'condition-free' and a free for all. Anything else involved in winning should just come down to teamwork, tactics, and hard work. And for all those bickering about double-teaming etc: You are forgetting how 'war' works. Think of all the IRL wars that have happened. Who won ANY of them going it alone? And how often have all factions teamed up with others OUTSIDE of Atlantis? Sure, not all operatives have, but at some point all factions have. Get over it, it's the way war works. In any case it just adds another element cos in Atlantis only one faction can take the rewards, so when it comes to the crunch even cross-faction teams will break down when it gets to who crosses the finish line first...