The Official QONQR Community Forums
tria

When losing a zone feels like winning? :)

Does anyone else feel like it's a weird sort of mini-victory when someone can't defeat you by regular means and so has to turn to qubes to defeat you?

(And VICE VERSA obv, like, have you ever qubed to win a zone and felt a little bit like a loser for doing it? lol. I did it once but never again, it felt like cheating. D:)

IDK, I don't qube much (only leftover qubes from when I've gotten lazy and wanted to spend 200k qredits on missiles not a scope upgrade because yay fun) and yeah, I like to win! :D, but I definitely can't stop snickering when I force someone to qube me to get rid of me. I'M NOT THAT HARD TO BEAT. Some days I deploy constantly for 14 hours, sure, but then there are definitely days when I manage to deploy like. twice. So if you think you have to turn to qubes to knock me down?

...yeah it kind of feels like winning. :D :D Who else? :)

It's happening a lot in succession with me at the moment. it just happened again! \o/ Took a zone (sneaky plasma blasts during the day), laid in 16k of bots, put my phone down, 5 minutes later, the zone's 50k to another faction and I'm smiling like a loon. Am I supposed to be annoyed? Maybe I'm supposed to be annoyed. Hm. NOPE. Still grinning.

(Edit to clarify 50k from the same player. If it was 50k from a well co-ordinated attack, I'd probably- Well. Not gonna lie, I'd be impressed with that organisation. And probably still semi-flattered a group of people thought lil old me on my own in a zone was worth that much effort.)

This is one for the books - a faceless player who doesn't cube! - I thought it was prerequiste to be part of faceless.

Are you sure you are in the right faction!

I love the frustration between the lines here. Time to ask Silver statistics about which faction buys the most cubes?

The stats would be interesting - however you only have to look at the comic pages available to confirm the biggest spenders... not that there is anything wrong with that it is all part of the game. We have all said it - the power of cubes is just too great if you are willing to spend. I have seen too many free to play players simply give up, so even though you are against swarm tria_marie - stay with it.

To me there is something wrong with the game mechanics when what takes a free player all day to launch can be completed in well under an hour if you are willing to spend.

Most of us don't. Just the cubers probably like to make themselves known, and have too much money to spend. :) Enjoy!

I've seen all factions here cube around here, but then again there's all those rich London blokes around here.

Another thing to bear in mind is if people are fighting multiple battles. Some days I can be battling in several zones at once. If my enemy are getting on my nerves and attack several places, I may spend a little to help me keep control otherwise, I doubt many people could defend and stack 3 zones all at the same time on their own.