The Official QONQR Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
earit

Things Atlantis has Taught Me

I went into Atlantis with 100% full ammo racks, 10 million credits, and 500 cubes.

500 cubes? You should be buying the 550 cube packs from the portal to support the comics!

This was a few posts ago, but Cathan I agree with you on the whole underdog thing. I love playing the underdog, I always do in any game I play. I was originally Swarm until about level 25 when I realized there was no legion within about 50 miles of me, my area was just a swarm vs faceless battle. I switched to Legion and loved painting my hometown blood red with the legion emblem. Plus I love how we Legion stick together, since there are less of us were all the more willing to help each other out when in need. Plus the backstory, I mean come on, a super AI comes into existence, of course its going to be evil and try to destroy us, someone has to stop it. All that being said, Legion is the underdog in terms of players but by no means are we the weakest we just play smarter :)

Anyways back to Atlantis, I think we had a good shot last Atlantis last game, Legion were pretty coordinated, I think if it wasn't for the last day and some non-stop nano-bot refreshes by a few faceless players (not blaming faceless in general, just a few players), we might have had a shot to win Atlantis.

That it's almost completely impossible to make any difference at all below level 100? Probably should go in suggestions, but how about ones for under 75 or whatever?

It takes ~2hrs for me to kill a 15k 'tower'. No idea how I could change anything, lol.

Oh, also that cubing makes this REALLY unfair. Maybe a limit on it, or at least change it around?

Collaborating with enemies for success is no different than buying success.That is to say it merely has the appearance of success, but not the taste that our warriors crave which comes from genuinely overcoming great odds due to their own skills. The type of result where they can say "Look what we did!" and hold their head up high.

Shot callers of all factions. Be good examples. What the new generation sees in you becomes NORMAL to them. Let their normal be genuine battles and good sportsmanship. Let their normal not focus on scams or deceptions. Treat your faction like your wife or mom. Do not bring shame to her. Do not cheat on her. Do not let others take advantage or use her. Don't hang out with those who would harm her. Don't get in bed (chat rooms) with her enemies. Honor her and focus efforts on helping her when you can.

You are not bound by the stories the developers created for you. Be free! Refine the culture your ancestors of the faction had begun and let the new gen refine what you have made when the time comes. I am positive the 3 houses of qonqr can retain honor whilest still engaging in epic battles and pulling off magnificent maneuvers.

I know i am old. I come from a time when we would send a wire to enemies to declare our intentions when deploying in their state out of respect. Things have changed alot so perhaps these are just the musings of a relic and pure fantasy, but i hope the elders will consider my words here. The faction, the family, is ALL there is. The Seasons come and go. Zones and bots are temporary, but your credibility remains. Let it be the refuge you go to when you are oppressed and the guiding wisdom for when you have abundance.

Those who know me know i could go on and on, but I will end my babble here for now. :)

Treat your faction like your wife or mom. Do not bring shame to her. Do not cheat on her. Do not let others take advantage or use her. Don't hang out with those who would harm her. Don't get in bed (chat rooms) with her enemies. Honor her and focus efforts on helping her when you can.

Dude, have you seen my mom? If any of you are getting in bed with my mom the faction you play in is the least of your troubles.

Seriously though, I have played sparingly the in about 3 rounds now. Two rounds ago I tried to give it my best effort but I just can't get into Atlantis. I used some cubes and quickly realized that it is a complete waste. Not because Legion doesn't deserve it but because after 15 days it's over and done with. It would help if more of the North East USA Legion were into the Atlantis aspect of the game but overall there is little interest from my teammates in this region.

From what I've noticed Faceless has what seems to be the most active players and some pretty heavy active spenders. Swarm seems to utilize the best team work and takes advantage of the qube free zones like no other faction. And Legion appears to be happy to place second everytime because we don't have the participants needed to win it. Just my 2 cents though. Happy QONQRing.