The Official QONQR Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
earit

Things Atlantis has Taught Me

After playing several Atlantis rounds, I've realized some things in the macro sense of the word. The most obvious on is that the legion of the world are no where near as badass as the ones we deal with on the East Coast. This round it is obvious that Legion has again struck an agreement with Swarm. There is no swarm-legion activity going on short of Swarm retaking Kalkin for Legion.

On the other hand, the Swarm of the world are much more ruthless than the small sect we have on the East Coast. They have numbers, cubers and a willingness to kill that I'm just not used to seeing from Swarm around me. There seems to be an impressive level of cooperation and coordination amongst themselves.

And I'm gonna call us out too. The Faceless of the world struggle to get organized just as much as we do on the East Coast. It's like being an ADD kid and trying to keep your binder organized at school. Everyone is super interested in becoming organized under excellent leadership, but the rubber just never meets the road.

I've been enjoying this round more than ever, it's been an awesome chance to come together and meet people from half a dozen new countries. This is now the most international thing I've ever had my hand in and I love it. I mean no disrespect by anything I've said above, merely sharing my observations about the Qonqrverse. I encourage everyone else to post their findings as well (without getting out the flamethrowers, lets be civil). Anyway, as my good friend Wheg's avatar says,

Have lots of fun!

See you in battle

I dont agree with you in a few areas but I agree with you in the fun aspect. Atlantis is always a lot of fun and it is interesting to see each faction and how they play/run themselves. This is a great aspect of the game for sure and even though we all **** talk sometimes, I'm sure all of us are having a fun time. So thanks for making this game enjoyable everyone :)

I don't think I've seen any signs of a tactical partnership in Atlantis, what I keep seeing is all the factions trying to gain footholds and taking advantage of wherever situations crop up in the zones.

I personally think Atlantis is by far the best new feature released to date.

I agree that it is very fun but legion needs to stop being swarms tool. Swarm took Kalkin back for legion. Legion grunt goes mostly ignored despite being the softest instead both teams with on faceless zones. Stop denying it and start proving legion isn't living in the shadow of swarm.

I dunno kev. From our end it looked like Kal was being taken down by faceless and swarm wanted to steal the cap but then legion cubed it back and faceless started attacking the swarm forcing is to fall back onto our zones/ attack fmelee. But I could see how it could look either way. Just like in last fight when rooster was under attack. Sure the legion jumped in with faceless but it was clearly not a coordinated attack. Every faction is looking to win. But that's just how I'm seeing it :D

I agree that it is very fun but legion needs to stop being swarms tool. Swarm took Kalkin back for legion. Legion grunt goes mostly ignored despite being the softest instead both teams with on faceless zones. Stop denying it and start proving legion isn't living in the shadow of swarm.

Swarm didn't jump on legion grunt for a good tactical reason. Faceless is main threat re all your excessive cubers. Just because it small does not make it the best target.

Also, last month Faceless was much more coordinated than we were this month, We were pretty disorganized this month for sure. Good double-team! Here's to Legion pulling out a victory in the end!

Cubes do support the game and therefore I am not opposed to them but it is interesting to see the deployment numbers between the three factions. The top 30-40 players from the faceless have way higher launches than both the swarm and the legion players, however what's interesting is that while the swarm launches stay pretty consistent down to 100, faceless declines more rapidly than the swarm and the legion. Sadly for the legion (I feel you bros) they simply do not have the lvl 100 player to sustain and keep up with the other two factions. The stats are always cool to see after the battle :)

Not a single one of our top three players carries an 'Elite' badge. I think that speaks for itself. I'm glad us cheapskates were able to generate money for qonqr this month in Atlantis.

Right. I don't carry the elite badge either. You don't have to show it on your profile.

At this point, I have little confidence in how the Faceless are lead. I went into Atlantis with 100% full ammo racks, 10 million credits, and 500 cubes, but I sidelined myself after I realized that the Faceless Atlantis strategy was being wantonly formulated by overconfident springbucks, some of whom have yet to level up or even acquire all upgrades. For the record, my sword will remain on the sidelines until I see some order emerge amongst the Faceless. Just being blunt...

At this point, I have little confidence in how the Faceless are lead. I went into Atlantis with 100% full ammo racks, 10 million credits, and 500 cubes, but I sidelined myself after I realized that the Faceless Atlantis strategy was being wantonly formulated by overconfident springbucks, some of whom have yet to level up or even acquire all upgrades. For the record, my sword will remain on the sidelines until I see some order emerge amongst the Faceless. Just being blunt...

All the more of a reason for you to step up and lead. Also, not everyone can buy cubes to get their upgrades so it takes awhile. Upgrades have nothing whatsoever to do with leadership. I think good leaders step up to the plate in difficult situations vs. sitting on the sidelines waiting for someone else to fix things.