The Official QONQR Community Forums
weagle08

Qommnd site should be disabled!

So does anyone else agree with me that the Qommnd site is a kind of anti-strategy, and an un-motivating tool used to turn qonqr into a strictly stacking game? It definitely doesn't take an hour for attacks to show up, and even if it did, two tanks of bots is hardly enough to allow for much of an offensive. Also, in an area like mine where one faction out numbers the other 3-1 there is no chance to do anything except watch your zones get slowly pushed because we can't launch an offensive because of the site. Why would a new player want to play this game? I know when I see new players in the area the ruling faction here just wipes them out and they never try again... Why would I want to spend a dime on this game when an application which is completely outside of the game can be used to gain an edge? Would love to see how many new unique players are joining qonqr a week and actually sticking with the game in an area where they are a member of the minority faction. Please disable the public API or at least make it where Qommnd.com can only get updates MAX 24 hours. The one hour is not enough, and you can force it to update before an hour anyways so what's the point? Do something please.

More sneak attacks. 24 hours might be a bit much. One hour is too little.

By the way you should be able to deploy 5 times in 1 hour (if you have the playtime and you are not busy). It's approximately 20 minutes for your scope to recharge fully.

I don't even understand the site! I may be slow but that site gives me a headache so I don't use it. At least I don't have too since LA is roughly dead with a few faceless left. Some of you Swarm and faceless need to move here to LA and make it fun.

I know at least four players who use Qommnd obsessively. One, who probably doesn't work, seems to jump on any attacks within half an hour. Qommnd takes strategic play and kills it. Without cubes it can take a while to whittle down a big zone, unless you cube it to death quickly you don't stand a chance, if you have a Qommnd ocd on your hands.

I say kill Qommnd off for good and good riddance too.

i agree omega... we have several in this area that check qommnd religiously... i refuse to spend anymore money or recruit any more players to suck a flawed system... the devs really need to start listening to issues like these because it really inhibits game growth outside of the small core community it already has... who want's to sit and stack all day? boring messed up game.

Almost every thread in this forum is exactly the same: ___________ has ruined the game, so I will no longer ___________.

Qommnd is part of the game, it solves a pretty big gap in respect to the inability to monitor your bases without making 147 selections on your phone.

'Patrolling' your area used to be, and still is, a good aspect of the game. Discovering a zone with enemies building a beach head or finding a new player to ally with, all used to be something to do while waiting for your scope to recharge. Checking an apj like qommnd, which barely takes a minute and shows if someone farted 10 minutes ago, kinda devalues the game by promoting lazy observation.

Also, it seems that a good bit of the swarm members that use that triforce boarder around their in game profile picture have some type of immunity to being found with the program.

Almost as if someone didn't want those players to be found.

Also, it seems that a good bit of the swarm members that use that triforce boarder around their in game profile picture have some type of immunity to being found with the program.

Almost as if someone didn't want those players to be found.

Did that observation come from underneath a tinfoil hat?

How do they actually use The Qommnd site anyway?

When I use the site I don't get any updates that are newer that 5 months old. It seems to pretty pointless (although you can still get a general idea of where your zones are (or your enemy's) when you use it.

Pretty obviously I don't use it very often.

Hmmm..

Does anybody know why the Qommnd site doesn't seem to update for me. Is it just a temporary bug? (I hardly use Qommnd so I wouldn't know.)

And is there is way to reset the site so it'd then gave the updated figures?

Clear your browser's cache or to quickly see if it is your browser, just open qommnd with an alternative browser that you don't usually use.

Doesn't help.

I'll try tomorrow in the university. There I can be 100% sure I don't have something on my computer that blocks it.

Qommnd used to show who controlled or captured a zone but for some reason it no longer does that. You can search a players name still to locate where they have zone leads and I think captures. I don't have toast notifications activated and I almost never look at my area but I do get on Qommnd from time to time to see if anyone has been seeker hunting or is a newb has started playing. I'd say I get on it 3-4 time a week lately.

Its also fun to click the past 24 hours and see where some real battle are taking place.

I think when you search players it will show their Zones, but the data is stale. Maybe 5 months old. If you were around before the API got locked down, it shows you with old data. If you came after the API changes, you are not in the Qommnd database. That has been my observations. I could be wrong. Anyone see it that way?

I think when you search players it will show their Zones, but the data is stale. Maybe 5 months old. If you were around before the API got locked down, it shows you with old data. If you came after the API changes, you are not in the Qommnd database. That has been my observations. I could be wrong. Anyone see it that way?

^

This is exactly how I see it. When I look into any person's data the data seems to be around 5 months old.