The Official QONQR Community Forums
matwonk

Who Gets Notified When Zone is Captured

I've been playing for about 6 months now so I have a general idea, but I'd like to find out for sure how zone capture notifications works. I haven't found anything about this in the forums.

So basically, who gets notified when a zone gets captured. Is it the current zone leader, the person who originally captured the zone, or both? Or maybe everyone in the same faction who currently has bots in the zone gets the notification?

Next, lets just assume that only the current zone leader gets a notification when someone captures their zone, which is what I think happens.

Say I'm the zone leader with 1200 bots and one of my teammates in the same faction has 1150 bots in the same. Someone shoots a missile into the zone and knocks out all my bots, the enemy leaves say 900 bots that survived from the attack, leaving my teammate with 1150 bots making him the new zone leader. The enemy then immediately sends another missile knocking out my teammates bots, the enemy now becomes the zone leader. Since I was no longer in the zone for the second missile attack, would my teammate be the only one that received the notification that the zone was captured? If that happens then essentially it's like the enemy took my zone without me every receiving a notification, which you would think would be a flaw in the game. Again just verifying how this works.

And last, say there are 2 factions holding a zone. Let's say Faceless is in the lead on a zone, Swarm is in a very close second, and I as legion launch an attack on the zone, my attack knocks out enough faceless that swarm becomes the zone leader as I do not have enough bots to take the zone lead. What exactly would happen in that scenario? Would faceless get a notification that I took their zone? Or Would they get a notification that swarm took the zone? Would anyone get any notification?

So its not the zone leader, it's the person who originally captured it?

Basically, my main reason for asking is I have a Legion player in my area who has been MIA for about 6 months now. Some of his zones are strategic zones that I want to be sure don't fall into enemy hands without some sort of notification to an active Legion player in my area so that we have a chance to retake it.

So my plan was to stack up his strategic zones with enough bots that I or another active Legion player would become the zone leader for his zones, theoretically ensuring we would be notified if one of his captured zones fell.

So what I understand is according to your answer Kirra, my plan will not work, because only he would be notified when the zone feel because he was the original person to capture the zone.

Indeed, the original zone captured. This causes much hassle to many people, however if you are a big player with a few residual missiles in 400 zones (zomg) then you don't want notifications constantly. But yeah, I think it should be the leader as well?

the person who capped it with the little flag icon gets notified.

What is this flag icon? I cannot see it in any of the zones (not in ones that I have captured and not in ones that I have not).

on the bottom right of the map on ios is shows 2 names (zone cap person on top with a little flag next to them, and the zone leader in bigger font underneath with 2 little up arrows next to their name$.

on the bottom right of the map on ios is shows 2 names (zone cap person on top with a little flag next to them, and the zone leader in bigger font underneath with 2 little up arrows next to their name$.

This seems like a good feature. In WP the map doesn't show how is the leader of capturer of set zone. But it does show that in the zone data when you click on it..

Here are some screenshots to show what I mean..

(I picked Minneapolis as it's one of the places where my phone sets the GPS automatically when I start the app.)

EDIT:

I hope you can see something out of the photos. I had to reduce them A LOT to get them fit into the forum.

post-13624-0-25292900-1412196137.jpg

post-13624-0-61963800-1412196137.jpg