The Official QONQR Community Forums
earit

Dear Devs

I'm pretty sure jailbreaking a phone is illegal.

All it does is "void your warrenty" if your stupid enough to bring it to the store while it's jailbroken. Want your warrenty back? Restore a previous backup on iphone and tada, it's back to normal. Want your warrenty back on a android? Restore a backup then relock your phone unless the carrier gave it to you unlocked (not likely in US) and your good to go.

The "illegal" thing is a total BS scare tactic.

In the East Coast side of things, we've got at LEAST half a dozen players who are quitting entirely. Cathan is semiretiring, Bic is done, the list goes on. DO NOT ignore this.

It's time for 2.0. Give us a beta version, give us something, feed the masses. I'd rather play a buggy game with people I love than a game that is perfectly free of programming flaws alone (unless it's Pokemon). Give us more bots, bigger tanks, new formations, expanded range, I don't care what it is, but stop taking away our friends and start adding more to do. As Faceless stays out of Atlantis, many of us miss working with our counter parts across seas, help us have another reason to connect with them. I know this all sounds absurd, but this is real. It's not going away, the only thing that's going to change is the number of active players who can't or won't log in. Please, don't ruin the community.

2 points from Earit I want to touch upon.

I'll start by saying I'm sure most of you don't know me (unless you are faceless). I tend to not post here and try to stay out of the qonqr political bs and shittalking. Take my two cents however you may, I do not look to upset anyone, but just to echo what Earit said.

I've been a part of qonqr longer than I had ever planned. I've taken a few hiatuses/breaks and am currently contemplating a full retirement as the game has gotten boring and I view it as a chore to go on and launch. The game has lost its fun. In my time in the qonqrverse, I've seen many good players leave. Some players who a lot of you have never heard of. Not just faceless players, but members of all factions. Its sad that quality qonqrers leave and are replaced by douchebags. I understand this is a game, and a "war" game at that. I get that the point is to control a zone for your faction, and hold it. Yes you'll get attacked, but there is the fun in the game, to see if you can out strategize your opponent. What happened to the one on one battles that made the early days of this game so great? There's nothing fun when you face a 6v2 battle everyday, where the at least 3 of the 6 cube every zone they take, I can see why quitting the game looks appealing.

Not only a game, but to the devs this is a business, and a livlihood. Yes, I have purchased cubes. Yes, I have used them to take zones or fortify my zones I already hold. However, like the average, lower middle class American I am, I cannot afford to constantly spend on the game, like I'm sure many of you can't. I know of many who do spend, heavily, yet as a community we are rewarded with what? A comic strip that costs $100 per page? The game has gotten stale, boring, stagnant, however you wanna say it. Over 18 months here and the only "improvements" I've seen are the stupid atlantis competition, the failure that is sync lock, and an upgraded UI. Awesome.

I will conclude by saying I don't care if I get mocked, or ridiculed. Like I stated, most of you don't know me. Just my two cents on the latest Earit rant. I know there are others, who do not use the forums, who share my sentiments.

Qonqr on

Crazy day when I agree with massune and unhuman. You can do a lot more cheating type things with a jail broken phone than just gps spoofing. Devs need to protect the integrity of the game, sucks that with today's technology a ban of those devices is the only method to do it, but it's a no brainier. Bad news is that all of those hacks work on android, so I hope there's a plan...

Oh and they always come back. If you wish i can give you a list of those that got mad, quit, and came right back. I think QONQR is a solid game and anything they can do to make spoofing a thing of the past will just make it better.

Oh and they always come back. If you wish i can give you a list of those that got mad, quit, and came right back. I think QONQR is a solid game and anything they can do to make spoofing a thing of the past will just make it better.

Oh also, if the game is boring. Maybe it really means....you are boring. I been playing a long time and a stay because of the people. Actually this is the only game i play. The swarm community is rich with personality. We don't care if we are outnumbered or cubed to death. You can't kill us, we just come back. Thank you QONQR developers for an awesome game.

Crazy day when I agree with massune and unhuman. You can do a lot more cheating type things with a jail broken phone than just gps spoofing. Devs need to protect the integrity of the game, sucks that with today's technology a ban of those devices is the only method to do it, but it's a no brainier. Bad news is that all of those hacks work on android, so I hope there's a plan...

just leave android in beta until people forget it exists. it's really easy to control an android phone with your computer... that could pose a problem. it's not even a rooted feature, more of a system intrgrates remote access.

however with a certain "other" map based wargame being part of google and completely free, i feel like qonqr utterly missed the boat on grabbing those players before the "other" games' popularity shot throguh the roof.

free and shiny with hidden data mining tools is the wave of the future when it comes to app revenue. microtransactions are still a valid source of income, and if qonqr made the spread between spending $0.99 almost as good as $99, then more "freebie" users may feel inclined to spend here and there.

can't keep the whales happy forever.

I'm with Massune and Whitey... It's just makes sense to ban those devices. As for the boring part, like Massune said, go merc or another faction if the game means that much to you. If that's not an option then find another game on the marketplace that 'entertains' you more and play that instead... And if you can't find one then don't be surprised when we laugh at your return to what really is a well thought out and slowly but surely progressing game... Also in the ealy days you had your 1 vs 1 battles simply because less people played. As the game has gained popularity (which it definitely has) the player base has expanded and the chances for lopsided factions to form have grown. Also if the game means so much you can get cheap cheap smartphones these days (under $100, less than your investment in the game potentially), why not get a second phone like Kirra suggested (and has done). Bottom line players will play if they really want to, they will find a way regardless. The devs decision is purely for the mechanics of the game and I completely understand their logic

I played the game mentioned earlier on android and enjoyed it as the spoofing in that game was a problem that they dealt with improved the game it will do the same here and don't be down on the devs if you are a looser of the change learn from it and understand that the majority of people want to play an honest game.

spoofing in any form is cheating the working with others in Atlantis give the ability for good relations between the rest of your faction.

I have only been playing since Jul this year and as a newbee got hit hard early with a problem that I had no idea that it happened. Ended up logging in with two email accounts on my phone under the same user name without even realizing it until the devs banned me and were good enough to understand and allow me back into the game and since I have not been contacted by the devs (Thanks again to Silver for your assistance).

It is not only those that spend spoof or use other methods to have multi-accounts or forms to get them an advantage, for some this only makes the game more enjoyable for others it causes more friction and that is what a war game in any form is some will find an advantage that they can exploit others will only work with what they have and play to the best they can.

In the future I hope the devs can keep developing the game to improve it for the honest players and find ever increasing was to remove the cheaters from the game.

This game is chalk full of stupid decisions by the development team. The banning of rooted and jailbroken devices has the be the dumbest thing that I have ever heard. That is the same as banning guns because a select few people decide they want to shoot people. That is like banning 2 litre bottles of soda because americans are fat as ****. That is like banning gps because hackers can stalk people with it. That is like swarm thinking they are good at this game. The list goes on and on. From sync lock to banning rooted/jailbroken devices this game has to be the worst most separated player base from its development team.

I swear you guys sit around a table sipping on your cranberry juice and discuss ways to kill your game even faster because you are too lazy to make your game better, instead you are looking for the fast way out of things and then cry when you do not make enough money from the game to support better development.

This game is chalk full of stupid decisions by the development team. The banning of rooted and jailbroken devices has the be the dumbest thing that I have ever heard. That is the same as banning guns because a select few people decide they want to shoot people.

Yeah..

As far as I'm conserned banning guns is great thing. And I am not sure I can see your point.

I don't have a rooted phone and I don't know anyone that I'd know to have one. Actually in Finland almost all phones are sold without operator lock so there isn't much need to root one (so there isn't much need to unlock your phone to get a better service). So I cannot really say much about this issue. I do feel though that if the devs have seen this as a problem enough it's probably a good thing they made this decision. This way they can have more time to solve other problems (that probably will concern more of my game play).

I'm not so techno savvy, so I'm bad with lingo and what not...

but what do you call it when someone creates a fake profile to try and get into an opponents chat, are quickly discovered and then brag they'll just give out the user info so that anyone on their team can use that acct. Then one member of the team uses it to multi-scope in my area, gets 100% sync-locked, then another member of that team starts using the profile 20 miles or so up the road, so the sync lock is "broken" because they were able to prove "individual deployment activity" and then 10 minutes later.. yet another member of that team is using the profile 60 miles or so away to multiscope so that that 3rd player can help in on a tower being attacked? What's that called?

No rules were broken, right? Multiscoping is completely legal now, right? Proof that you can cheat without rooting your phone. Idk, I'm glad to see that even though I'm clearly a minority on here, almost everyone is sticking to the thread and productively discussing it. Kirra worded it well and I'm glad he is staying.

Hmmm... I'm just tech savvy enough to build a PC, install the OS and get it over locked, but beyond that is a dark world of seemingly infinite possibilities for alerting reality. I must say, though, that sounds like cheating to me.

Hmmm... I'm just tech savvy enough to build a PC, install the OS and get it over locked, but beyond that is a dark world of seemingly infinite possibilities for alerting reality. I must say, though, that sounds like cheating to me.

then the devs just ban your main account and lol?

qonqr is their trademarked IP and so is all the account info, you own nothing other than the callouses formed from intense battles and the pride won from victories or the smell of failure from defeat.

the devs aren't lazy and aren't idiots... if you intentionally or flaggrantly abuse their rules then why don't they just kick you out of their community?

@earit --> i remember way back you brought up a point I think about in game moderators and/or a group of players responsible for assiting the devs in reporting suspicious activity. i think you were spot on.

the moderators could be anonymous, they'd be integrated into groupme's and from sheer experience could notice inconsistencies in launches that seem sketchy or in that "grey" zone. they could gather evidence and instead of flooding gagd with requests a case could be presented via email.

i'm trying to constructively think of ways to alleviate pressure off the devs so that they can develope new features instead of dealing with policing the game.

i dunno... it's just a thought, i could just be annoyed that this jailbreak drama is delaying qonqr black on iOS!

lol... in all seriousness though i agree that new features are needed to pull in and keep new players and also keep the old ones happy, but my 2 cents doesn't pay the bills.

cheers mates, this will be my last rebuttle on this matter.

then the devs just ban your main account and lol?

qonqr is their trademarked IP and so is all the account info, you own nothing other than the callouses formed from intense battles and the pride won from victories or the smell of failure from defeat.

the devs aren't lazy and aren't idiots... if you intentionally or flaggrantly abuse their rules then why don't they just kick you out of their community?

@earit --> i remember way back you brought up a point I think about in game moderators and/or a group of players responsible for assiting the devs in reporting suspicious activity. i think you were spot on.

the moderators could be anonymous, they'd be integrated into groupme's and from sheer experience could notice inconsistencies in launches that seem sketchy or in that "grey" zone. they could gather evidence and instead of flooding gagd with requests a case could be presented via email.

i'm trying to constructively think of ways to alleviate pressure off the devs so that they can develope new features instead of dealing with policing the game.

i dunno... it's just a thought, i could just be annoyed that this jailbreak drama is delaying qonqr black on iOS!

lol... in all seriousness though i agree that new features are needed to pull in and keep new players and also keep the old ones happy, but my 2 cents doesn't pay the bills.

cheers mates, this will be my last rebuttle on this matter.

I like this moderator idea. I think adding that type of option with carefully selected people can help improve many problems. Honestly, your post on the last page I also liked even though you only got the 5s >_> People need to realize however this isn't a major company. There isn't like 100 developers working on this game. There's only a select few lucky ones. From the email that Silver sent out, i'm curious on how much time was used in order to fight this problem. I think it's great that they spent that much time on finding ways to this problem. After this gets settled through, i'm sure a lot of new stuff will be added -hint hint- *HINT* (Don't take my hints seriously)

Plus, I love everyone here. A lot better than many other communities :)

@People who are die hard multiscopers, just buy like 5 new phones and don't forget maybe some cubes for sync lock and there you go.

I'm confused by the talk of needing new players, wanting more community, demanding new features to create a new experience and attract more people, then in the next breath condoning ways of getting around the rules, patting yourself on the back for how clever you are at making it easier and easier for yourself to get an edge (calling your own actions cheating),

No rules were broken, right? Multiscoping is completely legal now, right? Proof that you can cheat without rooting your phone.

... and generally making it so that people that play near you - people that are just trying to play honestly and competitively, not trying to get one over - are pushed away and want to quit. All this to prove your point? To me it's like getting a new video game, playing on all the easiest settings possible, then thinking it's boring and beneath you and that you're a master at it when you stop playing it 4 months later, having only made it through the middle levels.

I also find the language "in the name of finding adventure and hoping turning to Legion will make the game more fun for them" amusing, as all those PA faceless that have come to Legion.... each and every one... say that, at least in part, they switched because they cannot stand the drama and self proclaimed leaders. Just reading recent posts show that a good many of those still in PAF and other Faceless groupings can barely (if at all) stand each other. That is quite an interesting team dynamic.