The Official QONQR Community Forums
earit

Props to East Coast Legion

mmw, ty for pointing out the VAST difference between our 2 factions. While u sit & give warning to ur beleaguered teammates about contact, Legion watches each other's holdings automatically. Without question & without fail. It is common for 6-12 Legion to show up before the local in question is able to defend. This is because We are family. We do our best to take care of one another. Anyone of us would willingly give up our holdings for another without even thinking about it. We are one. We don't sit & wait for our brethren to "ask for help". This is why We are so successfully regardless of swarless. It is a glaring difference between our factions, & a defining one.

And Willie, perhaps u should take listen & hear how Legion fixes ur lack of #s problem. Sandreeche placed himself in reach of the target. Beta does it quite often because he I often out of range of target up in Maine. Many Legion do this alot. Selfless acts for the good of Legion. ALL of Legion. Not just those who are in our personal range.

Loading up the Legion bus! WE ARE LEGION!

Heh, I guess it was destined to fall eventually. Such is life in QONQR.

To those who criticize, don't pass judgement too quickly. While it was nice of Sandreeche to physically travel for the team, many, many players do not have that luxury. So no player can expect any other to spend every waking hour watching all the zones within 100mi, or respond immediately to a message, or travel to another town for hours to set up and keep defensive bots in play. If some can, awesome. If not, that doesn't make one team any more or less than another.

In the end, good job Legion setting up the op and seeing it through.

arcsyn, u miss read my post. I did not criticize anyone. I merely said that mmw pointed out the VAST differences between our 2 factions. U have NVR had trouble with comprehension b4. This pains me to see. Wish u the best agent.

i gotta agree with gmen. generally speaking there is a disconnect among most players. i see a lot of clicks (groups of friends that play together) but east coast legion has been pretty cohesive over the last year and a half.

i can't really fault anyone that loses a big zone though, it seems like the amount of in game players on the east coast has tanked over the last 6 months, at least for faceless and swarm.

VA/DC/MD and Delaware are like a dang ghost town these days.

grats on the op guys and gals, quite impressive.

Yeah, that was an odd statement coming from someone with a huge enemy tower in his backyard. We live in the ballsiest region, it would seem. ;)

Hmmmm "ballsiest region" now I wonder if there was a way to prove that statement; maybe like a monthly contest in between all three factions where anyone in the world could play to prove that point?

Now that willie sounds like a much better concept for a game within this beloved game then Atlantis. We could compete all while still killing the bots that matter. However, if ur speaking region, it would have to be #s combine from all 3 from one area against another. Excellent idea! We could still do what we do against our opposing factions while nit taking away from what is needed to be done(which is my major problem with Atlantis). I would bank on the n/e( all the way down to VA included) against any region, with confidence. We would need an unbiased statistician to keep track & that would be difficult to find but, I love the idea & think we should get together to make this happen. Agreed?

I'm with Gman. I would put the NE players against any crew of any size. And I agree with Willie that it would be awesome to be able to rep our areas in a different maybe more balanced tournament version than Atlantis. Especially if it broke down by region, not faction.

North East, missile tested, battle approved.

@gmen

What if Scott added something like a "clan tag"?

At the end of a designated period of time, he can post the results of all the kills and captures of top 10 clans worldwide?

To make it spicy, you could have a "K/D" ratio of sorts, so that a clan with 3 people killing a million bots would get more points than a clan with 10 people also killing a million bots, since the participants in the first group worked harder.

The clan could be comprised of whomever you like, with a soft "cap" to keep everyone from being in the same group.

It would be a way to really see which group/region/click is "ballsiest", while also utilizing combat tracking code that is already written for the most part?

Just an idea. I feel like this would help me get into that competitive mindset again, since my local mates don't play anymore. We could team up and really show who shines, without being limited to distance.

Or ya know, I could sack my 38mil bots and switch teams, but haha maybe this idea would be better. Not everyone wants a "spy" award... >_<

Nothing's perfect, but what I've seen in the short amount of time I've been with Legion is that the team is strong, dedicated, and willing to help when needed - even when their own zones are being attacked. That should have been obvious from the Dover op: several Legion players were dealing with being attacked while attacking Dover and stuck it out to help take it down regardless of their own losses and headaches.

In a perfect world, games would be pretty damned boring. ;)