The Official QONQR Community Forums
QONQRD

No Limit Cubing, is it fair?

Like Bohdi I am a very active Colorado Swarm and I think many of you just can't empathize with what we are facing. We have a select group of about 10 active players and we are losing battles to 2-3 players. I mean I understand the in app purchases but what I don't understand is why someone would spend so much on a figurative base in a game. Saying that I have cubed before but ussually I just exchange for Qredits. Could you give us a rough dollar amount of what some of these people are spending so we can get a sense of how much "cubing" they do. I know you cannot give an exact value but can you say around what dollar amount because we would really like to know. Or just how many missles they have bought or how many refreshers? I think the frustration here is just how massive some of this feels. Something that could make us feel better about the reality that these guys aren't cheating they just have spent a lot of money on this game. Because right now, untill convinced otherwise, I believe these people are cheating.

Lol..Saint..the Ceo of the company just told you he personally investigated you and Bohdi's problem people and gave them the all clear..if you're not convinced by that then you likely won't be convinced at all.

I don't understand how being given an itemized list of what these guys have bought or how much, roughly, they have spent would give you any peace of mind for the beatings you're taking..or how it would convince you their not cheating. I also don't understand why you think anyone would hand over that information to you..because an operatives personal spending habits are none of your business. If you want confirmation..pay attention to the type of Bot and the frequency and duration of the launches. It should be obvious, if their sending tons of nanos and they are sending more than would be possible on a single scope, that they are cubing.

I too was asked to step into this thread and respond….by none other then myself.

Firstly, UKIntel (i assume it’s you), let me say the music in the second video is much better then the first. Great choice.

The fight: I was on my way to the airport when I noticed an attack on City of London. Legion had about 200 bots in (we had 2.something million). Started clearing, informed UK Faceless of the attack. I called Krondell as well to make sure I had backup since I was soon going to be on a flight to a far off land. We then notice swarm attacking another zone at the same time. Lots of distraction tactics, leaving a small force on COL while the main enemy force moved onto Bayswater etc. I had about 4 hours worth of defending before my flight took off. We were on the runway literally about to start our take off before I turned on flight mode.

Was the attack a success? That really depends on what you expected as an outcome but in my opinion i thought it was great for the game and put some pressure on us. I lost 2 low zones (thanks to Faceless defending otherwise it would have been many more). Fulham and Chigwell. The attacks were mostly focused on any zone where i was leading in bot count. Some other zones were captured and recaptured. Swarm and Legion took about 5 million bots off me i think. Not actually looked at the board since i landed back in the UK. I'll wait a little while longer before checking. The attacks did bring a lot of action to the table and I was frustrated not be part of it for those 10 days (and was slightly tempted to miss my flight…and that nearly happened. Another story for another time). Groupme exploded with chat and people had a blast attacking and defending zones that were being used as a ping pong ball.

I don’t expect EU legion, or any side for that matter, to be relentlessly attacking a UK enemy. They have their own country to look after. I had also informed EU faceless to take advantage of the situation. We can’t expect people to loose ground in their own territory to deal with “that evil Arab who is ruining the game”. But saying that you can’t say it was 40 against 1 or 2 cubers. Like others have mentioned not all 40 were constantly attacking and all London Faceless and some UK helped defend these initial attacks. Its possible that you were let down by the EU side. I don’t know.

Is no Limit cubing fair? Well if you look at past threads i have always stated my opinion very clearly. It is over powered. Limiting it in some way might be good. I'm not going to go through my entire idea but these types discussions usually get hijacked in some way and then its a dead thread with no one contributing to the ideas mentioned. Basically it was a limit per zone per/x time with rules if enemy players use cubes in the same zone (Here it is: http://community.qon...ng/page__st__20 ). I would also like to see log in bonuses that built up to 5 or 7 days with the last day being 1 cube as a reward. This won’t stop player who purchase cubes form buying more and gives people a chance to a: have a taste of cubes and b: build some up over time to use in an operation. Either way, whether or not this changes it does not stop cubing from being over powered. And to be fair it should be powerful. Just needs a little tweaking. Keep Atlantis as unlimited cubes or have certain strategic zones in each country as unlimited cubes but I think my idea is worth looking into.

What is fair? Is it fair that when multi scoping was considered cheating and some Legion players made multiple accounts you were happy to associate with them? Is it fair even now when its legit to use use multiple accounts, that you get angry at someone who uses cubes when there are so many multiple accounts against us? Its hypocrisy. Some of you cube as well. So multiple accounts and cubes. No, you are right. Ill stop buying them and let you take over London while you claim you did it "fairly". To me it feels you just want the advantage on your side. Maybe that’s a normal human reaction.

Bully tactics. Very offended anyone would call me a bully. Look through the forums to see how new players get treated and the messages that get sent back and forth between players. That's bullying. I’m never rude, even when I get rude messages. I never threaten anyone. I even use to welcome new enemy players to the game and have in the past told them to feel free to carry on attacking my zone to level up (with the intention to clear them eventually of course). I don’t anymore cause i have no idea if it’s a new player or someone’s alt account. I really don’t mind the constant complaints and finger pointing and all that. Its boring but carry on if that’s what you want. But to go so low as to call me a bully on the forums and try and paint me in that light is in my opinion a bit much. We have a legion player send an 11 year old rude messages and I’m the bully. Brilliant.

As for the guy who said I took a 10 million bot Atlantis zone on my own. I almost don’t want to destroy the myth but i can’t recall this at all. Wish it was true. Maybe my memory is going. I've taken some with millions in them (2 to 4 maybe) but never alone. When is Atlantis a solo mission? I've also been spotted stealing people's new born children while flying off into the darkness cackling.

Edited: Fixed an error where i said Legion instead of Faceless....also a couple of spelling mistakes i made.

Ignore this threadjack if you want, but Silver responded here so I will put up my opinion.

It is an extremely clear case, almost a classic case of scripted play. The Faceless accounts in Fort Collins and espeically those just north of Denver, that we are affected by will 1) launch 20+ hours a day against zones they can't take and couldn't keep if they took, the point being to harass 2) it's not just one but consistently six+ accounts doing it, "they're just dedicated OCD types" doesn't explain it 3) accounts in the same area have been banned for rooted Android and location spoofing 4) names of some banned accounts are distinctly similar to ones currently scripting (banditomakeout and makeoutbandit) 6) most importantly scripting accounts sometimes twitch out, deploy at a seemingly normal rate when sync-locked, deploy stupidly like putting def into a zone what was taken 12 hours earlier. And I hope Silver will jump in our forum so we can point this stuff out and he can see it next.

It's impossible to be sure that an Android is not rooted, but the evidence of abuse is pretty overwhelming.

Most importantly, devs and support need to remember that the cheaters learn from failure and share what they learn with each other. Keeping up is a constant game of cat and mouse.

Acesx and Kakarrat19 (Legion) can probably add lots more detail going back over a year.

thanks

This is my last response on this issue (and I ddint mean to highjack this thread, I just meant to add to the discussion since the issues were simular - so kiss my *** if you dont like it). Anyway, I said what I needed to say on my last e-mail to support\silver, but since he decided to respond here and even try to air "skewed" dirty laundy - which how I take it as to discredit me..."allow me to retort"... at least a little.

As I see it, someone is wrong here and the odds are stacked against me. even if it is silver, et al (which it is), it doesnt matter and at the end of the day there is nothing I can do about it. "he says he looked at the logs" and I am worng so "game over man, game over". However, what I can say is I sent them screenshots of these users' activity literally deploying for days on end (5 days total) - so much so that their "angel" flipped out on me and got angry for sending updates.. There were no breaks in deployments like he said there was...and even when one account did stop (days later), his alias (which were synched to him...and even linked \synched to previously banned accounts) deployed non stop and that's where I think they are getting fooled. I understand they dont have boots one the ground to see what we have seen and I tried to explain that to them, but there is one thing that they told me yesterday\last night that proved to me silver, et al are wrong here....it was they said these accounts only "collectivly spent $10" - which is utter horse ****. These same accounts melted down a 2 million + zone (including others) in less than a day. They are able to deploy support bots, abs, and NMs (up the ***) - buying inoculations and even deploying while synched. That right there told me all needed to know that they dont know what they are talking about, or are "half-assing" their investigation. But alas, what can I say or do here. Silver says I am worng, and that's that. I just wanted to say my last peace on this.

I have posted a blog post today. I had not planned to share this so early, but we have been working on a way to better determine if questionable activity is automated. The feature is still under development and I can't say when it will be released. However, I hope this shows I am not attempting to sweep this issue under the rug. Hopefully we will have the feature added to all platforms in the not-too-distant future.

http://blog.qonqr.com/post/101785270082/launch-authorization

Bohdizafa as a fellow Swam I feel your pain. There once was a point here in my area when we were getting our butts kicked by Legion on a daily basis. They were so much better organized and were able to sustain attacks for days at a time and could take down 2 mil bot zones in less than a day. We never gave up and thanks to some fortutious events and better organization Nashville is now a green oasis in a sea of reds and grapes.

In addition as far as money goes we would have lost a lot more ground than we did without our cubes so please stop hating on us for using cubes or try to limit us because when you do we will stop paying.

Finally, don't get discouraged or allow them to get to you. It's only a game and none of us would want you to play if you're not enjoying it. So get your **** out there and organize your fellow Swarmies. Never give up and never surrender!

Silver that blog post is great news!

Hopefully this will save Gadg time by not having to handle these types of scripting accusations anymore, and then dealing with the fallout when certain people aren't happy with your answer.

Cheers mates. ^_^

Dodgy Arab. Qonqrd is a group, of which I am part of. If it was only me that wanted to share an opinion I would use my own account.

This thread was set up to discuss excessive cubing. Sadly it seems to of gone off track.

Legion are not alone when it comes to multi accounts, all three factions are guilty of that. Faceless have simi/mealstrom angelicalien/illegalalien repx and his 3 other accounts to name but a few!

You could argue that these are genuine accounts, as I can also tell you some legion players have family members play too.

You could also argue that you do not associate yourself with those people, however they are still faceless and you're happy enough to punish me for playing for a faction that consists of supposed multis.

Personally I cant be bothered to use any more than one device. Besides, SL was introduced to address those so not really sure where you are going with that.

It sounds like you are simply trying to find a reason to justify the way you play.

For the record, legion have never dominated London and I never believed a single faction could do so (untill you bought London)

Before you came along, legion and swarm used to have some fantastic battles in London. They could go on for days and it was a case of the most dedicated win. We didn't win every battle but at least we had a 'battle'

Now, every zone we come up against you in, you splash the cash and squash the battle. Where's the fun in that?

I've worked along side the same group for nearly two years, and when I say 'along side' I mean building and attacking along side each other and I've never seen legion use refreshes. Im not saying we wouldn't if we could afford it but faceless really do seem to believe we cube. It's probably seems that way because without cubes you lose, well I've got news for you. Its called dedication.

Each of us may spend a few quid to top up our creds and support the game but that's about it.

As for the messages sent to a 11yr old maybe you should get him/her to check the age rating of the game. Its 12+

Even with swarm and legion united, and if we each had 3 devices each we would still struggle to compete against your cash. so you can take our zones, turn everything purple without even playing the game.

I will simply collect the kills whilst i sit back and watch the game die in the UK.

P.s - please excuse my spelling, my spell checker Is asleep

Is Qonqrd like the borg? Anyway, your name was only in reference to the video i assume you made and the music selection i assumed you chose. Its quite possible you all got together and had an editing party (joking).

I hope that fixes the problem silvers. My name was mentioned. I'm going to say 2 things, keep it brief. I fought the faceless in fort Collins for about 6 months. I have about 75 million kills, most of which are from this time in fort Collins. Before the multiscope being allowed. They created and used multiple accounts. They never used to deploy regularly at all. They were human like and sporadic because they worked or so they said together. If I was on qonqr every 20 min at work I would be fired. I have spent a lot of money on this game to keep them at bay from thier 3 am raids where i spent 50 dollars at a time just to hold of 2 players who "only spent 10$" on the game.

aces

Dodgy Arab. Qonqrd is a group, of which I am part of. If it was only me that wanted to share an opinion I would use my own account.

Can i just first say, liking your own post. Propper classy.

Yes you're a group. That's brilliant. Didn't realise you edited your post with some actual content. Only just noticed.

This thread was set up to discuss excessive cubing. Sadly it seems to of gone off track.

I blame Silver for this. *shakes fist at Silver*.

Legion are not alone when it comes to multi accounts, all three factions are guilty of that. Faceless have simi/mealstrom angelicalien/illegalalien repx and his 3 other accounts to name but a few!

You could argue that these are genuine accounts, as I can also tell you some legion players have family members play too.

You could also argue that you do not associate yourself with those people, however they are still faceless and you're happy enough to punish me for playing for a faction that consists of supposed multis.

Personally I cant be bothered to use any more than one device. Besides, SL was introduced to address those so not really sure where you are going with that.

It sounds like you are simply trying to find a reason to justify the way you play.

I'm sure that in Timbucktu every faction has multiple accounts. Im talking about London Faceless/Swarm/Legion. No London Faceless player has multiple accounts. If any London player had multiple accounts back when it was cheating i would have kicked them out of the groupme chat and be done with them. Only Simi and RepX can answer whether or not they use multiple accounts. As for angel, i've seen the first name around London. Absolutely no idea who they are and are not in the groupme chat. Also angel only popped up after the multi scoping was legit. My main point was: You are happy to complain about a legit portion of the game (and some of you get very angry about it like i created cubes) while some players in your crew were cheating. Its very simple. Im not trying to "punish" you. I am merely pointing out the double standards. An illegitimate advantage is ok in your eyes but a legitimate advantage is evil crazy omg death to the Arab. You mention fairness. That's is why i brought it up. Its not your responsibility to police all London legion though so I’m not trying to blame you for it. Just mentioning it.

As for using multiscoping as my excuse to justifying the way i play. I have always said that i play this way because i enjoy it. I'm not doing it to counter multi scoping. I cubed from day one or two of the game. Had no idea what multi scoping was. I enjoy deploying as and when i want to. I brought up multi scopes because (and listen carefully here) to me it seems odd that you get upset at cubes while playing with cheats. You get upset at cubes but happy to have your own advantages. That is my point. If i'm honest i cant expect you to have had a go at people around you who chose to cheat. I'm just telling you what it looks like to us. Now that its legit as you said we have SL. Well even that is being cheated against. But that is a different discussion. Either way even with SL it does not stop multi scoping being an advantage. Good for you guys, use it. My advantage is cubes.

For the record, legion have never dominated London and I never believed a single faction could do so (untill you bought London)

Before you came along, legion and swarm used to have some fantastic battles in London. They could go on for days and it was a case of the most dedicated win. We didn't win every battle but at least we had a 'battle'

Now, every zone we come up against you in, you splash the cash and squash the battle. Where's the fun in that?

I've worked along side the same group for nearly two years, and when I say 'along side' I mean building and attacking along side each other and I've never seen legion use refreshes. I'm not saying we wouldn't if we could afford it but faceless really do seem to believe we cube. It's probably seems that way because without cubes you lose, well I've got news for you. Its called dedication.

Each of us may spend a few quid to top up our creds and support the game but that's about it.

Wait. What now? Your bringing up me and my cash AGAIN? Your all about the drama you are. Why are you turning this into the money i spend. I agreed. Its OP. The vids were focused on me but the subject and title is about CUBES BEING FAIR (or not). Hence me bringing up the fairness of certain people's game play and discussing what i thought was the OP cubes.

I never said Legion dominated London. Never thought it either. I've also never bought any zone. As ive said to some people, there isnt a drop down menu where i get to choose a zone and pay for it. I still have to clear, defend, support etc for (sometimes) hours before the zone is mine.

Legion and Swarm had amazing battles before i came along? How did me coming along stop you from being able to fight swarm? Carry on. Have a blast. You going to blame me for the bad weather in a minute.

We too have fought for days. Please stop acting like you've played a different game to us (or me). And enough with the “without cubes you lose”. That's like me saying “without your multiple accounts you lose”. Before you go all crazy I’m not saying that.

I've not cubed in every zone. I'm sure you guys like to think the only way we beat you was with cubes. We use to take zones with ease against Legion. Faceless have taken zones without me even sending one bot into it. I've lost and conceded some zones that were well defended (against both sides). I might be harsh on Legion zones these days (there is a very good reason) but I certainly don't always cube against Swarm. They have taken some of my zones and i never even retaliated and the zone is still green today. Have a good look at the map. Its a sea of purple and green. Its not all purple. There is a finite amount of time to every day. And in that day is a finite amount of playtime. I can’t attack/defend every zone at the same time. London in my opinion looks very healthy.

We don't think you cube. We know you do (not you you, but some of your players). And that's great. Its likely that it's such a taboo thing amongst your lot that no one mentions it. I've fought one of your lot solo. Just me and him going all out. Was fun. I've been messaged by another one of your lot who told me he uses them. I even had Swarm try and stop me from cubing when i started playing by basically saying "we've dealt with a legion guy who cubes in London and we can deal with you". Not those exact words but that was the gist. That player is still around. There are other instances. Like i said, you (or not you you but some of you) are happy to have the advantage but when someone else has it its all winge and whine.

Oh, that brings me to your "where's that fun in that". I don't understand how you don't get the simple concept that i play to have fun. I cube because its fun. I'm having a good time and that's why i'm still here. Not having fun? Go play something else. Want to make the game better? Then have a reasonable discussion with someone who is backing you up on your main point. Cubes are OP. If all three sides could come together for this one discussion and come up with some ideas it would be a positive thing for Qonqr. The devs could maybe "test" them. Implement those ideas temporarily and see if their revenue stream drops at all. Instead this is what happens:

You: "Oh look at this guy he cubes like a crazy man!"

Me: "Yes, its fun but i agree its op."

You: "You're spoiling the game like a crazy man!"

Me: "The devs need to tweak cubes."

You: "You created ebola!"

Me: "…."

This is honesty what it feels like. You bring things up and blame me for stuff i had nothing to do with. Even when i agree with you, you keep on and on about how much money i spend and how much i cube. That's for the devs to change. Have a discussion. What does it serve to keep pointing the finger at me? It does nothing to solve your problem. I already go easy on certain zones and as i said i dont always go all out on Swarm. There is also a Legion player or two i try not to touch. It almost feels fake that should go easy on anyone. I should just play the game any which way i want to. But i don’t. Not always.

As for the messages sent to a 11yr old maybe you should get him/her to check the age rating of the game. Its 12+

This is where you truly show what kind of a guy you are. Instead of saying "they could not have known their age" or "i dont support that", you end up saying that its ok because he should have been 12 to play the game. So its ok to have insulted a player's 12 year old son? Ridiculous.

Even with swarm and legion united, and if we each had 3 devices each we would still struggle to compete against your cash. so you can take our zones, turn everything purple without even playing the game.

I will simply collect the kills whilst i sit back and watch the game die in the UK.

P.s - please excuse my spelling, my spell checker Is asleep

More drama. Yeah that sounds like a great way to spend your days Intel. Sit back and watch a game die. And please stop speaking on Swarm’s behalf. Im sure if they wanted to complain they have as many fingers as you and the ability to form sentences.

I am playing the game. That's exactly what im doing. The game wont die in the UK. If it dies you will see it all over the world. London Faceless have lost lots of players and they weren't cubed into quitting. They got bored. The game was not for them. Qonqr needs more features and i hope the devs get enough support and money so they can implement their ideas soon.

Stop finger pointing and start discussing.

Too long to proof read more then a couple of times and its 6:40 ish and bed is calling.

DodgyArab. I apologise for use the word 'cash' where I should of used 'cubes'

Honestly I've had many discussion about it, we are trying to get through to the devs but as you can see from this thread the situation is ignored.

I am sorry for the way I'm coming across, I'm just frustrated. I work hard to recruit and organise and I suppose months of defeat has finally led me to scream without consideration.

I didnt mean to speak for swarm, I just miss the battles. The last decent battle we had with faceless was in south mimms. It was a close fight and just when we started to gain a lead against an equally matched army the cubes came out and killed it.

Since then I cannot recall a battle I've been involved it where you havnt out cubed us. With the number of Faceless ops locally you would probably come out on top now anyway.

Recruiting has become difficult, everytime I check for new players they appear to be faceless.

As for the under age player, of course I do not condone abusive or rude message. I havnt seen it so couldn't comment on anything other than the age which stood out to me.

I admit, I'm angry and its not helping our situation. Its not asif its a new thing and I've instantly thrown my toys out of my pram. Ive put in the effort and tried to overcome things behind the scenes. Commenting here is a last resort and I also admit I'm not doing a good job of voicing my opinion.

DA, from what I've seen, you play to win and winning is fun right, absolutely true and sometimes (more often than not) to win you use cubes (whether it be necessary or not). Ok, fair enough but what this means is that one day you'll wake up and have no competition to play against. They'll all be gone because they saw no point in competing against someone willing to spend the same amounts you do.

*Just to counter those wallies who'll say "if they can't compete, good riddance, better off without them". There aren't many players in the UK as it is, there never have been compared to the US. It would only take a few of us to quit and the whole of the Southeast would be purple with no enemy to fight. If that's what you want then the only enemy you'll have is me, who you can't kill or get any kills from...

Think about the Italian Mafia. When they had a guy in their pocket, they wouldn't bleed him dry right away, they'd take some, let him earn then take some more, and so on.

So now you're thinking "is he trying to say let them win some?", well unfortunately it might a little late for that as your reputation now proceeds you. Most Swarm & Legion players in the Southeast now see you hitting a zone, send in some bots to get the kills but they know it will fall eventually.

North London may have started as a battle but most Legion knew it was going to fall. London (the zone) wasn't even contested as far as I can see.

This is partly what I was trying to say to you a little while ago. Another analogy (is that the right word?): When you play a computer game in God Mode you are robbing yourself of the challenge of competing, losing some and learning from it, then winning them back and allowing the victory to be so much sweeter.

[Edit] more or less comma's and full stops.,.,...m,.,,,,.,.,.m..,.......,

Well, everyone else has said something so, for you UK players, you may have noticed I haven't been playing for a couple of months.I stopped playing because I felt that the competition had gone stale. What is the point in me in continuing to play when every zone I attempt to take is locked down tight. When I did attempt to take these zones, my opponents would call in support to take out my other zones whilst I was distracted.

I don't enjoy a game where I fail to win any of my battles, and constantly see my territory dwindling. This isn't through lack of effort on my part. Throughout the summer i played constantly, putting in much more effort and regular deployments than the majority of my opponents.

Yes I am very disappointed that I lost London while I was gone, but even if I was there, I would have had no hope of defending it.

So yeah, you may have fun winning all the time, but your opponents have been quitting on you for some time now, only worsening the problem. I almost quit entirely, but I'm going to come back. There is a real need for changes in order to keep me interested, as a stagnant and dull game wont keep me playing.

I have nothing against people who use cubes only if it is to give them a fair fighting chance. Right now we fight a 6vs13 war (swarm vs faceless) in which a faceless player uses cubes to win his fights.

Dodgy, if you were fighting an enemy, outnumbered them and knew none of them uses cubes. Would you still cube?

I'm asking this question as to get an idea of what fair cubing should be like.

You win some, you lose some. If you can't handle that then don't play. There was an attack on a Legion zone in Illinois last week that put it #1 Most Active in the US two days straight. On the first day the lead Faceless launched 710 times (all missiles). Cubed and multiscoped, the purps dropped it from ~3.6m to ~1.2m. The local Legion has a very good team, they saved the zone and have rebuilt it. It goes to show not all victories can be bought. Old fashioned team work and dedication can still win out.

I went through a heavy cubing spell and eventually realized it was taking away from what I truly enjoyed about this game. I had become so enamored with "winning" that launching felt more like a chore than leisure so I stopped playing that way.

I still pattern my launches to avoid overheating. Call me outdated but that's how things used to be done. The forums had posts about launch patterns, deployment rates, stacks, overheat cycles...actual game mechanics. Have we learned all there is to know about that? I know some people sure haven't. IMHO, if you're going to lobby for changes then focus there. Game mechanics affect all players, not just a class.

There'll always be people who throw money at the game as opposed to actually playing it. I say let them ****...I'm not the one trying to defend a zone by cubing in amps (but I get a good laugh out of it)