The Official QONQR Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PeoriaFalcon

Does anyone have anything positive to say?

I've kinda disappeared from the game for the last 5 months. I was letting the game become obsessive and I got extremely upset when my wife and I were sync locked by some folks who knew we were a couple. After blowing up over the issue, I realized that I had an unhealthy addiction. I quit the game for awhile to break it, as I realized, I'm not the sort of guy to blow up over....well, anything. So it blew my mind that I had let something work me up. Cross out all the "This is unfair", "folks are cheating", "I don't like that player". This community is much better than this. I've chatted with a good many folks over the year I played, and there are good folks on all sides. You wouldn't know it from the message boards. As I read through the posts, it's almost embarrassing how many are acting............and I'm reminded of my attitude on that day.

It's just a game.....but it's a social one. While having an "enemy" can be fun.......playing the game with respect shouldn't be out of the question. We can argue all day about what is cheating and what isn't..........but you have to play within the limits of the game. It's amazing that Silver, Gadgerson and crew even allow this forum to take place when I can imagine, most of the comments hurt them........when all they wanted was to create something that people could love. Of course they want to make a profit, but I bet they wonder at times if it is even worth all this.

Personally, I want to thank them all for their efforts. From working with a lot of other systems, it's a struggle to get things to run consistently, let alone to deal with all of the personalities and such with such a small staff. While the game has room to improve, it's pretty awesome for a free game. Can we at least say thank you and appreciate how far the game has come?

I know I don't have a lot of pull in this community, but I implore you to "Love one another"................or at the very least, cool down the hate. Is it really so hard to be civil and respectful?

Good to see you in the forums Pfal, and I agree with your outlook of the game. I truly believe that the devs do everything within their abilities to keep this game fun and free for everyone. Does this mean that I will get to tear down your towers again?

It'll be hard Pfal..but I'll try to reign in the constant flow of venomous, bile flavored hate speech that, all to often, permeates throughout my posts. I make no promises..and I refuse to give up sarcasm and back-handed compliments as these are my primary means of communication..but I will try.

Joking aside..its good to see you back in the world, good sir. I hope your presence is a return rather than a visit.

I'm enjoying the company of my team still! And things aren't bad at all, we all complain and whine on the forums, but the reality is that most of us are still here and having fun. Nothing is without it's problems, jump back in and come back! Just make sure you go HAM.

Edit:

The same people I go back and forth with on the forums are the ones I chat with cordially in Groupme. Every game forum ends up as a place where the flame wars take place. Doesn't mean we CAN'T get along in PM and Groupme/line for you swarmies out there.