The Official QONQR Community Forums
bohdizafa

http://qommnd.com/ suspened by ICANN

Seems to still work.

Should be shut down for good.

pew pew. never used it, and i don't feel like i'm missing anything.

if the player base ever increases in the rural areas you'll see what i mean. no time for qommnd with so many locals keeping you on your toes.

'Should be shut down for good.'

Not sure why there is so much antipathy toward Qommnd, I would certainly miss it if it went offline, to the point where I wouldn't find Qonqr so interesting. Qommnd is a valuable source of intel, an overview of the battlefield, and battles are usually won by the one with the best intel.

if qommnd was integrated into the core of the game itself or at least the u.i. so that all players become aware of it and could utilize and/or access it if they wish, then that's fine.

qommnd, along with instant alert systems that message users through groupme if their zones are so much as poked by the enemy, along with other variations and tools people have made with the api... you can't say that those don't give you a giant advantage over the other 90% of players that dunno it exists?

So the official Windows 8 companion app should also be closed down? After all that gives an advantage to players who have Windows 8 and know about the app...

Qonqr is a war game and as in war every faction strives to get a competitive edge over their enemy, I can't see how much fun it would be if the game was a completely level playing field, then we might as all play Sonic the Hedgehog...

I personally applaud any faction that can come up with a technology that outwits their enemies, that's how battles are won, then it's up to the player to come up with a strategy to nullify such technologies...

I like the history page of qommnd. I like looking back at past ops and strikes that don't make the top 10. Top 10 gives a great overview of who showed up and shelled out what, but qommnd shows a much better picture. When people were most active, when coordination was great, etc. It would be awesome if it integrated with the top 10 better or if you could track more than just the top 10 by actual stats. Qommnd and most active zones list are the only "History Book" that we have right now. I think it's great.

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I feel I have a justification for tools like qommnd that makes a lot of sense. Plus I have strong feelings about topics like these so I couldn't resist.

I always thought of it this way...

If a vehicle manufacturer, say Toyota, has the money, time, resources, etc. to invest and invent new technologies, what right does anyone have to tell them those competitive technologies are not allowed in their vehicles? You can't just force all the successful, resourceful companies to step down to the level of the more 'scrappy' ones. Also said 'scrappy' company might have a trick up their sleeves that big old Toyota doesn't know about. It works both ways.

Or if a kid is working on a project for school, but doesn't have a computer at home and has to go to the library to do research. Do we have the right to tell the kid who has a computer at home that he/she isn't allowed to use it because their classmates don't have access to the same resources?

In terms of qonqr, as some of you have stated, your body/job/life/family might afford you more or less time, required hours of sleep, diligence, money, etc. to play qonqr. In my circumstances, I do not have time, but I do have other skills (like programming and computer knowledge) that I can invest into qonqr to give me a competitive edge. Why shouldn't I be able to use that?

Yes life if different from a game, and perhaps a game has the right to forcibly ensure an even playing field. But, all good games (that don't rely solely on probability) require that you discover ways to get ahead. Both a math genius that can calculate all the odds at a poker game, or the ordinary fella that just memorized all the odds have the right to use their knowledge at the poker table. Qonqr shouldn't be any different.

But the nuance to this issue is that the power of raw cash in qonqr still needs to be restricted. The ability to buy an advantage in online games has always been a difficult issue for game developers, which opens up a whole other can of worms. In any case... the use of knowledge and other applicable skills should not be restricted.

Edit: Yes poker relies heavily on probability, but for most people calculating those odds on the go is not that easy.