The Official QONQR Community Forums
Silver

Launch Verification Today

This morning, we enabled launch verification. We announced that we had begun work on this 2 months ago.

http://blog.qonqr.com/post/101785270082/launch-authorization

It took a while to implement the code on all three platforms, force all players to update to the newest app version, and release the feature in a controlled manner. Today we turned on the feature and manually forced some volunteers on all three platforms to verify their launch immediately after the feature was enabled. With the exception of one user, all were able to validate and launch successfully on their first attempt. One user experienced an issue, but was able to launch on his second try. We were unable to reproduce the problem this user had. We are watching the logs very closely. If we do not experience sustained failures, we will leave the featured enabled.

10890713_1608445019375336_1038250657_n.jpg

We hope this screen is intuitive, however if you are confused, in this scenario you would tap the lower images in this order ":(" "7" "?" "T", then press verify. If not all images appear for you it would indicate that the download failed (probably a bad/slow internet connection), press the "RESET" button to force them to download again.

We are still working on the frequency of when players will be randomly prompted to verify their launch, but currently you will randomly be prompted anywhere from once every couple hours to once every 3 days. The more you launch, the higher your probability of being prompted. Players in the middle of a heavy cubing battle, may be prompted less than once per hour. These periods are subject to change. We track failed auth codes and delays from the time a player is prompted until they enter the code. Be sure to immediately enter your launch verification code when prompted, and do not close your screen after hitting launch, until you have verified the launch went through.

We know some users will be dissatisfied with this new requirement of launching, but we hope this helps to build confidence among the increasing number of people who believe the top players are auto-launching.

It's a pity that this kind of anti-cheating measures have to be taken. I haven't seen the screen on my scope yet, but the image above looks pretty straightforward. Let's see how this works out.

The 12 hour test went very well. We had a better than 99% success rate, but that isn't good enough. We had one confirmed user who was unable to load the launch images, even after a reset. There were possibly more who didn't contact support.

We will run another test after the next server update.

My activity has been hugely reduced over the last several months since I started down the patriot path (I wanna pe able to set those as my rank!). Clearing out the dead fortified towers left begin by a player driven out of playif by cel certainly hasn't helped duel me either

Oops.. can't find the edit button browsing from phone... This should teach me to post with too much blood polluting a totally empty caffeine circulation system.

The point I wanted to make. Was that I hadn't seen it either but it looks interesting