The Official QONQR Community Forums
a1elec

Atlantis Feb 2015 - Legion Win

Well lets just say I have been at every Atlantis since August 2014 and now it is great to see that all factions have won at Atlantis.

This Atlantis was like none before all factions had a chance in the final hour to take the win!

Making it a unique Atlantis except for the fact that we now see an increase in multi-scoping just to take the Swarm Grunt Zone by Legion!

Also with the addition of Two 'T'Shirt contests one for the stacking phase and one for the final battle phase!

(sorry a little bost 4 Swarm took the final T-Shirts and one to a Faceless so sorry to legion they may have won atlantis but missed the T's)

All in all it was the most interesting Atlantis to date and if this is how they will be in the future we have a lot of good fun wars to play and the servers were at there best with the only noticeable slowdown occurring in the final 10mins of the battle which deserves a big round of applause to the servers and the staff at QHQ

I'm glad to participate in Atlantis. Indeed it was a very unique battle.

Now for a little BM (bad mannered)

To you faceless, I'm glad you got third place. That's what you get for double crossing Legion in the beginning.

Now to be civilized,

Swarm had a very great turnaround when the stacking phase started. You guys.. Mad props to you all.

Faceless, you guys had to play defensively and you guys did great. Even though Dings and at one point Faceless Melee was taken, you guys took it back even with constant legion and swarm in your way. I hear Faceless is unorganized and chaotic but you guys pull through very well when needed. To you dodgyarab, stay away from Atlantis. Haha jokes! But you sir are a very very fast cuber. Maybe one day I would like to challenge you to a cube match up of how fast we can kill bots or something. (Hey Silver, you should totally sponsor that event) for fun of course. You seriously did made legion run the last 10 minutes.

To Legion, you guys are great. With the new additions of leaders like Earit, Hector, AirPower.. You guys made a huge impact to Legion and I'm glad to have you guys on the team. I know I'm not the best shot caller out there and heck, I've made mis takes but you guys in your little private chat that I'm not apart from (I KNOW..WE CANT HANDLE CATHAN 24/7) have made very smart and decisive calls And planning. I still stand by my call of getting BigE back muwahaha. I'm glad you all still tolerated me even after that little mini breakdown I had. Which leads to this, there were rumors going around that I made a promise to switch to whichever faction won Atlantis and just quit the game. But you all as a faction. As friends. Even the faceless and swarm people that I talked too. Even the whole faceless (not you LA Faceless -some of you-) made me decide to stay and continue. You've all pretty much reborn me. (Oh gosh I think I went off topic)

To all factions:

Please for the love of Qonqr have easier names for your top 3 launchers. Having very weird nicknames was fun though...idk but

LOVE YOU ALL

It also came down to my faceless BAE Dings. But he blocked me from messaging him so it's been on and off.

Edit: I'm glad my IPad didn't bug out the last minute. SILVER FIX THE 999999999 bug that happens on iPad. And don't say its because of my internet. Because it never happens on any of my phones and newer iPad D:

One thing I'm glad about is that participation is back up for the Atlantis. I know a lot of members of the community were ready to send Altantis out to pasture a few months back. But the last two months have had all factions having a sizable force participate for the entirely of the battle.

Also looks like we can scrap the, "always a bridesmaid" motto for Legion Atlantis outcomes. Great job Legion brothers and sisters.

pew pew pew.

A very fun Atlantis indeed. It definitely could have gone many different ways including a somewhat high probability of a tie during certain times of the match, which would have been interesting, I'm not sure who would have been named winner at that point. There were some definitely good calls during certain crucial points during the match, all the way from the beginning towards that end that helped Legion march to victory this time.

We also had quite a bit more participation from Legion players who have never played Atlantis before which also really helped. Thanks to all the new legion players who joined in this time to show that Legion may not be the biggest faction, but we're by far the strongest.

Also on another note, the iPad issue isn't just your internet Cathan, it happens to me all the time, 50% or more, usually I have to restart the game to get it to work and then hope that I have enough time to do my launches before it defaults to 99999 distance. It's also occasionally happened to me on my iPhone when running on Wifi without Cellular Service. It didn't always happen, it started maybe a month or so ago, I think its a somewhat recent update that was used to prevent location spoofing that maybe is a little to strict when running on Wifi connections?

As far as the 999999 problem, I think it's fairly common on older Apple devices that use WiFi strictly (iPods/iPads)

It's probably something to do with the internal components and less with the game itself. There's a quick and easy way to fix it without having to exit or reboot the app, but... I think I'll keep that to myself :D

I was glad to have been there to help bring this one home. I've been a victor in several Atlantis rounds before this, but this has been the most satisfying and most memorable. Taking out 3m in 40 minutes... Losing and somehow recovering BigE... The massive numbers stacking Dings at the very end... I feel like it went incredibly well! Thank you, Legion, for the awesome time and especially to those who oppose Atlantis as a distraction but still showed up in that final hour to make sure victory was ours. If you've heard it once. You've heard it a thousand times, "we are Legion, we are one." And we really proved that this week.

Time for the other one you've heard thousands of times...

PEW PEW PEW

Congratulations, Legion, for the victory. It was very difficult. Outnumbered and outgunned, attacked by both FL and SW at the same time.

This Atlantis as the previous ones show us that no matter how many players take part, no matter what strategy and devotion they put into Atlantis - everything can be ruined by one cuber in the last 30-40 mins of the event.

I strongly believe that if every second Atlantis is a refresh free one - more players will participate and the popularity of the event will rise.

To you faceless, I'm glad you got third place. That's what you get for double crossing Legion in the beginning.

What?

I have no idea what this means..

I strongly believe that if every second Atlantis is a refresh free one - more players will participate and the popularity of the event will rise.

I still say increase the reward for winning and you'll get more players. The 200% harvest is nice, but what if it harvested 200% faster too. Or something.

A very fun Atlantis indeed. It definitely could have gone many different ways including a somewhat high probability of a tie during certain times of the match, which would have been interesting, I'm not sure who would have been named winner at that point. There were some definitely good calls during certain crucial points during the match, all the way from the beginning towards that end that helped Legion march to victory this time.

We also had quite a bit more participation from Legion players who have never played Atlantis before which also really helped. Thanks to all the new legion players who joined in this time to show that Legion may not be the biggest faction, but we're by far the strongest.

Also on another note, the iPad issue isn't just your internet Cathan, it happens to me all the time, 50% or more, usually I have to restart the game to get it to work and then hope that I have enough time to do my launches before it defaults to 99999 distance. It's also occasionally happened to me on my iPhone when running on Wifi without Cellular Service. It didn't always happen, it started maybe a month or so ago, I think its a somewhat recent update that was used to prevent location spoofing that maybe is a little to strict when running on Wifi connections?

What I usually do is just turn off the wifi on and off and that fixes it 99.9% of the time insead of having to close and reopen the app.

Hello! I started this game with Legion about a week ago so my first experience with Qonqr has been this amazing epic battle for Atlantis. It was a great intro to the game. I guess I couldn't do much as a low level guy but I threw in what I had as often as I could and felt like I was contributing something at least. Go Legion! I feel like I picked the right team :)

Congrats to Legion for their victory!

I'm glad you recovered from your 'meltdown' Cathan. You had alot of us scared there for a little bit. Though I'm glad you're doing well, it's NOT ok to post the things you did locally. And to further it, you call US (SoCal Faceless) out after the way you acted? What do you want from us? The team even switched to Atlantis so you wouldn't... act upon your thoughts. I don't understand how we could be any more accommodating to your needs, and instead you try to drag our names through the mud... again.

If you're going to call us out, why not call out yourself? What was posted to us that prompted this attitude and response? Does your team know how you talk to locals? Of your demands and reasons? Would you like us to provide excerpts of your words towards us or me in general? The quitting was no 'rumor' either, it was yet another one of your mood swings we were 'responsible' for. It's not a 'rumor' when you say it yourself.

Make me/us the enemy as long as you want, just remember your words that I can post to show the reality of the situation.

Also, what is Hello Kitty talking about with the double cross comment? Faceless doesn't do truces or alliances in Atlantis. If someone offered you some kind of deal, there is no possible way they had the power to make it happen.