The Official QONQR Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
peil

Hey, lets get some officer ranks in this game!

So I had an idea for putting officer ranks in this game. How about in order to participate in the officer ranks, you would have to reset your scope and kill all your bots. The benefit for this would be that when your scope is fully maxed out, its twice as powerful as before, twice the bases, and twice the nanobots and energy. It should also be 3 times harder to level up and cost 3 times more to upgrade(which of course would go quickly if you just use cubes). This would make it more appealing to new players who enter the game and are surrounded by zones with millions of bots that they never have a chance to take over and make old player not want to do it because they've stacked so long. Of course if the old players do reset, then its good for the new players too who now have a chance to take a zone.

What do you think about this idea?

Your heart is in the right place in offering an advantage to those who can't get seem to gain ground against million-tall towers. However, for me to destroy 72 million bots, would be to waste almost a year of Qonqring all for the same boost that a new player would receive on day 1.

I like the idea of Officer ranks, but they'll have to be more rewards to appear to make those ranks attainable. I like the idea of Officer ranks granting a benefit, but to be fair to new players, Officer titles should come with a penalty as well. I have no creativity at the moment to propose a worth-while benefit/penalty; I'll leave that up to the rest of you to discuss.

I'm all for new awards. The Atlantis awards are pretty much unobtainable, the one for finding it when it only starts in the one time zone each round, also the award for coming first for your faction and winning is really a how much you spend award.

I've no ideas for new rewards associated with rank but apart from recruitment I've just about got a full house. And the 10k zone one I'm coming up on.

I think having the qredit harvest rate correspond to rank would be nice. It wouldn't be a standalone advantage because one could still purchase qredits in the market, but it would make a nice incentive to continue playing and obtain achievements.

Your heart is in the right place in offering an advantage to those who can't get seem to gain ground against million-tall towers. However, for me to destroy 72 million bots, would be to waste almost a year of Qonqring all for the same boost that a new player would receive on day 1.

I like the idea of Officer ranks, but they'll have to be more rewards to appear to make those ranks attainable. I like the idea of Officer ranks granting a benefit, but to be fair to new players, Officer titles should come with a penalty as well. I have no creativity at the moment to propose a worth-while benefit/penalty; I'll leave that up to the rest of you to discuss.

Well how about that you have to max out your scope first and get your max ranking in enlisted? That way new players cant get it on day 1, but those that stay around for 6 months or so, can do it.

yea dude this idea has been somewhat discussed

before, quite a few people checked it out.

basically it's "prestigeing" like in CoD.

i'm all for it, but i think it could be abused, imagine someone hitting you with multiscopes that are suped up?

would suck. =(