The Official QONQR Community Forums

So I've been playing for a while now and I believe I've explored pretty much every aspect of Qonqr that's possible.

What now? Stack bots? Kill opponents bots? The choice is endless right?

I could stick my hand in my pocket and do the whole hyper cuber thing but lets face it that's not Qonqr. Its just **** waving ( look mines bigger lol). So in the few years I've been playing, the forums are pretty much dead and the interaction between players and devs has dwindled. The last blog post about faction logos and blue was a waste of blog, effort and probably money. So what is peoples money being spent on? New features don't seem to be anywhere on the horizon and I doubt money is much of an issue, considering certain players spending habits.

I haven't seen any marketing done or game progression, not including updates to make Qonqr work, android version is still non existent on the market so guys what's going on?

I am a bit bored.

But I believe I raise valid questions. If anyone visits the forum feel free to read and comment.

Qonqr on.....

'cough'

'cough'

I can guarantee its not going to happen soon. Its only changing the overall layout of the game, there's no mention of new game features either.

Qonqr runs just fine as it is, I doubt an expensive overhaul of its image is going to improve the stale gameplay and retain new players.

I sent an email to support the other day & heard back with lots of interesting tidbits along with indications that there wad a blog post coming soon (a specific tentative soon was indicated). Some of it involved a few of the things we got to vote on ages back.

Communication between the devs and players is still very active, its just happening over GroupMe and other means.

QONQR Blue is still in development. That's probably why we don't see a lot of changes to the base game.

Qonqr needs some eye candy. I've never heard of a newb quitting because they thought leveling up was difficult, they quit because they are a,out numbered b,think Qonqr is boring c,don't get it.

If the devs forsake their own forum to communicate on an app that doesn't cater to the whole Qonqr community, then essentially the forums should be shut down and every newb directed to the biggest groupme chat.

I also thought Qonqr blue was easier to implement, so what's the hold up?

Depends on your area Leigh. Some places are geographically broken and finding out the answer to "does it get better at your level" is some variant of " I'm barely holding on I'm so outnumbered & help is too far away to do much" doesn't improve things... Having them find out the answer to "so once my scope is 100%, is it better?" Doesn't bode well for insurgent longevity in those areas

The important part of the blog post is levels after 100. I just wish they had given more details there.

lol yeah leigh obviously you need to play russian slot machines man! But on more serious note if you are a swarm and "bored" there is plenty of tasks that need maintaining for the swarming system to carry on. There is no shortage of areas you can volunteer. Deploying isn't the only skill needed. I don't see you in the SN network but when you are ready come see me I got a stack of swarm jobs that could use doing and you can contribute to the overall awesomeness of the swarm globally. For example have you considered training and helpings newbs? we have a syllabus and everything.. or news team? contributing or distro? how about expansion team! put your wire spamming or video editing skills to the test .. anyway if a swarm is really a true swarm devoted to the cause of swarm.. there is something for everyone to do to contribute.. as little or as much as they desire. :) No swarm should have time to be bored! XD

I think what Leigh is saying is the game is dead monk, especially here in the UK. Its totally boring, look at the forums DEAD, look at facebook DEAD, look at blog DEAD, look at TWITTER DEAD. The game is dying or should i say DEAD.

The devs don't talk anymore, I'm sure they know there are serious problems with the game (Especially endless refreshes) but all they are bothered about is BLUE, why? Cash Cow for the devs before the game totally dies!! and what new features are coming with BLUE!, jack all. They just want it to run on all OS's (more money) and always say 'Oh that will be version 2 of blue' complete horse poo. Personally i think the devs know its 'game over' and that's why they are so quiet. Rather than making blue they should be sorting out the game dynamics and i seriously feel sorry for any new joiner trying to get anywhere in this game.

But ive got a feeling BLUE will come out before windows 10, or they need to start and fix the old QONQR to run on it !!

Most of us only look forward to Atlantis now, the actual game i loved a few years back is DEAD!!!

Ever wondered why ATLANTIS QREDITS come to us so late?, have you noticed the high exchange rate lately!!. Just trying to milk us.

The two big issues that are both killing the game slowly and keeping it from growing exponentially are cube injustice and new player ramp. The game obviously also needs to provide a consistent and growing revenue stream as well. I think Silver needs to rethink how revenue is generated if he is going to address cube injustice and new player ramp.

For revenue generation I would suggest a model that doesn't give a significant combat advantages.

Download and play for free from level 0-99

Pay small monthly fee to get full functionality or play for free at 50% of offensive/defensive funtionality

Still buy cubes, but cubes are used for following:

- Credit Boost: harvest more credits for a period of time

- Range Extension: ability to use standard attack/defense formations at extended ranges

- Base Share: get 100% credit attainment even in bases owned by another faction

- Purchase additional ordinance

- Zone Name Change - ability to customize zone names. "Breggland"

- Faction Change with Bots - pay for the ability to keep up to 50% of your bots with faction change

- Experience Boost: %increase in experienced gained while leveling

- Other: anything that helps grow a player or provides enjoyment, but doesn't tip the battle capability of a scope.

New Player Ramp/Integration into Game

- Offer paid immediate ramp package: one price to become 100 with full upgrades

- Like the changes in Blue

- Create new zones in Metro areas that only 0-99 level can launch into, with statewide ranges

Understand that catering to those who have money and like to use it for an advantage is a good business model and for those people it might be ok to offer very expensive options:

- Shield generators: temporary energy shield that adds X% increase to defense or stops X% of damage

- EMP's: turns Absorbs off for X minutes. Does not destroy, just turns off

- Chain Lighting: Does damage across multiple players in a zone

From a development standpoint I have no idea what is possible, easy or hard, but the general idea is to make the playing field more fair for the standard player while maintaining and growing a business revenue stream.

Begginkrak has hit the nail on the head. Qonqr could do with alternative revenue streams. A business relying on a single form of income is doomed to fail. There needs to be more to encourage people to spend little and often.

Improving the the game as it stands, without introducing new game features, can only lead to stagnation overall.

There's been an absolute avalanche of ideas from players over the years, some good some (rap but still there's an resource of ideas.