The Official QONQR Community Forums
Phrozt

A way to honor the dead? Nah, how bout a way to dishonor the dead.

I like how we asked for a way to honor the dead's bots (in our case, Outlaw2112), and not only did you come up with nothing, but instead, you came up with shield decay, to help them die faster.

And of course, legion jump right on it, since they get destroyed in a straight up fight, what with having the gallantry of the overused birth canal of a woman of ill repute.

So thanks for that.

post-25235-0-53484100-1438212645_thumb.p

I agree, we should find a way to honor the dead, but I don't think keeping their towers infinitely is necessarily the solution. The game must go on. I'm pretty sure the point of bot decay was to clear the game of inactive player bots so that new players can have a chance to rise up, not to dishonor the bots of dead players.

I agree, we should find a way to honor the dead, but I don't think keeping their towers infinitely is necessarily the solution. The game must go on. I'm pretty sure the point of bot decay was to clear the game of inactive player bots so that new players can have a chance to rise up, not to dishonor the bots of dead players.

Or to give people who are terrible at the game the illusion that they don't suck.

I'm not sure you'd feel the same if the opposing faction had the huge tower. This is a good feature meant to help newbies. If you want to honor someone, try being civil with your local QONQRers, from all factions, and asking for a cease fire on a zone or two. However, I imagine that your lack of civil discourse shown in this forum is restricted just to here, so I doubt they'd care to listen to you.

This is a game. Dont get all bent outta shape over it.

I'm not sure you'd feel the same if the opposing faction had the huge tower. This is a good feature meant to help newbies. If you want to honor someone, try being civil with your local QONQRers, from all factions, and asking for a cease fire on a zone or two. However, I imagine that your lack of civil discourse shown in this forum is restricted just to here, so I doubt they'd care to listen to you.

This is a game. Dont get all bent outta shape over it.

I came into this game after the lines were already drawn and civility had dropped...

And yeah leigh, that's a good idea, except that we don't have people that can cover all the areas.

Perhaps to maintain a ongoing list that has all the player ID of players that don't play anymore? Perhaps a key trigger could be that they are added after 6 months of inactivity. Or that they get added once a player has registered and then all their bots has died (in whatever reason)..

Both ways probably people will get added there that shouldn't, but those cases can probably be handled in the Support.