The Official QONQR Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cane54

Creating bases

Personally I like that very much, it disconnects the "base" from the "zone".

I agree, am curious what the thought behind it is. Maybe our base positions will have an impact in game. Hint Hint

Silver, you misunderstand this --- Let's say Loyal Heights zone hexagon is 1 inch away at map scale level X, but you are in that zone. When you create a base, the base icon is placed at your current precise location, in this case 1 inch at scale X away from the zone hexagon. I like it, but cane54 might not, but that's the issue.

See attached screenshot. On the left screen, zone loyal heights is left/west of 24th street. On the right screen, base loyal heights is right/east of 24th street.

I prefer this but it might not be what you intended.

post-345-0-83794200-1453408499_thumb.jpg

OH!!! I see. Well no one else can see your bases. Is this a problem Cane?

We have always stored the exact location of your base in the database, but until now we never showed them on the map, just listed them in a list by zone name. Some day in the very distant future, there may be a feature that makes the exact location of your base relevant (but never public unless you explicitly allow the base to be seen by other players).

We have some ideas about how we could make bases more interesting in Version 3.0, but nothing solid. If that ever happens, you'll probably want to move your bases down the block from your home or work before you made them public. BUT AGAIN, it will be a very long time before we would allow you to make your base location public, if we ever do at all.

I like this --- makes it feel all "base-y" and whatnot. I like the idea of me deploying some random piece of hardware that passively draws energy from the zone -- and who knows, in the future maybe you'll have some kind of event that shows all zones and allows for some kind of attack against them. Can you imagine what the screen would look like?