The Official QONQR Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Soupist

Opening to last zone you were in

It would be nice to have an option to set a zone as "Default" so the app always opens to that zone. Now it opens to your current location,and then you have to search for the zone you were just in. I know minimizing the app keeps your location, so I am talking on full load of the app. Then have a Default Zone button that always snaps you to that zone if pressed. The bottom bar has 2 buttons on the right for + /- and the left only one button. Maybe have 2 on the left, one for current zone and another for the flagged default zone.

I was thinking something similar, but tabled that when I noticed it always goes back to the last zone attacked, no matter how far away. So, if I attack a local zone, say Loyal Heights, but want to help out in Jovita, it's on me. If I only help out in Jovita, it'll always go back to Jovita, so to me that works as expected. Also, for finding zones the search distance is related the current point on the map, not your current location. This is terrific for finding that one zone where you can find the general area but not the precise zone, and can't recall the precise spelling.

Note: "always" means "I think by design", not "it always works", although it seems pretty solid. I'll have to check after crashes.

So if it crashes and you have to restart, it goes current? _OR_ a phone reboot loses the previous zone?

If both of these are true, then here are two possibilities and potential ramifications:

1: Always return to last zone. People can always use map carat to return to local. However, this requires user to know the behavior and in truth most people would probably be frustrated.

2: Add a switch for the above behavior, default to OFF. Better, but now requires a new feature, code, etc.

3: Allow for saving a single bookmark (I think this is what you said above? Nominate a single zone to return to?). I think this would not cause confusion for most players and players that want it would be perfectly happy to manage this. But, also requires new code, probably even more than option 2.

Today most players send themselves a message with the relevant zone. Inelegant, but it works. As a player I'd like to see something easier for that purpose that doesn't clog your inbox, but as a developer I get it ...

I will say the 'resume old location' feature on Classic for Android is rock solid. Not 100% of the time, but if that behavior were emulated in blue and the other classic versions it would most likely take care of it. Of course, given the balkanized nature of Android, it's possible the behavior I'm seeing is unique to my handset ...