The Official QONQR Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Here is a simple mock up of my vision for two way communication. I drew it during my concert music class yesterday. First time I've used colored pencils in a while. Anyway, it would be pretty simple, you would just see a display of messages against that blue hexagon background, and scroll up and down like you would a long web page or a Facebook chat. I think having the newest stuff at the bottom makes the most sense when looking at an individual chat. Since now all your messages with one player would be in the same place, or the screen that shows all your messages, you would only see the latest message from each individual. I'm not sure how you would show messages of yours that haven't been answered yet, but I guess that's another mock up for another day. Give me any feedback you have, and enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/quhn30gwz39bcln/image.jpeg

Makes sense. Enhanced messaging is on the board (last I heard) and will come eventually. However it is definitely a lower priority than bugs and getting other Needed features implemented to accommodate the many different style of players that Qonqr needs to attract and retain.

I love the concept Supertrampoline! Especially since its's threaded.

Like darkiran said though, there is A LOT that has to be done before the devs can get to adjusting currently working mechanics when there are many that need to be fixed.

What would the screen look like to get to this screen? Would it be the same screen we have today, but when you click on it it loads all previous sends and receives for that player (the mock up you drew) instead of just the single message?

Yeah, I think so. But instead of having individual messages on the main message screen, it simply lists the latest message for each person in the order it was received So for example, if i messaged players in this order oldest to newest: A A B A C C D A B, it would display the threads with the most recent ones on top in this order: B A D C. There are two related problems: how do you deal with threads where you were the last one to speak versus the other person was the last one to speak. Especially if a lot of your messages go unresponded to (which happens to me). Maybe just list the name of who you are chatting with in the main screen, and have the box you would click on to go to the conversation be a different color depending on who was last to speak. maybe have a third color for messages that haven't been responded to at all. That probably sounds confusing. I'll make another mock up once finals are over.

Don't forget about the recent request to "Delete multiple messages" from the list view. Keep that in mind when doing your mock up. And also consider if your plan makes it harder to do multiple recipients on a message, another frequent request. Messaging is hard, but I welcome the mockups.

I would suggest something almost identical to the Windows Phone messaging area, with Qonqr UI. Then you could go into Qonqr's messaging, and manage past conversations just like you do on Windows Phone. I haven't used an iPhone, but I would guess its messaging is similar.